Luggage Tags

Cruisennerable

When ordering luggage tags online from Celebrity Cruises to be delivered in the mail; what material are they made of?

I was sent a paper print out of one to fold from my TA but I can’t see these being very effective through airline travel etc as they could easily be destroyed

I was hoping they would be a little more laminated so as not to go missing during my travels

Thanks

The tags you receive in the mail are made from paper as well, While they are of a heavier grade than say your printer paper, they do sometimes tear. They are not laminated.

I can’t see these being very effective through airline travel etc as they could easily be destroyed

I was hoping they would be a little more laminated so as not to go missing during my travels

Thanks

I have never put on my luggage tags for airline travel. Always put them on after we claim our luggage at baggage check in the airport.

I bought these reusable luggage tag holders a few years ago and still have them and love them.

And we don't put them on until we are on the way to the pier.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449780096&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=plastic+luggage+tags+sleeves+for+cruising

The porters will attach tags on the dock so you don't even have to worry about what to print out or order by mail. I have heavy paper stock on hand for just such printouts if I need it. I use it for luggage tags, posters, etc. A few bucks at Staples and I have enough to last years. You don't have to laminate, cover them in packing tape and punch holes. This is a subject that regularly pops up on this and other boards and involves a whole lot of discussion over a really minor issue. :rolleyes:

I have never put on my luggage tags for airline travel. Always put them on after we claim our luggage at baggage check in the airport.

Exactly. All that does is inform every stranger who comes in contact with your bag at the airport that you are going to be gone for an extended amount of time from your home. Please help yourself. :D

For those that order their luggage tags by mail be aware that the Online check in section has changed and they are in a different place than they used to be. I just ordered ours for an upcoming cruise. Had to look in a different place for them.

Actually the changes seemed to be an improvement over the they have been in the past.

Good to hear we have an web pack improvement!

As other have said - do NOT put them on your luggage during a flight. It does indeed signal exactly how long you will be away and the tags are not designed to hold up beyond the trip from the curb to your cabin. Laminating them is fine, but the easiest is to just show up at the pier and hand them to a porter. Let them stick a tag on your bags. Done with nothing on your part.

A reminder that if the Celebrity tag comes off the ship personnel can and do simply look you up on their computer and attach another tag.

We fly to every cruise embarkation port and never put our ship luggage tags on our bags until just before they are handed over to the porter at the cruise terminal.

And after having one of the Celebrity supplied adhesive tags tear off a bag I actually now attach two to each bag. While my husband and I cross pack (i.e. I have some of my clothes in his suitcase and he has some of his in mine) that bag wasn't delivered to our stateroom until several hours after departing. It was the suitcase which had the majority of my clothes, and I certainly was happy to see it! One of my Christmas stocking items the next Christmas was a set of those plastic luggage tags designed to hold the cruise tags -- it was a "gag" gift but I use them.

For those that order their luggage tags by mail be aware that the Online check in section has changed and they are in a different place than they used to be. I just ordered ours for an upcoming cruise. Had to look in a different place for them.

Actually the changes seemed to be an improvement over the they have been in the past.

Where is the request form located now? I just looked today and it's in the exact same spot it always was. :confused:

Edited by SkierRobUMN

I bought these reusable luggage tag holders a few years ago and still have them and love them.

And we don't put them on until we are on the way to the pier.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449780096&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=plastic+luggage+tags+sleeves+for+cruising

Do they also work for the horrid disembarkation tags which rip off just looking at them.

I know the embarkation tags are much slimmer than the disembarkation one.

Hi. How long did it take you to get your luggage tags by mail? I ordered mine over two weeks ago but still have not received them. I seem to remember them getting here a lot faster. Thanks

I've requested twice now and not received them. My TA said she thinks they changed something and you have to request them no greater than 30 days before the cruise. So I am going to try again next week once I am under the 30 day mark.

Hi. How long did it take you to get your luggage tags by mail? I ordered mine over two weeks ago but still have not received them. I seem to remember them getting here a lot faster. Thanks

Ordered mine a number of weeks ago and cruise is a week from Monday. No big deal, but if they say they will send them, then send them.

I've requested twice now and not received them. My TA said she thinks they changed something and you have to request them no greater than 30 days before the cruise. So I am going to try again next week once I am under the 30 day mark.

At least I now know it is not just me! Ordered mine and nothing yet. Seems ridiculous for them to allow you to request luggage tags and then not mention you can only request 30 days prior to sailing. Worse case....we will print out the tags.

I use clear packing/shipping tape with my printed out tags. Fold them as per instruction and then a layer of tape. After my flight, I attach them to my luggage and voila. I also leave a copy inside, on top. So if it falls off and they need to figure out where the bags go, the info is there.

Just for the record, I requested ours last week and received them today. We have 34 days from today till our cruise departs. So maybe your TA was thinking of another line. Or as usual Celebrity is being consistently inconsistent.