Princess Cruisers are so friendly

Shogun

Hi All

We all know that one of the biggest differences between a land based holiday and a cruise, is how friendly passengers are to each other chatting away, telling stories, offering to share tours etc,

One thing we look forward too on any cruise is meeting up with old friends and making new ones.

But are Princess cruisers more friendly than others, this week we have had a invite to visit folks the other side of the pond, join folks for lunch in a port two years away, join folks for a cruise, as well as the normal Christmas wishes.

yours Shogun

Hi All

We all know that one of the biggest differences between a land based holiday and a cruise, is how friendly passengers are to each other chatting away, telling stories, offering to share tours etc,

One thing we look forward too on any cruise is meeting up with old friends and making new ones.

But are Princess cruisers more friendly than others, this week we have had a invite to visit folks the other side of the pond, join folks for lunch in a port two years away, join folks for a cruise, as well as the normal Christmas wishes.

yours Shogun

I like your positive attitude, would love to share a table with you sometime.

We find that many people are passionate about their favorite cruise line. However, we've met great people on various lines...people with whom we have exchanged home addresses, e-mail info, etc. We've arranged to be seated together on future cruises, enjoyed excursions together, shared photos after returning home, had long talks while on the ships, become FB friends, etc. In one case, I was invited to share a cabin with 2 ladies (during the time that my daughter was in college and I was cruising solo).

Great people are found in many places and on more than one cruise line.

Princess Cruise Line is my choice of carrier. That said, I've met some nice (and not so friendly) people on all lines. I believe that positive and friendly people just attract the same. Doesn't matter what your status is, a smile, politeness, and manners don't cost anything.

Like wise, there are several people on my Cruise Critic list I'd like to sail with. The more cruises I take, the more I run across.

Someday hope to meet Shogun and the Mrs. too.

We have sailed Carnival and Princess only. Switched to Princess about 8 years ago. We found most people on both cruise lines were great. First time cruisers are really interesting to chat with. Sitting at a bar and chatting with people from different parts of the country and world is great and a learning experience for the most part.

It is always fun to be on a ship and meet people from different parts of the world with a lot of different experiences. Indeed it is great to talk to someone who is on their first cruise as you can see the cruise though their eyes. Sometimes we who have cruised a lot forget what it was like the first time.

I do find the Princess CC group to be more friendly than CCL or RCCL. I believe that this group tends to be more tolerant of negative posts as long as they are real and not just a rant. Try posting a true negative post on RCCL or particularly CCL CC thread and prepare to be flamed.

Hi All

yours Shogun

We love Princess, it's our "go to" line.

But I think most people on most lines are friendly.

Of course there's bound to be a few of the other type.

We certainly enjoy Princess but then again I think it is the cosistancy of the product that makes it good for us. As for Princess passengers I don't think there is any edge there, they have a share of the good ones and those that we would probably care to never see again.

Shogun, I believe so. I have other examples to share but the one that really makes me glad to be a part of this cruising community is our last round trip on the Star from San Francisco to Hawaii.

My parents had met a very nice couple from Hawaii on a Crown Princess cruise of the east coast. Fast forward to last year and the Hawaiian couple (Herb and Jackie-"HOLOMOKU"?) heard we were coming to Hawaii and offered to show us the best parts of the Hawaiian volcanos in Hilo. Six months later, our day in Hilo was just spectacular, the volcano drive tour they gave us was better than any ships tour. As it turns out, they are also into GeoCashing and we learned about that fun activity as well.

So I think there is much more available to us passengers if we just take a minute and talk to other people or share our table in the Horizon Court. People and crew want to open up share their stories.

Good thing no one sends Christmas cards anymore, otherwise we'd be up to 4 boxes by now:D

Edited by MTJSR

Hi All

yours Shogun

I have made friends with people from all over the world on Princess cruisers.

I just got off my first princess cruise and I found that people were extremely friendly. There was about eight of us at the end of the cruise that became a family - we sat around the piano bar each night and we got to know each other.

On a side note, it helps when there's a good piano entertainer on board, and a group of people all enjoy the talent the pianist possesses. Friendships can be made over music.

A cruise experience is always better when people are friendly!

I think most people on all cruises are friendly.

I tend to agree, but we did have one cruise that was an exception. It was on the NCL Epic in the Mediterranean. On our first night, we were asked at the dining room whether we wanted a table for 2 or to have a larger table. Having found meeting tablemates at previous cruises a fine experience, we asked to sit with others. We were placed at a table for 4, and waited, and waited, and waited, until we finally said make it a table for 2. Maybe I should not have been surprised since prior to the cruise, I had been on the NCL boards and noted many comments about "why should I have to sit with other people" and that I don't have to is one of the reasons I like Norwegian.

The only night we had tablemates was at the Cirq de' soliel dinner theater. And there was an announcement apologizing for the fact that you had to share your table with others!

Probably the cruise we found the friendliest was a British Isles cruise on the small Ocean Princess.

Edited by ontheweb
added the middle paragraph

Hi All

Thanks for all the kind words, see Princess cruisers are nice folks,

Oh2B@C you can join my table table anytime:D

should folks want to visit my little part of the world, this is what you will see,

yours Shogun

I tend to agree, but we did have one cruise that was an exception. It was on the NCL Epic in the Mediterranean. On our first night, we were asked at the dining room whether we wanted a table for 2 or to have a larger table. Having found meeting tablemates at previous cruises a fine experience, we asked to sit with others. We were placed at a table for 4, and waited, and waited, and waited, until we finally said make it a table for 2. Maybe I should not have been surprised since prior to the cruise, I had been on the NCL boards and noted many comments about "why should I have to sit with other people" and that I don't have to is one of the reasons I like Norwegian.

The only night we had tablemates was at the Cirq de' soliel dinner theater. And there was an announcement apologizing for the fact that you had to share your table with others!

Probably the cruise we found the friendliest was a British Isles cruise on the small Ocean Princess.

We haven't done Icean, but love Pacific, the small number if passengers is fantastic.

And yep Brits can be bear on as nice as nice as Aussies:D