Bringing Wine onboard

Pet

Hi - Grateful if anyone can advise whether Oceania allow you to bring two bottles of wine on-board for consumption in your cabin as per other lines I have sailed with? If so, can it be purchased at the Miami Terminal J ?

Thank you

:)

Hi - Grateful if anyone can advise whether Oceania allow you to bring two bottles of wine on-board for consumption in your cabin as per other lines I have sailed with? If so, can it be purchased at the Miami Terminal J ?

Thank you

:)

Yes you can bring wine and No there is no where to purchase at Term J, You do not need to limit amount others have brought cases.

You can bring wine on board for consumption in your room. You can also bring a bottle to the dining room and pay corkage if you prefer to drink your own wine. I don't recall but I think corkage was $25 a bottle but someone else will know. We are selective wine drinkers. (aka snobs)

ChatKat, I refuse to categorize "selective wine drinkers" as snobs!!

I'm not as selective as you are, of that I am sure, I have been satisfied with wines on the list (as long as I stick to dry wines). But I also like to bring on my own on occasion.

I once took advantage of the sale upon boarding -- but that has since been eliminated in favor of the "buy 7 bottles for $42.50 each". I haven't done that because I haven't needed to buy 7 bottles ... maybe on a longer cruise (but I'd have to hogtie my husband to manage a longer cruise than 21 days).

We did pick up a half dozen bottles in Lima prior to boarding last April. But usually if I bring on two bottles, that's my limit. (Partly because I'm doing most of the drinking ...)

Mura

I did find a wine store in Miami that will deliver to the dock... I did it for our Epic cruise a few years ago. Will try and find the name.

Found it

W Wine Boutique

1328 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL, 33139

305/673-8282

Wwineboutique.com

Edited by LouBNYC

I loved the concept....since I spent some 30 years in the napa Sonoma valley with friends and relatives in the business wine makers, food and bev mgrs.,include some who even own wineries....

Over the years I learned it is a real smoke and mirrors business... the name on a bottle dictates the passion exhibited by the drinker...the wine is of little concern its what the drinker thinks it is.

With very few exceptions few can really tell what they are really drinking....Their brain tells them in advance what they will experience.....

Very interesting to watch when you mix and match labels. People rave about a cheap box wine in snazzy bottle and shun likewise real high end placed in a crummy one.... The same with distilled spirits too.... real entertaining to watch and listen too.

Many upscale wineries here in Sonoma County are now starting to put premium wines in boxes with internal bladders. They have "discovered" that the box and bladder prevents any air from getting to the wine, therefore extending the enjoyable life of the wine.

Only question is what the sommelier give you to sniff, a piece of cardboard?!!:D

We do wine parties, dinners, etc. on a regular basis. Often, we do the wines blind, so to not be predetermined by any of the marketing or bottling snaz. With very few exceptions, the $2 Chucks, box wines, and other lower quality large scale productions are always picked out as such when snuck into a group of wines tasted blind. For those that drink little wine, or wine of superior quality, Dan's comments may be true, however, most true wine lovers will pick out the better made wines almost all the time. This is much the same as steak lovers can tell the difference between a filet from Hardys and a filet from a top notch steak house. For those that like their steaks cut thin and cooked well done, they may not recognize much difference, for others the differences in flavor and quality can be huge! It's all in what one has experienced and their own tastes!

To Jazz;

Somehow this should be made a sticky for Oceania. Seems this exact question gets asked monthly with the exact same answers. Since I don't see O changing their policy. Just make it a sticky so all newcomers can see it, read it, and save their time! :)

For all those who call Oceania and get the Official Answer of 3 bottles at embarkation, here's an analogy: call the D.O.T. or State Police and ask how fast you can go over the limit before you get a ticket. Everyone knows the actual speed limit is not strictly enforced, but the Official Answer you will get is "no faster than the indicated limit".

In a similar way, Oceania must give an Official Answer, or they would not be able to enforce the rule in the rare instance it might be needed. But, everyone who has cruised on Oceania knows the limit is not enforced.

Bring any quantity of any adult beverage you like, at any port, and no one will care or question it. Drink too much of it and act like an obnoxious drunk, and the official rule will be cited while kicking you off the ship.

Oceania assumes you are a responsible adult and treats you like one. But, they can never officially recognize it.

I'm new to Oceania so think the stickey is a good idea. We have cruised many nights but almost all on all-inclusive cruise lines. It is interesting that we're able to bring multiple bottles of wine on board. Do they also store the partial bottle till the following night regardless of where you're eating dinner the following night or do they charge another corkage fee?

Does anyone have a price list including things like Cosmopolitans and after dinner cordials? I could not find one on the Oceania website.

We just booked our first Oceania 21 day cruise so anxious to start learning about their policies. Thanks !!

That makes sense!!

What is the corkage fee per bottle though..that was a question that was asked but not answered.

$ 25 I believe is the current fee if you take it to the dining venues

No fee if you drink the wine in your cabin

That is what I would have said if Lyn hadn't beaten me to it! $25

I remember when the corkage fee was $10 ... I keep on thinking fondly of those days!

But, definitely, no corkage fee unless you take your bottle TO a public venue (a bar or a restaurant). No charge if you drink your wine in your room

Mura

That is what I would have said if Lyn hadn't beaten me to it! $25

I remember when the corkage fee was $10 ... I keep on thinking fondly of those days!

But, definitely, no corkage fee unless you take your bottle TO a public venue (a bar or a restaurant). No charge if you drink your wine in your room

Mura

To quote the kids, Mura, it is absolutely AH-MAH-ZING that Oceania lets us on with any un-confiscated liquor at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wthLKEiWyM

• 2 weeks later...

Being new to Oceania and the only wine drinker (wife allergic to sulfites!) this is an interesting thread to me. With the variety of restaurants and moving from one to another each day, will the staff transfer unfinished bottles of wine to the next restaurant the following night? Thanks.

Being new to Oceania and the only wine drinker (wife allergic to sulfites!) this is an interesting thread to me. With the variety of restaurants and moving from one to another each day, will the staff transfer unfinished bottles of wine to the next restaurant the following night? Thanks.

Absolutely!

They will look to see if you have a reservation in a specialty restaurant and if so, they will deliver the bottle there earlier in the day so it's ready for you quickly. If you don't have a specialty reservation, it will go to the main dining room wine storage area.