When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

All is good because I am going to have a great time without the nachos.

Good for you to have a positive attitude! Have a great trip.

I gotta say... if NCL offered the Food Republic or Margaritaville menu items at around 1am, I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny for them. I never felt more isolated on a ship than when crying over the late night O'SheWho menu on the BA.

Someone has said on here a few times that if NCL greeted people that were coming on board with a frying pan upside their head, there would still be people on here defending them.

Yay, they're greeting us upon boarding again!! Sure, it may not be the old champagne and a smile, but it sure beats entering an empty stairwell with no staff in sight. I really hope the pan-plan is implemented prior to my January sailing. :eek:

Yay, they're greeting us upon boarding again!! Sure, it may not be the old champagne and a smile, but it sure beats entering an empty stairwell with no staff in sight. I really hope the pan-plan is implemented prior to my January sailing. :eek:

The pan-plan will be an extra charge!! :) lol

Edited by Reader0108598

I agree with you .

Someone has said on here a few times that if NCL greeted people that were coming on board with a frying pan upside their head, there would still be people on here defending them doing it and saying what a wondrous idea that is and how innovative of them to do it!!!:rolleyes:

What are you talking about... That's really a unique idea. Plus the concussion you would suffer as a result of the crack to the noggin would make it easier to pay for all this crap.

Besides, do you know how many times my wife has done that to me. I'm fine.

Besides, do you know how many times my wife has done that to me. I'm fine

What are you talking about... That's really a unique idea. Plus the concussion you would suffer as a result of the crack to the noggin would make it easier to pay for all this crap.

Besides, do you know how many times my wife has done that to me. I'm fine.

See now that's a positive attitude :D

Bottom line is that there are plenty of free dining options on board that offer good food.

Tracy

Escape, 4,248 Passengers - 5 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor - only Taste/Savor open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Getaway, 3,969 Passengers - 7 complimentary venues:

Tropicana Room, Taste, Savor - only Taste open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Flamingo Bar and Grill - Breakfast and dinner

Shanghai's - Open for dinner only

Breakaway, 3,963 Passengers - 8 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor - Only Savor open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Uptown Bar and Grill

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

Sabrett's Hot Dog Stand

Epic, 4,100 Passengers - 7 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room and Taste - Only Taste open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Great Outdoors

Spice H20

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

So basically, on the Escape, which has the most passengers, you can:

Have free breakfast at Taste/Savor, O'Sheehan's and the Buffet

Have free lunch at Taste/Savor but only when at Sea, O'Sheehan's or Buffet

Have free dinner at Manhattan Room/Taste/Savor, O'Sheehan's or Buffet

Just a quick show of the different ships, the amounts of passengers on the ships and the complimentary venues now available.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Escape, 4,248 Passengers - 5 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor - only Taste/Savor open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Getaway, 3,969 Passengers - 7 complimentary venues:

Tropicana Room, Taste, Savor - only Taste open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Flamingo Bar and Grill - Breakfast and dinner

Shanghai's - Open for dinner only

Breakaway, 3,963 Passengers - 8 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor - Only Savor open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Uptown Bar and Grill

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

Sabrett's Hot Dog Stand

Epic, 4,100 Passengers - 7 complimentary venues:

Manhattan Room and Taste - Only Taste open for lunch & only when at sea

O'Sheehan's

Buffet

Great Outdoors

Spice H20

Shanghai's Noodle Bar

So basically, on the Escape, which has the most passengers, you can:

Have free breakfast at Taste/Savor, O'Sheehan's and the Buffet

Have free lunch at Taste/Savor but only when at Sea, O'Sheehan's or Buffet

Have free dinner at Manhattan Room/Taste/Savor, O'Sheehan's or Buffet

Just a quick show of the different ships, the amounts of passengers on the ships and the complimentary venues now available.

Harriet

That's helpful to compare. However, I have only been on Breakaway and have another BA scheduled for next year. I had (and will have) no problem paying the upcharges for Le Bistro, moderno, cagneys, etc because I felt that the value and quality was excellent. I just don't see $20 for a burger and fries when I'm already on the cruise.

