?'s regarding a BtoB

whatcruiseisnext

Normally when we book a cruise that involves B to B's, we book each segment as an individual cruise. We are interested in booked another B to B but have only one FCC each. Can anyone tell me if you can get credit for one cruise or for two cruises if you book as one longer cruise. How does the free internet minutes work also? Thanks

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

Normally when we book a cruise that involves B to B's, we book each segment as an individual cruise. We are interested in booked another B to B but have only one FCC each. Can anyone tell me if you can get credit for one cruise or for two cruises if you book as one longer cruise. How does the free internet minutes work also? Thanks

Lets use a two 7 day cruises as an example.

If you book two 7 day cruises as a single "logical" cruise you will only have to use one FCD. Since your booking will be 14 days, then you would receive the corresponding OBC for a 14 day cruise which is $75 for inside or outside cabins and $100 for Balcony and Suites.

You will get credit for two cruises even though it is booked as one. To assure the cruise credit, once on board visit the Captain's Circle Rep. and request that you are credited for two cruises.

Hope this answers your questions.

I can't speak for Colo & what was meant by the comment.

To me the only thing that varies based on how you book is the OBC. This would include FCC, Shareholder, Military and Loyalty. So it pays to figure the cost with each possible booking choice.

All the other Platinum and Elite perks are given based on the shortest possible legs. So if you book two 7 day cruises as one cruise or two, you will get the internet credit for each 7 day leg. If Elite, you would get a mini bar setup for each leg. You would also get an invitation to the Grapevines wine tasting each leg.

Booking two cruises as one gives you all the same benefits EXCEPT for OBC. You get two cruise credits. You get the Internet credit for each leg. You get the minibar setup and Grapevines wine tasting for each leg.

I have never had the internet minutes reduced to the amount for each leg. I have always received the number of minutes allocated for the total number of days booked. Last fall I received 500 minutes for a 22 day cruise, where the two segments would have been a total of 400 minutes.

Maybe it changed in the past few months --

I can't speak for Colo & what was meant by the comment.

To me the only thing that varies based on how you book is the OBC. This would include FCC, Shareholder, Military and Loyalty. So it pays to figure the cost with each possible booking choice.

All the other Platinum and Elite perks are given based on the shortest possible legs. So if you book two 7 day cruises as one cruise or two, you will get the internet credit for each 7 day leg. If Elite, you would get a mini bar setup for each leg. You would also get an invitation to the Grapevines wine tasting each leg.

Yes this is what I was referring to. Booked as one single cruise or segments.

I have never had the internet minutes reduced to the amount for each leg. I have always received the number of minutes allocated for the total number of days booked. Last fall I received 500 minutes for a 22 day cruise, where the two segments would have been a total of 400 minutes.

Maybe it changed in the past few months --

We booked a 48 day cruise last year. It was 28 followed by 20 days. We booked as one cruise. First leg we got 500 minutes each. Second leg we got another 250 each.

It may be that you get whichever is best for you.

Booking two cruises as one gives you all the same benefits EXCEPT for OBC. You get two cruise credits. You get the Internet credit for each leg. You get the minibar setup and Grapevines wine tasting for each leg.

Agreed, that is what happened with us, we had one cruise but it was treated as two once on board.

We ended up booking the cruise today as one. After figuring all the credits in we came out about $200 ahead by booking as one even after subtracting getting one loyalty credit. Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Good one, depending on how long the cruise (over 16?) is you may still get the two cruise credits.:D

We just booked a B2B cruise out of Houston, normally two 7 day cruises. Looking at my cruise history on the Princess web site it shows as a 14 day cruise with 2 cruise credits. We used a single FCC for each of us for a deposit on a balcony cabin and we get $100/pp OBC. Seeing as everything else is showing correctly my assumption is we will also get the internet minutes for a 14 day cruise.

We just booked a B2B cruise out of Houston, normally two 7 day cruises. Looking at my cruise history on the Princess web site it shows as a 14 day cruise with 2 cruise credits. We used a single FCC for each of us for a deposit on a balcony cabin and we get $100/pp OBC. Seeing as everything else is showing correctly my assumption is we will also get the internet minutes for a 14 day cruise.

Don't forget the SHareholder and/or military OBC. For a 14 day cruise each is $250

I was trying to book a 14 day cruise (6 and 8 day combination). It is $200 less to book the 14 day, but no larger (Caribe) balconies are available unless you book in two segments. What the heck?? :mad:

Edited by geejay
double post

I was trying to book a 14 day cruise (6 and 8 day combination). It is $200 less to book the 14 day, but no larger (Caribe) balconies are available unless you book in two segments. What the heck?? :mad:

Might have to switch cabins at the cross-over?

Yes, that is the trade off, Save $200 for a different cabin or do the swap on the category you want. I have moved cabins on B2Bs and it is not that bad, the stewards are very helpful.:D

Don't forget the SHareholder and/or military OBC. For a 14 day cruise each is $250
Yes! We are eligible for the CCL Shareholder benefit, in which the 14 day B2B of $250 beats two 7 day cruises with $100 each.

Made final payment today, so it is time to submit for that benefit! :D

I think we may lose a little on the Princess Loyalty of $25/cruise, with the 14 day cruise booking. I'll have to ask the Captain's Circle hostess once onboard, seeing as the cruise credit is 2.

But, hey, we still come out ahead, and we are looking forward to a great cruise with two Caribbean ports we have not visited before. :D

Yes! We are eligible for the CCL Shareholder benefit, in which the 14 day B2B of $250 beats two 7 day cruises with $100 each.

Made final payment today, so it is time to submit for that benefit! :D

I think we may lose a little on the Princess Loyalty of $25/cruise, with the 14 day cruise booking. I'll have to ask the Captain's Circle hostess once onboard, seeing as the cruise credit is 2.

But, hey, we still come out ahead, and we are looking forward to a great cruise with two Caribbean ports we have not visited before. :D

We are eligible for the Loyalty benefit and it is per cruise based on how you book. So with one booking, you just get one award.

Sometimes cabins are pre-allocated to particular segments and won't show up as being available on the longer version of the voyage. If you see a particular cabin you want available on both shorter segments, but not the longer one, just ask for it by phone.