Has anyone had this happed to them?

shay1

We just got home from 4 night cruise on The Navigator of Seas! While we were on board we book a future cruise to take advantage of the lower deposit.

Today we just got our mail and we had 2 letters from BOA congratulating us on approval of our new RCCL credit cards! What we never gave authorizieation for RCCL Credit cards.

I spent over 45 min on the phone with BOA they made a Fraud case to cancel these cards.

Has this happend to anyone else while on RCCL? Do you know what departmen at RCCL I should call or does anyone have an email address I can send a message too?

Thank you.

We just got home from 4 night cruise on The Navigator of Seas! While we were on board we book a future cruise to take advantage of the lower deposit.

Today we just got our mail and we had 2 letters from BOA congratulating us on approval of our new RCCL credit cards! What we never gave authorizieation for RCCL Credit cards.

I spent over 45 min on the phone with BOA they made a Fraud case to cancel these cards.

Has this happend to anyone else while on RCCL? Do you know what departmen at RCCL I should call or does anyone have an email address I can send a message too?

Thank you.

Without you submitting your SS# for a credit check...how would you have been awarded the cards?

Thank you.

You would have had to fill out something with your financial information in order to get a credit card. Did you put that on something?

We did not fill out any financial information, the only thing we did was book a future cruise for 2017 with the Cruise Consultant. We never gave them any authoriziation to issue us a RCCL Credit card. He asked if he had permission to charge the furture cruise to our AMEX since that is what we had our sign and sail account on.

These new cards had nothing to do with your next cruise vacation booking. It takes MUCH longer than a couple of days to get a letter regarding a credit card being opened. Usually 4 - 6 weeks. This was something you filled out weeks ago.

Credit cards don't just show up willy nilly. You have to actually apply for them, fill out a credit app, and qualify.

Edited by sredish

The date on the letters matched the date we booked the future cruise.

This had to have been done while on board by the cruise consultant without asking for our permission.

Does sound like it was initiated by the Next Cruise office on board. I would notify RCI in Miami using the after cruise section on the website.

It might have happened that fast, While on my last cruise, the end of Oct. we applied for the RCCL CCard at next cruise desk while booking a future cruise. We had the letter with our acceptance the next day in our cabin, and a new card in my husbands name two weeks after getting home.

Now we did fill out a credit application, and they offered to have me apply too, said we can't have a joint card which I thought was silly.

Now I have to learn about the card perks to get the most out of it.

Anyone know if I use it to buy air through royal's program will that get double points like paying for the cruise does?

It might have happened that fast, While on my last cruise, the end of Oct. we applied for the RCCL CCard at next cruise desk while booking a future cruise. We had the letter with our acceptance the next day in our cabin, and a new card in my husbands name two weeks after getting home.

Now we did fill out a credit application, and they offered to have me apply too, said we can't have a joint card which I thought was silly.

Now I have to learn about the card perks to get the most out of it.

Anyone know if I use it to buy air through royal's program will that get double points like paying for the cruise does?

Any RCI transaction will result in double points; i.e., deposits, paying your balance off, booking through Air2Sea.

Just remember though, that any RCI credits that are applied to your card will result in the loss of double points as well.

To me it sounds like you were "pre-approved" for a card, not actually issued credit. In that case you would still need to actually fill out the application to get an actual card. As everyone else has stated BoA would not have issued an actual credit card account without your authorization. If someone was smart enough to steal your identity they also probably would have been smart enough to send the card elsewhere.

That or your significant other applied for the card(s) without your knowledge.

Look at the exact wording on the letters. Sometimes they are misunderstood. Did they say something like "you have been preapproved for a credit card"? That doesn't mean they will issue it to you. As others said, you'd have to sign and authorize to get credit cards.

My guess is none will ever be sent, as the could be quasi-personalized form letters.

BofA does weird stuff sometimes. There was a pop up credit card offer when I logged into my account one day.

I swear I clicked on "Learn More", but a few days later, I received 2 new credit cards in the mail.

I just took them into a branch and told them that I didn't want them. :)

the date on the letter may just be a coincidence.

Agreed, just because the date an independent letter is sent out is the same as the date you made a booking doesn't mean they are correlated!

