Diamond Plus Galley/Bridge Tour

Hello All,

I just became a Diamond Plus and am going on the Allure in a few weeks. I saw on the benefits section that I could get a tour of the galley and maybe the bridge. Can someone tell me how to schedule that?

Edited by CruiseLover15

You don't schedule those. They will contact you with the date/time. As D we have had one entertainment tour. The rest of our trips haven't had them, so don't hold your breath that it will happen. It might, but it might not. Some things are hit or miss. Our Vision cruise in 3 weeks will be our first as D+ and we'll see what we actually have happen.

You don't schedule those. They will contact you with the date/time. As D we have had one entertainment tour. The rest of our trips haven't had them, so don't hold your breath that it will happen. It might, but it might not. Some things are hit or miss. Our Vision cruise in 3 weeks will be our first as D+ and we'll see what we actually have happen.

Ok, thanks. I never got a call about the entertainment back stage tour on any cruises I took as a Diamond. :(

Hello All,

I just became a Diamond Plus and am going on the Allure in a few weeks. I saw on the benefits section that I could get a tour of the galley and maybe the bridge. Can someone tell me how to schedule that?

There should be a card in your cabin, along with the rest of the papers. You fill it out and return it to either the Concierge or the Loyalty Ambassador.

If your ship is offering the tours there should be a card in your room...it will tell you the date(s) and time(s) of the tour & they ask you to return the card by a certain date...If you don't get a card you can also stop by the LA to ask if they are giving the tours...sometimes things don't always get delivered to your cabin as they should...

I type to slow...;):)

Edited by kc320

If your ship is offering the tours there should be a card in your room...it will tell you the date(s) and time(s) of the tour & they ask you to return the card by a certain date...If you don't get a card you can also stop by the LA to ask if they are giving the tours...sometimes things don't always get delivered to your cabin as they should...

Actually, it does NOT tell you the date and time of the tours. Just the tour name itself.

If you check that you want a tour, they later send you the information in an "invitation".

The private bridge, galley, and backstage tours are offered to D+ only and have been offered on every cruise since we've been D+. The D entertainment tour you refer to in our experience was more of an informational discussion conducted in the theater by a performer and / or a member of the cruise director staff and was a Q & A session that also included an opportunity to go on stage.

As others have indicated the D+ tours will be by invitation left in your stateroom and once you return the invitation acknowledging your participation, the time and date will be provided.

The Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge Concierges will also assist with this they coordinate the tours with the associated ship staff.

I´ve been invited to These tours ever since making D+.

The Invitation will be in your cabin, though in my experience, the initial Invitation usually does not state date and time, but just asks you to return it by a specific date and time with your request of tours you wish. You will then get invitations to the tours with a specific date, time and Meeting Location.

Note, that for Bridge tours you should not bring along big bags / purses, as they Need to perform security checks.

Best is to just bring your camera. Pics are allowed, though no Videos.

Hello All,

We, also, have been able to do the tours on every cruise since we made D+. I've done Oasis, Allure, Quantum, Rhapsody, Legend, Vision. We actually stopped doing them as repeats. But normally it's on the last at-sea day. As others have said, you will get a card in your stateroom. Fill it out and return it to the Loyalty Ambassador. If you don't see the card, go early to check, as they close it off pretty early in the cruise.

Also as mentioned, don't take anything other than a camera and a photo ID to the Bridge Tour. Security is very tight. For the galley tour you'll need close toed shoes so make sure to pack some.

It's interesting tours. Legend is the oldest ship. Comparing that to Quantum's bridge is quite interesting. The Capt. isn't usually there for bridge tours, but on Rhapsody in Alaska the Captain came on the bridge to talk to us. He answered questions as long as we wanted.

Anyway, it's really nice perk if you are interested in these things. The Bridge is just an amazing view, and on most ship the Bridge wings have glass in the deck so you can look straight down. You'll be amazed at how huge the bridges really are. Enjoy the tours. It's a nice perk of D+.

The private bridge, galley, and backstage tours are offered to D+ only and have been offered on every cruise since we've been D+. The D entertainment tour you refer to in our experience was more of an informational discussion conducted in the theater by a performer and / or a member of the cruise director staff and was a Q & A session that also included an opportunity to go on stage.