Still haven't heard if the drinks are included in the package.

That's amazing information, why don't you share your sources for:

1) KS was long gone before this was decided - did he tell you this?

2) It's a specialty venue - even though NCL continually said it was complimentary

3) A percentage of every burger goes to Jimmy - a percentage of zero is zero - are you implying that Jimmy just signed a new contract? Wow, where did you see that?

I'll start! Here's the answer for #1 http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Norwegian-Escape-getting-Margaritaville-restaurant

Yep, you got me. Kevin was around for the initial decision. I don't see free mentioned anywhere though?

Yep, you got me. Kevin was around for the initial decision. I don't see free mentioned anywhere though?

Did you try the website?

http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining/jimmy-buffetts-margaritaville-at-sea

Quit searchin' for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here in the first-ever Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea. Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who’s to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this complimentary dining venue. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, this isn’t just a restaurant. It’s a state of mind.

http://www.escape.ncl.com/the_Latest/norwegian-cruise-line-sets-sail-for-exclusive-partnership-with-margaritaville-2

MIAMI – December 4, 2014 – Cruisers should get their Fins Up and shakers of salt ready, as the first-ever floating Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant and 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar will soon set sail onboard the all-new Norwegian Escape. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq: NCLH) Chief Executive Officer Kevin Sheehan announced the news at a company-wide event, with the help of a very special guest – the legendary Jimmy Buffett who performed for the crowd. Norwegian’s exclusive partnership with Margaritaville Holdings LLC extends to Norwegian’s island destinations including the new Harvest Caye in Belize and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, as well as other ships in the fleet.“Jimmy Buffett is an icon who embodies the island lifestyle and his Margaritaville lifestyle brand which includes restaurants and bars in its portfolio is a perfect fit for Norwegian Cruise.Line and the incredible new Norwegian Escape, that will sail the Caribbean and offer our guests the first and only Margaritaville experience at sea,” said Sheehan. “We are more than thrilled to form this exclusive partnership with Jimmy and his talented team and we know our guests are going to love the new tropical experiences.”Margaritaville’s iconic name brings to mind the desire in everyone to kick back and escape the everyday, if only for a few hours or days. Norwegian Escape’s Margaritaville restaurant and bar will embody that essence of escapism with a laid back atmosphere inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett. Nostalgic island moments will come to life with a menu that invites guests to take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise and Who’s to Blame Margarita. This venue will be one of Norwegian Escape’s many complimentary dining outlets. In addition to the restaurant, Norwegian Escape will feature the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront. The 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar will feature live nightly performances so guests can enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping a signature margarita or “boat drink” and gazing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea.“This partnership is a perfect match between two brands that celebrate escapism, relaxing and having fun,” said John Cohlan, chief executive officer of Margaritaville. “Opening our first Margaritaville at Sea on Norwegian Escape will be a huge milestone for our company. We can’t wait to bring the Margaritaville experience to Norwegian guests and let the floating ‘fin’ begin!”Along with the venues on Norwegian Escape, the partnership also includes Margaritaville branded food and beverage locations on Norwegian’s new island destination in Harvest Caye, Belize, set to open in fall 2015 and a 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar on Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, planned to also debut in 2015. In the future, the partnership will extend to other ships in the fleet.Norwegian Escape will begin weekly seven-day cruises from her year-round homeport of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean beginning on November 14, 2015. The ship will be the largest to home port year-round in Miami, carrying 4,200 guests to tropical Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Nassau, Bahamas.

Here are more

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/12/05/margaritaville-on-norwegian-cruise-line-ship/19947021/

http://www.buffettnews.com/2015/07/31/24691/

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/norwegian-cruise-lines-norwegian-escape-feature-margaritaville-dining-49161

He just makes stuff up. He sounds all indignant and like he knows better, but he clearly doesn't.

