On Freedom right now...

dreday3

We are considering booking our first aft so your comment about more vibration has me a bit concerned. We've been on FOS before and have felt vibration but never noticed it in our cabin which is usually mid ship. Will this vibration be annoying?

To us, it was a trade off that is well worth it. The vibration was not constant, and obviously not present while in port. The only times I really felt it more strongly, were two "at sea" nights - right when I went to bed. It was not annoying to me, as I LOVE the aft cabins. I will still choose an aft cabin every time I have a Freedom class or Voyager class cruise. :)

To us, it was a trade off that is well worth it. The vibration was not constant, and obviously not present while in port. The only times I really felt it more strongly, were two "at sea" nights - right when I went to bed. It was not annoying to me, as I LOVE the aft cabins. I will still choose an aft cabin every time I have a Freedom class or Voyager class cruise. :)

Don't recall any vibrating in aft JS in June. Deck 7, 7712

Both the DH and myself noticed vibration and noise on all Freedom cruises when we wondered back to the aft and visited friends that had aft cabins. Yet, there are many that swear by them. (Hello Gary ;) ).

On one of our previous cruises some years ago, I actually wondered up and down the hallway on deck 10 listening to noises from above on a sea day (pool area, can be noisy too) and the noise, vibration areas down the entire hallway. That is how I picked our current cabin, 1290 and have used the same cabin on the last three cruises. :) Anal?? You betcha!! :p :p

What's above 1290? I like Deck 9 because it is sandwiched between 2 passenger decks.

Is the new Next Cruise Office going where the Britto store used to be?

Yes, it will be larger with 7 staff members. I just hope they do not cut too much into the Promenade Cafe, if at all...

Don't recall any vibrating in aft JS in June. Deck 7, 7712

It seems to be sporadic. We had just about none in 7408 on our first Freedom cruise. We noticed it on Indy in 7708, but not as much as on this cruise in 1700. I am not sure if it is related to the deck. Our experience tells me the deck 7 afts are better, with less vibration. However, on this cruise we had rougher sees than on the previous two, so I cannot say that with any scientific certainty. :D

Thanks. We are definitely leaning that direction!

H2O zone. Not too many 2-6 year olds partying well into the night up there. ;)

We were under the ladies restroom near the Solarium on Enchantment. You would be surprised how popular that place is at 1:00 in the morning. :eek:

We were under the ladies restroom near the Solarium on Enchantment. You would be surprised how popular that place is at 1:00 in the morning. :eek:

I hear ya! :eek: :p

Once we had a GS right under the "Mother ship" whirlpool in the solarium. The noise from the whirlpool was no big deal at all, but the chairs the crew dragged across the tile floor early around 4 am when they washed down the deck every night was horrible! Won't go for that cabin again!

Edited by island lady

They have removed part of the construction barrier and the rest will be taken down later tonight. The Next Cruise office extends 4 - 5 feet past its previous area and conversely the Cafr Promenade has been reduced in size by that area. I took a picture of the new wall separating the two ares and will attempt to attach it to this message. If there is no picture I obviously could not figure out how to attach it.

image.jpg.d724417ba0b887397d6a1542ce60bf6f.jpg

Sorry that did not work very well and I do not know how to re-orient the picture or enlarge it.

Edited by Royal2464

Cafe Promenade was already too small based on the two cruises I took on the Freedom a couple of years ago.

They have removed part of the construction barrier and the rest will be taken down later tonight. The Next Cruise office extends 4 - 5 feet past its previous area and conversely the Cafr Promenade has been reduced in size by that area. I took a picture of the new wall separating the two ares and will attempt to attach it to this message. If there is no picture I obviously could not figure out how to attach it.

[ATTACH]370254[/ATTACH]

Sorry that did not work very well and I do not know how to re-orient the picture or enlarge it.

They had the official grand opening ceremony tonight after the top tier event. They had all the Pinnacles who attended the top tier event walk down to the Next Cruise office and engage in a champagne toast before the ribbon cutting. The computers will be installed tonight and bookings will begin there tomorrow morning. They have seven desks in the office now, so depending upon staffing you should not have a long wait in the future.

After the barricades were removed it appears the Cafe Promenade lost about eight feet on the aft end.

The deck plans have already been updated to reflect the change however I think they missed fixing the description.

NextCruiseSM

The spirited works of iconic pop artist Romero Britto saturate this engaging and interactive space, where shoppers may peruse a wide array of artwork, giftware, collectibles and luggage, including limited edition custom works created by Britto exclusively for Royal Caribbean guests.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=05&shipCode=FR&shipProfile=1632&sailDate=1151206&hasNavigation=false

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hi all!

I have 300 posts with no cruises under my belt because I ask a lot of questions. ;)

The vibration isn't everywhere, even on the same floor. But our cabin, 7364, it was kind of bad. We have video of my stuff vibrating like crazy. I would just know for next time not to book a room in this area, hard to sleep when you feel your head vibrating on the pillow. :D

As for wind, sorry, but it was crazy windy until we left St. Martin. Thursday night was first night we were allowed on the helipad, closed until then. And we were able to really enjoy the top decks yesterday, great sea day. :) I still feel the waves, things moving and swaying, but it's okay. I did speak with others who said "oh usually you don't feel anything", but not sure I believe them, ha! :)

Bartenders were amazing. Steward amazing. Waiters amazing.

I think we may enjoy a Western cruise next time with more ports. I loved our port days.:)

Edited by dreday3

They had the official grand opening ceremony tonight after the top tier event. They had all the Pinnacles who attended the top tier event walk down to the Next Cruise office and engage in a champagne toast before the ribbon cutting. The computers will be installed tonight and bookings will begin there tomorrow morning. They have seven desks in the office now, so depending upon staffing you should not have a long wait in the future.

After the barricades were removed it appears the Cafe Promenade lost about eight feet on the aft end.

Looking forward to seeing it, (and using the services) tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! :)