Morning coffee and MDR breakfast

Roamer321

We are sailing on Dec 11 and had a couple questions.

We like to start the morning off with a cup of coffee. Where can I go to just get a couple coffees to bring back to the room?

We would also like a sit down table service breakfast I heard that we can do that in the MDR. Is that true and what is the attire?

We are in stateroom Q-2599.

Thanks

You can have coffee delivered via room service, or go to the WJ and get it yourself. If you are planning to get your own coffee, bring some travel mugs...they don't have "to go" cups!

Attire for breakfast and lunch in the dining room is very casual...shorts, flip-flops, tees, are all fine. Just no visible bathing suits! An opaque coverup is fine. And yes...the DR breakfast is the best!

Edited by cb at sea

We are sailing on Dec 11 and had a couple questions.

We like to start the morning off with a cup of coffee. Where can I go to just get a couple coffees to bring back to the room?

We would also like a sit down table service breakfast I heard that we can do that in the MDR. Is that true and what is the attire?

We are in stateroom Q-2599.

Thanks

There may be more options if you post what ship you are on.

And yes...the DR breakfast is the best!

If you don't mind slow service (try finding the assistant waiter if you want a second serving of pastries or toast or a coffee refill), portion controlled scoops of scrambled eggs or having several breakfast items (think hot cereal and pancakes) served to you at the same time. For a wider selection of breakfast items available on your own terms and schedule and eggs cooked to order, check out the Windjammer. I guess 'best' is a relative term.;)

My favorite place for Good, FREE coffee is cafe' Promenade, but that depends on the ship you are on. Not available on Radiance class ($) but I know the Mariner and Freedom class has it. Not sure above that as I have yet to sail on one. They serve Seattles Best which I personally like better than Starbucks. They also have pasteries in the morning and sandwhiches and cookies in the afternoon. The dining room and room service is a little weak. JMHO

I love having room service be my wake up call. If you order the night before they will call when they are on the way. Lovely way to wake up.

On a more practical note on coffee. Make sure to bring coffee mug. They don't have large cups, plus it will stay warmer and you get more coffee in cup.

Sorry, I thought I put this in the Enchantment of the Seas area. That is the ship we are on. Is there a way to move this post?

There is no dedicated area for ships. The links at the top of the are just shortcuts to search for threads about specific ships. Your post was in the right place.

My first text to my sister when we got to the Bahamas was to complain about the lack of coffee before 7 a.m. (Anyone that knows me knows it is dangerous to deprive me of my coffee in the morning.)

It was my only serious "complaint" about Enchantment.

Sorry, I thought I put this in the Enchantment of the Seas area. That is the ship we are on. Is there a way to move this post?

I may be getting my ships mixed up, but I would check for a 24-hour drink station near Park Cafe and also near the entrance to Windjammer on the pool deck.

If you don't mind slow service (try finding the assistant waiter if you want a second serving of pastries or toast or a coffee refill), portion controlled scoops of scrambled eggs or having several breakfast items (think hot cereal and pancakes) served to you at the same time. For a wider selection of breakfast items available on your own terms and schedule and eggs cooked to order, check out the Windjammer. I guess 'best' is a relative term.;)

@negc You made this reply before I mentioned what ship i was on. So you must mean the poor service and poor food quality in the MDR for breakfast

is system wide on RCL.

I will be packing some Starbucks via for our upcoming trip. All you need is hot water and you get a super strong cup is whatever your favorite flavor. You could even add some to the weak coffee and it s so strong it would mask the other coffee.

Exactly what I do. I taste the coffee onboard first, tweak it if necessary, and use the VIA packets as a sort of last resort. :o

Tried it many times, SLOW, cool food, but good food(at times), setting at big table can be a bust or FUN, many Americans do not like to talk to strangers LOL.

Over all I like the WJ best, well on most ships, other choices on Oasis and other new and bigger ships.

@negc You made this reply before I mentioned what ship i was on. So you must mean the poor service and poor food quality in the MDR for breakfast

is system wide on RCL.

I didn't intend to comment on the quality of the food but rather the slow service and my experience when ordering scrambled eggs and getting a firmly packed ice cream scoop portion. Since I only rarely eat breakfast in the MDR I can't claim it is a system-wide problem but I have experienced it often enough and on enough different ships to believe that the service provided in the MDR at breakfast doesn't match the excellent service we receive there at dinner time. If my opinion is overly negative it is simply my attempt to interject some realism to someone who regularly posts that it is the only "civilized" way to have breakfast.:)

Does Enchantment not have Cafe Latte-tudes anymore? That would be an option. Not sure what time they open though.

Enchantment still has Cafe Latte-Tudes, though all the coffee there is extra cost.

Edited by clarea

You can have coffee delivered via room service, or go to the WJ and get it yourself. If you are planning to get your own coffee, bring some travel mugs...they don't have "to go" cups!

Attire for breakfast and lunch in the dining room is very casual...shorts, flip-flops, tees, are all fine. Just no visible bathing suits! An opaque coverup is fine. And yes...the DR breakfast is the best!

Isn't that the windjammer dress rather then MDR? Shorts and flip flops are the issue I think.