Here's the announcement that Kevin Sheehan made of Margaritaville going on th Escape, that rvsullivan said "Margaritaville and the cost/no cost was not even a glimmer in the eye of Kevin. He was long gone before this was decided"

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Norwegian-Escape-getting-Margaritaville-restaurant

Your report does not mention that Kevin said anything about cost. Of all people to mention to making things up! Kevin in fact was long gone when the decision was made about cost. Or do you imply he is still here and was part of this decision? I'm not indignant at all. I could care less about $6 for a hamburger. I think the continual tirades about cost are amazing! The ships are sailing full despite all of the post several months ago by to doom and gloom crew. The 20 or so posters on here that continue to make all this noise about change don't seem to affect what NCL does at all. I welcome the reports to come saying that Margaritaville is empty. Any bets? The 98% or so of cruisers that have never heard of CC will continue to support the new options on board. Every cruise line out there is changing in an effort to be different. Change is good.:D

Did you try the website?

http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining/jimmy-buffetts-margaritaville-at-sea

Quit searchin' for your lost shaker of salt, it’s right here in the first-ever Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea. Take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who’s to Blame Margarita. Or sit back and groove along to island-inspired live music at this complimentary dining venue. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, this isn’t just a restaurant. It’s a state of mind.

http://www.escape.ncl.com/the_Latest/norwegian-cruise-line-sets-sail-for-exclusive-partnership-with-margaritaville-2

MIAMI – December 4, 2014 – Cruisers should get their Fins Up and shakers of salt ready, as the first-ever floating Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurant and 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar will soon set sail onboard the all-new Norwegian Escape. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq: NCLH) Chief Executive Officer Kevin Sheehan announced the news at a company-wide event, with the help of a very special guest – the legendary Jimmy Buffett who performed for the crowd. Norwegian’s exclusive partnership with Margaritaville Holdings LLC extends to Norwegian’s island destinations including the new Harvest Caye in Belize and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, as well as other ships in the fleet.“Jimmy Buffett is an icon who embodies the island lifestyle and his Margaritaville lifestyle brand which includes restaurants and bars in its portfolio is a perfect fit for Norwegian Cruise.Line and the incredible new Norwegian Escape, that will sail the Caribbean and offer our guests the first and only Margaritaville experience at sea,” said Sheehan. “We are more than thrilled to form this exclusive partnership with Jimmy and his talented team and we know our guests are going to love the new tropical experiences.”Margaritaville’s iconic name brings to mind the desire in everyone to kick back and escape the everyday, if only for a few hours or days. Norwegian Escape’s Margaritaville restaurant and bar will embody that essence of escapism with a laid back atmosphere inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett. Nostalgic island moments will come to life with a menu that invites guests to take a bite out of paradise with signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise and Who’s to Blame Margarita. This venue will be one of Norwegian Escape’s many complimentary dining outlets. In addition to the restaurant, Norwegian Escape will feature the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar, a music venue and outdoor bar on The Waterfront. The 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar will feature live nightly performances so guests can enjoy the sounds of the tropics while sipping a signature margarita or “boat drink” and gazing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea.“This partnership is a perfect match between two brands that celebrate escapism, relaxing and having fun,” said John Cohlan, chief executive officer of Margaritaville. “Opening our first Margaritaville at Sea on Norwegian Escape will be a huge milestone for our company. We can’t wait to bring the Margaritaville experience to Norwegian guests and let the floating ‘fin’ begin!”Along with the venues on Norwegian Escape, the partnership also includes Margaritaville branded food and beverage locations on Norwegian’s new island destination in Harvest Caye, Belize, set to open in fall 2015 and a 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar on Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, planned to also debut in 2015. In the future, the partnership will extend to other ships in the fleet.Norwegian Escape will begin weekly seven-day cruises from her year-round homeport of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean beginning on November 14, 2015. The ship will be the largest to home port year-round in Miami, carrying 4,200 guests to tropical Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Nassau, Bahamas.

Here are more

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/12/05/margaritaville-on-norwegian-cruise-line-ship/19947021/

http://www.buffettnews.com/2015/07/31/24691/

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/norwegian-cruise-lines-norwegian-escape-feature-margaritaville-dining-49161

There is no doubt that it was listed as complimentary when announced and when she first sailed. Also initial reports from the TA stated that it was going to change. It did, now folks have to either deal with it or not. All of this whining is not going to change it.

