ms Zuiderdam Sail-Away November 30, 2015

Boytjie

Provide a safe haven for thousands of displaced airliner pax and crew on 09/11/01 :) Awesome job by those locals!

It was, wasn't it? Actually, DD was working in Vancouver then - which she said was just a giant parking lot for planes!

The little Air Museum in Gander is so interesting - a lot of old ATC equipment, and then sooo much from 9/11 - including a piece of the Twin Towers which was sent as a memorial, and books of thank-you letters to the people of Gander and the surrounding towns. It is very, very touching.

It looks like two more ships will be in port: Silver Wind and Emerald Princess.

With a schedules 12:30 PM departure for the Emerald Princess, it looks she is going into dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas; next cruise is Dec 14.

Emerald Princess now heading for Freeport at 1545

It was, wasn't it? Actually, DD was working in Vancouver then - which she said was just a giant parking lot for planes!

The little Air Museum in Gander is so interesting - a lot of old ATC equipment, and then sooo much from 9/11 - including a piece of the Twin Towers which was sent as a memorial, and books of thank-you letters to the people of Gander and the surrounding towns. It is very, very touching.

Would really like to visit and see that one time. My very first trans-Atlantic flight from Amsterdam to L.A. made a then required landing for fuel at Gander. Don't remember much of it since I was ten yrs old at the time

It is a large airport for a small town! Not used that much anymore, I think there are flights out to Halifax, St. John's, maybe Montreal, but it's there in case of emergency! There's a big ATC building, though - if you visit I'll tell DD to give you the tour!

It is a large airport for a small town! Not used that much anymore, I think there are flights out to Halifax, St. John's, maybe Montreal, but it's there in case of emergency! There's a big ATC building, though - if you visit I'll tell DD to give you the tour!

Cool beans! :)

Whoa; POA must have done a rain dance and it worked! :eek:

You need to have a stern word with him...

It is interesting that the audio issues from yesterday are reversed to the original levels. The microphone is now many dB louder than yesterday compared to radio.

You need to have a stern word with him...

It is interesting that the audio issues from yesterday are reversed to the original levels. The microphone is now many dB louder than yesterday compared to radio.

Pretty sure that's also POA's handy work ;)