Royal Family Suite 5+ people ONLY? :(

I want to book a RFS on Liberty and Adventure of Seas. There are 3 adults traveling together. WE want 2 BR for privacy.

I was told we had to have 5 in the RFS to book. Is this true?

We've been booking RFS for 2 years at least 4x a year. Why all of sudden they want 5 people in there?

Is there a way to book RFS for 3 adults?

I want to book a RFS on Liberty and Adventure of Seas. There are 3 adults traveling together. WE want 2 BR for privacy.

We've been booking RFS for 2 years at least 4x a year. Why all of sudden they want 5 people in there?

Royal does have minimum occupancy requirements for certain staterooms. All you can do is keep checking. Sometimes they reduce or drop the minimum occupancy requirement as the cruise gets closer.

only after final payment for the cruise has passed. by which time it will almost certainly have been long booked. they have ALWAYS required the RFS to have at least 5.

Yes I knew when booking family cabins up to suites take 5+, till they open them up online. I went to upgrade from a inside to a RFS after they had been released to be booked online. This was after finial payment date. Now I could of booked 4 people in it online, but they would not do an upsale for less than 5 people. I told them this and they wouldn't budge. I guess someone got to book it online without having to book 5, seeing you can only book 4 people at a time.

only after final payment for the cruise has passed. by which time it will almost certainly have been long booked. they have ALWAYS required the RFS to have at least 5.

We were able to book an RFS on the Navigator for 3 people. I kept checking and after final payments were made they removed the occupancy restriction on the RFS category and drastically reduced the price, so we upgraded from a GS. It only ended up costing $200 more. We had our choice of any of the RFS suites since none had been booked.

The RFS directly below ours only had 2 people booked into it.

You are more likely to see this happen when the kids are back in school. Ours was a cruise over Labor Day 2014. The schools started here about 10 days before.

We sailed in sept in a royal family suite on freedom. I booked it nov of 2014. Had no issue getting it for 3 people. I had a grand suite booked but it was cheaper than my grand suite so I grabbed it

Strange they dont let you book. I booked November 2016 Transatlantic RFS with only 3 people in November 2015. A whole year in advance? :confused:

Different demographic on a TA. The booking people probably know the probablity is low that they will get 5 or more guests in that stateroom on a TA.

We were able to upgrade to one of the two bedroom Aqua Theater Suites on Oasis after final payment. I think it was about 4 or 5 weeks before the cruise when the multi bedroom suites showed up on line. I had been checking daily, and I called as soon as I saw it.

It's all about the Benjamin's if you really want the cabin book it with 2 dummy cruisers who will not show up for the cruise!

Instead of two people not showing up, could you drop the two passengers before final payment without any changes? Or would RC reprice the cabin at the current rate, which could be more or less?

Instead of two people not showing up, could you drop the two passengers before final payment without any changes? Or would RC reprice the cabin at the current rate, which could be more or less?

If it is before final payment, and the price has gone down, the people could be removed and the price lowered.

After final payment, I've seen it both ways. I had a friend try to remove a 2nd passenger and they wanted to re-price the cruise. His TA took it to Resolutions and got them to leave the price alone. I've also had them remove people without changing the price for the other passengers.

If you would consider two grand suites that might actually cost less. You get all of the same amenities as the RFS and the cost is less. They can be attached. This will give you a lot of room and be very comfortable.

If it is before final payment, and the price has gone down, the people could be removed and the price lowered.

After final payment, I've seen it both ways. I had a friend try to remove a 2nd passenger and they wanted to re-price the cruise. His TA took it to Resolutions and got them to leave the price alone. I've also had them remove people without changing the price for the other passengers.

I wonder if removing the 2nd passenger is different because there would only be one person on the booking. If you add two extra names and have 5 people then remove 2 there are still 3 people.

Either way it seems it's the usual inconsistencies.

I wonder if removing the 2nd passenger is different because there would only be one person on the booking. If you add two extra names and have 5 people then remove 2 there are still 3 people.

Either way it seems it's the usual inconsistencies.

I'm pretty sure there are different rules for removing the 3rd or 4th guests than removing the 2nd guest and leaving only one. However, I don't know the details. Maybe one of our resident travel agents on this board will know.