Your report does not mention that Kevin said anything about cost. Of all people to mention to making things up! Kevin in fact was long gone when the decision was made about cost. Or do you imply he is still here and was part of this decision? I'm not indignant at all. I could care less about $6 for a hamburger. I think the continual tirades about cost are amazing! The ships are sailing full despite all of the post several months ago by to doom and gloom crew. The 20 or so posters on here that continue to make all this noise about change don't seem to affect what NCL does at all. I welcome the reports to come saying that Margaritaville is empty. Any bets? The 98% or so of cruisers that have never heard of CC will continue to support the new options on board. Every cruise line out there is changing in an effort to be different. Change is good.:D

You seem happy to get less than you paid for. You get ripped off but brag publicly how happy and uninformed you are.

#yourewhatswrongthesedays

I agree with you .

Someone has said on here a few times that if NCL greeted people that were coming on board with a frying pan upside their head, there would still be people on here defending them doing it and saying what a wondrous idea that is and how innovative of them to do it!!!:rolleyes:

See, this is where the doom and gloom crew seem to miss the boat! I don't have to defend what NCL does. I don't care what they do. As long as they sell a product I want to buy, it's all good. If it ever becomes something I don't want, I'll quit. I don't understand why if any of these changes seem to be the huge deal that the 20 or so doom and gloom claim, why not find a product you like (if there is one)? I like NCL, I also like CC, I just don't understand why the same folks post hundreds or thousands of negative posts, but continue to sail on NCL? Why would anyone continue with something they hate? Surely the few of you that do this don't believe it will change NCL's corporate mind and they will suddenly announce that due to CC posting we are going to make this a free venue.

There is no doubt that it was listed as complimentary when announced and when she first sailed. Also initial reports from the TA stated that it was going to change. It did, now folks have to either deal with it or not. All of this whining is not going to change it.

What about those who don't want to deal with it.....but are past their cancellation date?

Harriet

See, this is where the doom and gloom crew seem to miss the boat! I don't have to defend what NCL does. I don't care what they do. As long as they sell a product I want to buy, it's all good. If it ever becomes something I don't want, I'll quit. I don't understand why if any of these changes seem to be the huge deal that the 20 or so doom and gloom claim, why not find a product you like (if there is one)? I like NCL, I also like CC, I just don't understand why the same folks post hundreds or thousands of negative posts, but continue to sail on NCL? Why would anyone continue with something they hate? Surely the few of you that do this don't believe it will change NCL's corporate mind and they will suddenly announce that due to CC posting we are going to make this a free venue.

Wait until they start charging for pom poms.

You seem happy to get less than you paid for. You get ripped off but brag publicly how happy and uninformed you are.

And that's what bothers me. I paid $$$ for A, B, and C but now are only geting A & B.

Put it another way......

I pay a catering company to provide 150 meals at my daughter's wedding. We pick out the entire menu and I'm given a price of $$$$.

The day before the wedding I'm told that they no longer will provide dessert for that price and if I want dessert I have to 'pay' for it now.

What? That dessert was already included in the money I paid you.

I have no problem paying for what I want but I want to GET what I'm paying for.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Just for you, regular fonts!!! I do like red though.

I am happy to get whatever is provided on my cruises. If the day comes that something changes to make the value less than I feel it's worth, I'll go to another cruise line. Right now and for the last many years, I've always received more perceived value than what I've paid. I will continue to bring new cruisers to NCL as I feel the value is there. If another cruise line is ever cruising from a port that I like and offers me at least as much value as NCL, I'll give them a try. Right now, I've not been able to find that value. For five years in a row, my cruise price has dropped for the exact same room. I have not had a single thing taken away that has any value to me. Should that ever change, so will I.

I just struggle with the same small group of people publishing the same negative doom and gloom over the slightest thing.