If I get a gas bill dated the same day as I make a holiday booking, they're obviously unrelated. Even though there is a corporate assocation here, it also doesn't mean they are related.

To me it sounds like you were "pre-approved" for a card, not actually issued credit. In that case you would still need to actually fill out the application to get an actual card. As everyone else has stated BoA would not have issued an actual credit card account without your authorization. If someone was smart enough to steal your identity they also probably would have been smart enough to send the card elsewhere.

They sound like pre-approval letters, could very well be connected but you would have to go ahead and apply and have cards issued. Nothing crooked here, just trying to get you to apply for a card.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify.

No my husband did not apply for a card without my knowledge!

No this was not a preapproval letter.

No we did not fill out any financial information while we were onboard RCCL.

Yes there have been credit cards issued and on there way to us!

Yes this was done on the same day we met with the Cruise Consultant and signed up for a Future cruise only - we did not agree to any credit cards.

Thank you from those that gave me the information to contact RCCL.

Have a great day.

These new cards had nothing to do with your next cruise vacation booking. It takes MUCH longer than a couple of days to get a letter regarding a credit card being opened. Usually 4 - 6 weeks. This was something you filled out weeks ago.

YMMV, but if I sign up for a card the issuer will over night it if I want. So getting a new card in a few days is very normal.

Thank you.

We just returned from Oasis this last Saturday. Don't know if this is what happened to you but there was a card in our cabin that mentioned something about great savings on future cruises. I thought it might be some kind of a promo for future cruise credits but upon closer examination, I concluded it was a vague allusion to a RCCI credit card. This card didn't say it was a credit card application but it did mention earning points from future purchases. I suspect if one filled it out, one would have been issued a credit card. I thought this was very misleading.

I'm not at all sure that one would have to fill out a financial statement to get a RCCI credit card. Remember, they already have a lot of information on you from your pre-cruise check in that may provide the information they need to process a card.

As already stated by others, BofA won't issue a credit card without a credit check which requires financial info and the OP says it was not given. We just booked a future cruise in October and there was never any offer or sales pitch for an RCI Visa so I find this a stretch to believe the two are connected.

As already stated by others, BofA won't issue a credit card without a credit check which requires financial info and the OP says it was not given. We just booked a future cruise in October and there was never any offer or sales pitch for an RCI Visa so I find this a stretch to believe the two are connected.

All they need is enough info to query your credit from the major credit reporting bureaus. When I review my credit report I regularly see queries from companies that I'm sure do not have my financial information or SSN and CC card companies will issue credit cards based on credit score alone if high enough. Now whether BOfA has enough info to do that based on whatever information Royal shares with them, I don't know but I bet they do.

Fwiw, my husband and I just booked a cruise while on the Brilliance this weekend. The representative that we worked with gave us two extra long spiels on the boa credit card. At one point she gave us an application to fill out. We kept saying no. She finally relented. It was obvious to me at the time that royal and/or boa was having some kind of contest for the the reps onboard as there has never been any pressure to sign up for the credit card. (The funny thing is that I kind of wish I had signed up now.)

If we had signed up for the card, we would have somehow gotten an instant decision. The card had a $100 sign up credit which would have paid the deposit for the cruise we booked. We then would have gotten $100 onboard credit for the sailing we were on without an out of pocket expenditure on our part. The rep had a stack of boa credit cards on her desk which I presumed to be fake. She moved one toward us during the discussion but took it back when we firmly said no.

I still don't know how the op ended up with a credit card without completing a short paper application such as the one we were given. However somehow the rep we were working with was going to get us instantly approved for the sign up bonus then and there and give us a replica boa credit card.

Edited by seabeew

Just to clarify.

No my husband did not apply for a card without my knowledge!

No this was not a preapproval letter.

No we did not fill out any financial information while we were onboard RCCL.

Yes there have been credit cards issued and on there way to us!

Yes this was done on the same day we met with the Cruise Consultant and signed up for a Future cruise only - we did not agree to any credit cards.

Thank you from those that gave me the information to contact RCCL.

Have a great day.

Well let us know if/when they arrive. Edited to say that you already did the right thing by contacting B of A. I would contact the ships future cruise office and ask to see all paperwork you DID sign, just to be sure.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Edited by jakenashleysmom