Just returned from the Anthem

We are signed up for Traditional Dining that "rotates" restaurants with the same tablemates and waiters. The Grand will be one restaurant. As we are doing a little sightseeing after the cruise, we are not planning on bringing formal clothing.

How dressy are the passengers in The Grand restaurant? Would a black sweater and dressy black pants do?

Thank you.

The Grande is not a totally formal restaurant that requires gowns and suites for men, women will be just fine with nice dress slacks and a nice top. The major requirement for men is a sports coat will required even on the first night of the cruise. The maitre'd did confirm this when I specially asked this question.

The parking garage is open and that is where we parked for the last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and for the 2 night event.

Are all cocktail prices $12 each or were just the specialty ones listed on a menu at that price and say a Vodka and cranberry less?

I was on the 2 night on the Amthem and can confirm in Boleros bar, not all cocktails are 12.00. Some of the specialty mojitos were 10.50. And Michaels pub too, not all were 12.00 for sure. I remember a lot of 10.00 ish menu prices.

We are signed up for Traditional Dining that "rotates" restaurants with the same tablemates and waiters. The Grand will be one restaurant. As we are doing a little sightseeing after the cruise, we are not planning on bringing formal clothing.

How dressy are the passengers in The Grand restaurant? Would a black sweater and dressy black pants do?

Thank you.

I was on the Anthem TA; the "formal" dress code in Grande is a joke. When men are allowed in with open collared, non-white, non-dress shirts, and can just borrow a jacket and hang it off their chair, then RCI should just scrap the dress code notion and not make people stress over it. Also, neither the food nor the service (which was totally harried) were special enough to make this a "formal" venue.

You'll be fine in a black sweater and dressy black pants. Have a great trip.

The Grande is not a totally formal restaurant that requires gowns and suites for men, women will be just fine with nice dress slacks and a nice top. The major requirement for men is a sports coat will required even on the first night of the cruise. The maitre'd did confirm this when I specially asked this question.

The parking garage is open and that is where we parked for the last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and for the 2 night event.

This info on the Grande 1st night is totally different from all other earlier reports where people have reported first night is relaxed dress code. Perhaps this was because the cruise was only two nights?

Just returned from a way too short sailing of the Anthem from Cape Liberty. A beautiful ship with lots of activities and dining options.

Let me know if I can answer any general questions.

Hi, thanks for helping.

1. Did you use the wowband?

2. Did you have to purchase it?

3. If you did use it, did it work everywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, thanks for helping.

1. Did you use the wowband?

2. Did you have to purchase it?

3. If you did use it, did it work everywhere?

Thanks in advance.

The OP was on a non-revenue short cruise to nowhere for invited guests so that RCI could show off the ship; whether she had to buy the WOW band or not (I'm sure she didn't) will be irrelevant to paying guests, who currently are reporting on a thread about this very topic (link below) that RCI is now charging for the bands.

Your third question is answered in that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278944

Wow bands are provided free and are already in your room when you arrive, they will open your stateroom door and you can pay for drinks at the bar etc,they are an extension of your sea pass card. We found them useful when going for a swim!

Wow bands are provided free and are already in your room when you arrive, they will open your stateroom door and you can pay for drinks at the bar etc,they are an extension of your sea pass card. We found them useful when going for a swim!

As has been discussed at great length on several threads, the WOW bands are no longer being provided for free.

Formal dress nights have now been eliminated from Celebrity so this half hearted effort at the Grande should be scrapped altogether as its a joke really. Wear what you want and we will give you a jacket to carry to your chair. Pointless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep pushing the idea to just stay at a park and ride hotel (Embassy Suites) and avoid this parking nightmare.

I guess it depends on how long of a drive you've got to Bayonne. We're from Ct. so it's best for us to just park in the garage and walk to the pier.

Id liken tomhear more about th nightmare part. Are you talking about just cost or at there other things I should be worried about?

Just cost, mainly. But, for us since we live in VA, and are going to Cape Liberty again, we just stay at a hotel, spend the night before and just take advantage of the park and ride option. That way, no stress of having to arrive the same day as the cruise and we can take the hotel shuttle to the pier. Bring a hotel card back with us and we call the shuttle and they even come and pick us up. Overall, we save a little that way and don't have to park at the pier.