I traveled for a living all of my life. Everything changes, hotels, airlines etc. Folks say they never change anything that has a reservation, but that's not true. When the airlines quit serving food for free, they didn't say, if you already have a ticket we will still feed you. They just quit, no one boycotted the airlines. Same thing with hotels, when Marriott closed the concierge lounge and free food on weekends, they didn't "grandfather" everyone that was already booked for the next two years, they just stopped. Every cruise line out there is trying new things. Some good, some not so good. We either adapt or drop out. Easy.

I am happy to get whatever is provided on my cruises. If the day comes that something changes to make the value less than I feel it's worth, I'll go to another cruise line. Right now and for the last many years, I've always received more perceived value than what I've paid. I will continue to bring new cruisers to NCL as I feel the value is there. If another cruise line is ever cruising from a port that I like and offers me at least as much value as NCL, I'll give them a try. Right now, I've not been able to find that value. For five years in a row, my cruise price has dropped for the exact same room. I have not had a single thing taken away that has any value to me. Should that ever change, so will I.

I just struggle with the same small group of people publishing the same negative doom and gloom over the slightest thing.

I traveled for a living all of my life. Everything changes, hotels, airlines etc. Folks say they never change anything that has a reservation, but that's not true. When the airlines quit serving food for free, they didn't say, if you already have a ticket we will still feed you. They just quit, no one boycotted the airlines. Same thing with hotels, when Marriott closed the concierge lounge and free food on weekends, they didn't "grandfather" everyone that was already booked for the next two years, they just stopped. Every cruise line out there is trying new things. Some good, some not so good. We either adapt or drop out. Easy.

Great

And that's what bothers me. I paid $$$ for A, B, and C but now are only geting A & B.

Put it another way......

I pay a catering company to provide 150 meals at my daughter's wedding. We pick out the entire menu and I'm given a price of $$$$.

The day before the wedding I'm told that they no longer will provide dessert for that price and if I want dessert I have to 'pay' for it now.

What? That dessert was already included in the money I paid you.

I have no problem paying for what I want but I want to GET what I'm paying for.

Harriet

And that is a very good analogy!! If you have a contract that specifies you get desert for the price you paid, you can go to court and probably win. If it is not in writing, tough luck, either pay extra or don't get it.

Same with NCL, if you can show me in the T&C's where you are contracted to receive Margaritaville, you have a good chance of winning. I think the terms specifying that NCL can make any changes they want will trump your free snacks. NCL's advertising information that states that it is free is over ridden by NCL's T&C's.

And that is a very good analogy!! If you have a contract that specifies you get desert for the price you paid, you can go to court and probably win. If it is not in writing, tough luck, either pay extra or don't get it.

Same with NCL, if you can show me in the T&C's where you are contracted to receive Margaritaville, you have a good chance of winning. I think the terms specifying that NCL can make any changes they want will trump your free snacks. NCL's advertising information that states that it is free is over ridden by NCL's T&C's.

bad business.

if this change has no impact, why continue posting. I don't post in threads where the topic has no importance to me or that I don't care.

You obviously care a lot. Your value has eroded but you are too blinded to see.

Sad.

This week's cruise will be interesting. Of the 4,000+ people on board.... probably most did little detail planning and will not know that Margaritaville food was supposed to be included as advertised by NCL for a year. I think there will be a lot of people going, then getting up and heading to the buffet when they realize it's an extra cost for such simple food - nachos, burgers, fries, tacos. I'm concerned that if NCL is going to charge extra for that... will they reduce the quality of included food served in the buffet and main dining rooms? The included food on NCL Getaway last year was not great... especially the buffet. I'm comparing to our experience on Celebrity - the included food was much, much better and the main dining room entrees were several steps up from NCL. That's why we chose specialty dining with NCL and considered that part of our overall cruise cost. But paying for a burger is crazy.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

And that's the problem. NCL has a contract not many companies can have. They can change anything at anytime whenever they want. I know that.

However, morally, I don't think it's right that they're doing this *so* much lately. Just my thoughts......right or wrong, I own them :)

Harriet

amen brother