POM Oceania Global Entry

Acrusa

So many of we regular travelers seem to have GE now that we've found the regular custom's lines can be shorter and quicker than the GE lines in some of the airports! My guess is the same might well be true with the passengers on an Oceania ship. Willing to bet the majority have GE on their passports. Check both lines before entering! ;)

Maybe someone on the crossing that ends next week can have a look in the terminal for the separate line

I just disembarked in Miami and there were no separate lines. It was not Oceania but it was the easiest ever. Claimed luggage with a porter, handed customs my form, showed the passport - 20 minutes from leaving the ship.

We disembarked in Miami a couple of years ago and there were loads of taxis. I think we waited all of 3 minutes to get into one. But I have been told that it makes a difference as to how many ships are in port that day. You might check the Miami calendar to see what others are docking on the day you are...

One thing is for sure - the arrival "experience" at the Oceania terminal in Miami was absolute heaven compared to arriving on Regent at Ft Lauderdale...

With Oceania , its no advantage The first to get off are the carry your own stuff group. Second comes the suites, and so on.... and finaly, US customs is not going to let any one off until all the baggage is off the ship...likeat8 to 8-8:30 not no how not noway.

Customs in those cases for the small number of passengers takes less than 3-4 min if that... In SF where fiasco reigns' supreme it took me 12 min from gangway to taxi...and that's because my wife walks slower... Global Entry.... your not in ORD or EWR or IAD arriving at the same time as a 747 's from Ethiopia and Bangladesh are pulling in...............

With Oceania , its no advantage The first to get off are the carry your own stuff group. Second comes the suites, and so on.... and finaly, US customs is not going to let any one off until all the baggage is off the ship...likeat8 to 8-8:30 not no how not noway.

Customs in those cases for the small number of passengers takes less than 3-4 min if that... In SF where fiasco reigns' supreme it took me 12 min from gangway to taxi...and that's because my wife walks slower... Global Entry.... your not in ORD or EWR or IAD arriving at the same time as a 747 's from Ethiopia and Bangladesh are pulling in...............

Worked great in Atlanta this past Sept. Hope we will not need it in Miami in Feb.

So it would probably pay to have a limo service pick us up for a flat fee.

We have used SAS a number of times and were very satisfied with them. Hard to beat for $15 each. If you have more that 2-3 people it may be advantageous to hire a private car. John's Car service comes to mind and if I remember correctly the last time we used him (over 5 years ago) the rate was $95 plus tip.

Worked great in Atlanta this past Sept. Hope we will not need it in Miami in Feb.

But does Oceania sail into Atlanta??? Or was that in the pre-Sherman days.

Just kidding.

I fly a lot with UAL ;business and first get special blue-line. priority pre and post flight.. works

But does Oceania sail into Atlanta??? Or was that in the pre-Sherman days.

Just kidding.

I fly a lot with UAL ;business and first get special blue-line. priority pre and post flight.. works

Delta from Amsterdam. They just started a cruise line. Haven't you heard? For the first time in years we had to fly coach. UGH Will try not to let it happen again.