As others have indicated the D+ tours will be by invitation left in your stateroom and once you return the invitation acknowledging your participation, the time and date will be provided.

The Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge Concierges will also assist with this they coordinate the tours with the associated ship staff.

Interesting you say those tours are just for D+ members

Since we have turned Diamond we have done 2 backstage tours (one of them was of the ice show) a Bridge tour and we just did the galley tour on the Allure.

We did receive invites on the first 3 but last one, on the Allure, we were called by the LA directly to remind us we had a tour:confused:

Since we have turned Diamond we have done 2 backstage tours (one of them was of the ice show) a Bridge tour and we just did the galley tour on the Allure.

We did receive invites on the first 3 but last one, on the Allure, we were called by the LA directly to remind us we had a tour:confused:

That has been our experience as posted and each invitation indicates D+.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If you look at the C & A tier level benefits you will not see any of the above tours listed under D, but will see them under D+. (Interestingly the bridge tour is not listed - that too may have now changed).

We too in past years have had opportunities to see backstage and the galley for different reasons - but again in our experience that has changed and is now available only as described. The All Inclusive Tour that is open to all passengers for a fee includes the bridge and several other behind the scenes areas.

Guess you've been fortunate.

If you look at the C & A tier level benefits you will not see any of the above tours listed under D, but will see them under D+. (Interestingly the bridge tour is not listed - that too may have now changed).

We too in past years have had opportunities to see backstage and the galley for different reasons - but again in our experience that has changed and is now available only as described. The All Inclusive Tour that is open to all passengers for a fee includes the bridge and several other behind the scenes areas.

Guess you've been fortunate.

I just looked and the bridge tour is still there (footnote 8)."8 Diamond and above members are eligible for Entertainment tour only. Behind the Scenes Tours including the Galley, Bridge, and enhanced Entertainment Tour with VIP Theatre Experience available only on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Behind-the-scenes entertainment tour does not include galley or bridge tours for Diamond members. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel these tours (ie. Due to security concerns)." Edited by FLACRUISER99

I just looked and the bridge tour is still there (footnote 8)."8 Diamond and above members are eligible for Entertainment tour only. Behind the Scenes Tours including the Galley, Bridge, and enhanced Entertainment Tour with VIP Theatre Experience available only on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Behind-the-scenes entertainment tour does not include galley or bridge tours for Diamond members. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel these tours (ie. Due to security concerns)."

Good catch - thanks! (Need to read more carefully :)) But that does support the D v D+ distinction for the tours offered.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As a Diamond plus we have had the offer and not. On our last cruise we were back to back. First cruise we got the paperwork for the ask, second we didn't. When we questioned the loyalty ambassador we learned that on the second cruise there were thought to be too many Diamond Plus to offer this benefit and so it was offered only to those with 350 points and above. We were able to get a tour but not to the bridge, the Galley tour which had fewer subscribers. It wasn't that the cabin staff were remiss in their duties, it's the choice of the loyalty team about what the ship can manage.

If you are interested and the paperwork doesn't come in the first few days, ask. For the Bridge tour you must be security cleared in advance of the tour so you have to have gotten your ask in time for that to happen. Once you are approved, you can't substitute your spouse or fellow traveller if you change your mind.

You can take pictures with permission but you can't enter into the bridge workspace, that is, the part of the U shaped control area because that is a safety issue for the crew to be able to action quickly. And, before someone writes in to say they have seen it done, I have too. Poor duty officer got a bollocking from the captain after!

You can take pictures with permission but you can't enter into the bridge workspace, that is, the part of the U shaped control area because that is a safety issue for the crew to be able to action quickly. And, before someone writes in to say they have seen it done, I have too. Poor duty officer got a bollocking from the captain after!

As you indicate pictures are allowed but not videos. And access to the control area does vary by ship as we have been seated in the control chairs on a couple of ships but limited to the wing area and space behind or in front of the control area on others. It is I believe at the Captain's discretion and may have to do with tour size as well. This was also clearly indicated by the staff as soon as we entered the bridge.