1st time cruiser - addicted now - ask me anthing

teebird150

recently returned from my first ever cruise and now I'm addicted to it. i know i was overwhelmed when planning and the unknown so feel free to ask me anything. :)

Cruise: Carnival Victory, West Caribbean.

I felt the same way after my first cruise (which my wife dragged me on).:)

After my first cruise, I was addicted as well!

3 cruises since March 2014.. In that short time I've been to..

Grand Cayman

Montego Bay

Cozumel

San Juan x2

Barbados

St Kitts

St Lucia

St Thomas x2

St Maarten

Nassau

Grand Turk

Planning the 4th!

but it was actually the Sea Days i loved. did not expect that going in :)

Same here! I just went on my first cruise the last week of October. I wasn't well traveled going into it, so I thought being able to visit three different foreign countries in one week was the best part about cruising.

But, while I did love the ports, I was amazed at how much I loved our three sea days! There's just something so terrific about having no set schedule and being able to relax as much as you want, or do as much as you want. And there is so much to do! We didn't even get a chance to experience everything on the ship. Oh well, good thing we are going on two more cruises next year!

Edited by bakersdozen12

I got addicted too on my first cruise in my life last month. I plan to do as many cruise ships. Last time I check there is at least 230+ of them.

I am glad I live in Atlanta and driving to Florida is not far. Caribbean is #1 destination for cruise.

Edited by chong67

I'm about to be a first time cruiser, so my question is this:

Is there anything you'd wished you'd packed?

Is there anything you didn't end up needing?

What I didn't need was the ginger tablets and the wrist bands

What I didn't take mmmm I did and was going to take my CD player but I changed my mind and didn't in a way I'm glad I didn't add I reckon I wouldn't have had time to listen to it but sometimes I think it would have been nice to have it in case, same with the C colouring books that are happening at the moment but I didn't want to lug my 72 pk of pencils around

• 3 weeks later...

I took too many clothes....I used half of what I took and I had 12 night med cruise. Best advice is mix and match clothes only 3 pairs of shoes heels, walking/hiking shoes and sandals...there are a ton of great light packing vlogs on utube that are very helpful just search travel packing or cruise packing.

So, have you booked your next cruise?

I got hooked on my first cruise-

and when I got off my last cruise two weeks ago, I came home and booked a back to back. My DH loves sea days. We read, we catch up on movies on TV, we crowd watch, we lose terribly at trivial pursuit. We nap on the serenity deck.......we eat too much, and we are spoiled pampered pets...or is that pests?:p

• 2 weeks later...

We recently came home from our first cruise and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the sea days. There's something totally hedonistic about it, heading to a breakfast someone else has prepared, being slothful around a pool while someone brings you cocktails, you know the drill! And that's coming from someone who normally suffers from itchy feet.

1) Bring your kindle or kobo loaded with books. This is such a space saver over bringing along several large printed books. We do lots of reading on sea day afternoons.

2) At least Princess (not sure about the others) has self service laundry on board. So Pack light. We pack for a week (for a 2 week cruise) and do laundry half way through.

3) I take the ginger tablets each day. On our Hawaii cruise, it got rough in the pacific for 2 days on the return. many felt queasy on board - even my wife. I am generally susceptible to motion sickness but felt great with the daily dose of Ginger. Note - this is something you must be taking BEFORE you encounter rough seas. You may not need it, but it will do you no harm, so why not? It just might save you from an unpleasant day if the motion of the ship does get a little heavy.

4) Bring two bathing suits. One will always be wet and drying in your shower (on the drying line). Rather than put it on wet, it is nice to have a second one.

5) If you are going to the Caribbean, and if you can fit it in, bring your own snorkel gear. Plenty of places to snorkel on the various Caribbean islands. Saves big money over some of the excursions. Oh - and wear a shirt when snorkeling. You will be mesmerized by the life under the sea, but up on top, your back will be getting scorched as you lose track of time.

6) we each bring a lanyard for our cruise cards. Often times, when up poolside in a swim suit, you may not have pockets. It is convenient to have your cruise card around your neck (it is your room key as well as your onboard currency). Guest services can punch a hole in it for you. It is all you need with you while onboard. The rest of your id and wallet can sit in the safe until shore excursions.

6) I guess now with Zika virus, we should be bringing some bug dope. Haven't used it or brought it before, but will likely bring some next time.

Don

Same story as most I guess!!

Hooked on our first cruise, and in September we go on our 4th in three years.

Something magical about being completely detached from the real world for the duration of the cruise,so tranquil, so therapeutic, so addictive!!!

Steve n Wendy