Drinks Package

Stigliano

New to Royal Caribbean and doing a New Zealand from Sydney Cruise next year. Is it worth taking the drinks package as we are moderate drinkers?

We do premium package, break even at 5 or 6 drinks, if you drink less do not get plan.

As Gorge says, I depends on how much you drink and/or how much weight you give to havin the certainty of your final bill amount.

It ales depends on what you dink, ie a perin who dinks just beer will need to drink more beers than a person who dinks cocktails all day.

But I agree that somewhere around 6 drinks (not a lot really) will be break even point. You also need to facor in Port days where you may drink less than Sea days.

I had the select(beer and wine) back in September prepaid before we set sail, not sure if I gained as we were off the ship a lot, but didn't have to worry about what I drank when on board as it was paid for! so no nasty bill at end of cruise.

So you might gain or you might not, but don't have to worry about it:D

Edited by tonkie

I had the select(beer and wine) back in September prepaid before we set sail, not sure if I gained as we were off the ship a lot, but didn't have to worry about what I drank when on board as it was paid for! so no nasty bill at end of cruise.

So you might gain or you might not, but don't have to worry about it:D

To me that's big issue, I'm on holidays I don't want to have to worry about "Will I have a drink or wait an hour and save a buck" or "Will I have a water rather than a beer" or any other $ saving plans, if I feel like a cocktail I want I be able to ave it, with a package it's that simple.

As long a I'm not going to waste money, big time I'll get a package.

For me, I never worry about the price of drinks and have always had what I wanted when I wanted it and have enough of a cruise history to know my bar bill has never been as high as what a drink package would cost. So for me the packages don't make sense but as others have sad, it may be worth it to you.

For me, I never worry about the price of drinks and have always had what I wanted when I wanted it and have enough of a cruise history to know my bar bill has never been as high as what a drink package would cost. So for me the packages don't make sense but as others have sad, it may be worth it to you.

And that's why most say you have to work it out for yourself.

I've debated it a bit for my upcoming cruise, but the price for a 12-night made me go "Um, NO!" Especially with it being such a port-heavy cruise (only 3 sea days).

I've decided that FOR ME the best option is just to pre-buy some onboard credit (I have $75 OBC from my booking) to more than I anticipate spending so I'm covered just in case. That way I still don't have a nasty bill at the end - hopefully a bit coming back.

I'm also crossing my fingers that they offer the 10 drink card in the last few days as they seem to have done on cruises lately per reports on here. THAT would be great as the last two days are at sea and when I'd be more likely to actually be buying more than one or two drinks throughout the day.

New to Royal Caribbean and doing a New Zealand from Sydney Cruise next year. Is it worth taking the drinks package as we are moderate drinkers?

If you post exactly what drinks you will have in a day, we can tell you if it' worth it.

We are light drinkers and get our money's worth every time. We do the ultimate package. Basically we grab water every time we go past a bar. We do the fancy coffees 2-3 times a day plus drinks whenever we feel like. It's nice being able to just go to bar tell them what you want and have no concern on price. Especially because virtually everything is covered under this package so you can really get almost any drink top shelf. We personally don't find it challenging at all to make it worthwhile.

We had the premium package on recent cruise. It's all drinks up to $12, which is pretty much all drinks unless you want some very expensive Scotch, etc. It also includes the soft drinks package so you get the coke cup that works in the free style machines or you can order soft drinks at a bar / reataurant as part of package.

If you are only having 5-6 beers per day not worth it. If you like frozen cocktails and a few glasses of wine with dinner, etc. ,then you 'break even' very easily. No one can really tell you if its worthwhile as only you know how much you will drink!