Pants Required?

This thread reminded me of an funny incident a few years ago....

While waiting to be seated in the MDR, the hostess told one of the men (who was wearing shorts) in group in front of us.."Sir..you need pants to dine"..he got very loud and proclaimed..."I have pants on..and I even have underwear on". :D

I think some people just prefer a nicer ambiance in the MDR while dining. :confused:

Personally I don't know why the way others dress impacts or affects anyone. But each of us is different, I don't care what other people wear anywhere.:)

Don't know what the dress code on the TA was, but for this 3 day inaugural, the dress code is relaxed. The 3 day Sky cruises have a shorts everywhere policy.

Ah, yes, that probably explains it!

I posted a photo of the Freestyle Daily showing the dress code from the TA early in this thread.

Quick question: Packing for Escape on Saturday ... what dining venues require pants? I only recall Le Bistro on the Getaway. Does the same hold true with the Escape? Thanks!

Thank you so much for the giggle. It reminded me of a running joke in the Emergency Comm Center I used to work at ... Pants are optional for night shift, so remember to call before you go popping in.

But were you wearing pants?:eek::rolleyes::D

Oh dear.

One NEVER asks a gentleman what he is wearing under that kilt!

:o

And yes, a ":D" was properly understood in the first reply above by *most* as a joke.

I thought the way the original question was asked just begged for something like this.

Although, I certainly *DO* remember, all too well, when I first moved from the USA to England.

Not realizing that there were so many "almost but not quite" similar words, I did indeed ask a co-ed group of colleagues where I could go to buy some pants.

That immediately brought the conversation to a SCREECHING HALT, and I had zero idea what had happened.

Obviously, I *should* have asked about "trousers", even for women, at least back then.

There were many similar episodes, and I admit that my British colleagues had great fun setting me up for some. (And I miss ALL of that, badly...)

RM

Er, um, if you don't want to wear pants while you dine, perhaps you should dine in your own cabin...?

:D

GeezerCouple

I think we have the same type sense if humor. I read the OP's question and immediately started picturing men walking around the dining rooms in their tighty-whities!:eek: I will be the first to say my sense of humor is slightly warped!

I'm all good with casual, but unless you lost your luggage, shorts at dinner in the MDR is for amateurs.

Actually, if NCL allows it, it becomes permitable and a choice. In that case, your comment is an opinion not fact. So, although you are against it, to make a derogatory remark with name calling is just wrong. NCL gets to make the rules.

Men- I don't care if you wear pants or shorts in the MDR, but please...for the love of Pete....take off your baseball hat!!!!

Yes, it is extremely offensive to some of us to wear a cap while in the dinning room, it is not a job site. Worse when dad is sat alongside his kid and they are both wearing caps. Its like the hats are surgically attached, never to be removed. Then you get the ones who eventually remove their caps and sit them on the table, disgusting.

Men- I don't care if you wear pants or shorts in the MDR, but please...for the love of Pete....take off your baseball hat!!!!
I think that was my biggest surprise on NCL. I pretty much cruised on Celebrity and Crystal, before I tried NCL and never saw anyone wearing a hat during meals and was quite put aback seeing them being worn at a dining table on NCL. Thankfully, it has been few and far between since, but still happens.

I really don't care what anyone wears but is it such a torture for a grown man to wear long pants to dinner while on a cruise ship, in vacation? Just because something is permitted it isn't always the best choice. :)

Wear what you want but consider maybe being all grown up for the week or so you are on the ship,,,,, maybe? :D