Which FLL Hyatt

jhaas13

I'm able to use points at either one of these 2 Hyatt hotels in the FLL area for our upcoming cruise and was wondering which would be best and any experiences with either that you have all had that you could forward?

1. Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port in Dania

2. Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jerry.

I'm able to use points at either one of these 2 Hyatt hotels in the FLL area for our upcoming cruise and was wondering which would be best and any experiences with either that you have all had that you could forward?

Jerry.

No contest. Number 2 is actually in Fort Lauderdale and very close to the port, walking distance to shops, restaurants, the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley for cheap transportation if you have time), and a water taxi stop (http://www.watertaxi.com) at the Hilton Marina. It gets rave reviews on this forum (just do a search) and many cruisers recommend booking through valuetrips.com to get the best rate.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if the sun trolley has a stop by the Hyatt 17th Convention to take you to the beach?

The Sun Trolley terminus is in the Harbor Shops shopping center very near the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center hotel. Check out http://www.suntrolley.com and use google maps to locate the shopping center relative to the hotel. Once the trolley gets on 17th Street passengers just wave it down.

The Sun Trolley terminus is in the Harbor Shops shopping center very near the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center hotel. Check out http://www.suntrolley.com and use google maps to locate the shopping center relative to the hotel. Once the trolley gets on 17th Street passengers just wave it down.

Thanks for the info.

As has been stated, there is no comparison between the two! The Hyatt Place right off 17th Street offers the best location possible. 1/2 Bloch from shopping center that hat Publixs, Total Wine, and at least 8-10 food venues. Cvs is on another close block with banking across the street and more food venues. The other Hyatt Place is not close to anything.

There is a shuttle available to the airport or the port. Nice breakfast (self serve) included.

We were there twice last year and returning in February pre cruisece for two days.

Hal

• 10 months later...
Can anyone tell me where you call for the shuttle and where do you meet it at in the FLL airport?

We just call the hotel directly (954-763-7670) and tell them we need the shuttle. The pickup area is outside of baggage claim - just follow the signs and look for a number of shuttles stopping. Just be sure you get the correct Hyatt before you board it.

Edited by DaveOKC

We spent one night post cruise at Hyatt Place at 17th St; pre-cruise was Hyatt Pier 66 for 4 nights. We've been staying at 17th St. either pre and post cruise for the past 5 years.

The staff at Hyatt Place is great! Ncei self-serve breakfast. Even though we were off the ship[Coral Princess]and in the lobby by 9:30AM, they secured our luggage and took my cell number to alert me when a room was ready. Rather than wait, we walked to Harbor Shops and picked up the trolley. We had a room by noon.

As stated, call the hotel directly once you arrive at FLL and have your luggage. The old pick-up location is now a construction site; confim exactly where to meet the ride. They will call the shuttle/van and let you know how long you'll have to wait. You can either use their shuttle/van to PE or call a taxi.

Delta's flight crew seem to stay here, too.

Darcy

I don't know anything of the first one, but like the others, I do recommend the second one on/just off 17th st. So much to walk to, nearby, shops, restaurants, and sun trolley stops very close by if you want to go to further, like to the beach. I was very impressed by the staff here. I would love to stay here again next time I am there. Also very close to the cruise port.

Edited by SMSACE6

• 2 weeks later...

We actually booked the first one in haste when we were searching for hotels months ago for our upcoming cruise. I didn't even realize at the time that it was not the one of 17th street until AFTER I had made the reservation. I didn't really worry much about it, because I am familiar with the Hyatt brand and it is still only about 6 miles from the Port.

However, I have recently been checking hotel costs to try and get closer to the port with little to no more money than we currently are booked at and decided to try valuetrips. Once I receive confirmation on my reservation (they say can take up to 3 days), I'll cancel my other reservation. I like the idea of being able to walk around and have many shops and dining options close by.

Jerry.

How many are in your party? If it is a family then I vote Hyatt House across from #1.