Canceling an old Next Cruise Certificate

I have a reservation for a cruise on Anthem in the fall, made using an old next cruise certificate. I already know I will not be able to go. I have a cruise on Adventure in two weeks, all paid for. I was wondering if I would be able to cancel the Anthem cruise while on board Adventure and have the deposit placed for Anthem applied to my current cruise as on board credit. Has anyone done this and been successful?

I have a reservation for a cruise on Anthem in the fall, made using an old next cruise certificate. I already know I will not be able to go. I have a cruise on Adventure in two weeks, all paid for. I was wondering if I would be able to cancel the Anthem cruise while on board Adventure and have the deposit placed for Anthem applied to my current cruise as on board credit. Has anyone done this and been successful?

The deposit for a Next Cruise is not refundable. Sometimes they enforce this and sometimes they don't. You can give it a try, if they say no, then just move the Anthem cruise to some other, so you don't lose the deposit.

The one word I always heard NEVER to use with those old NCC's was "cancel".

I can almost guarantee they will not do what you want them to do as far as the OBC. I would just move it to another cruise as Bob suggested.

As others have said, you never want to cancel a NCC. Especially if it is one of the old ones that gave the great OBC and reduced deposit.

Just call RCCL or your TA if you have one and move it. If you're not sure what sailing you want to move it to just pick a sailing way out into the future like April 2017. Then when you decide what cruise you want it on just move it again to that cruise. I have done this plenty of times.

The one word I always heard NEVER to use with those old NCC's was "cancel".

I can almost guarantee they will not do what you want them to do as far as the OBC. I would just move it to another cruise as Bob suggested.

Exactly! The word transfer worked well for me ...

• 4 months later...

We have an old NCC which we have used against our future Harmony sailing, however we want to move it to a sailing in March 2018. Our US TA has informed us that it can't be combined with the current BOGO promo, so our options are to move it to another cruise or cancel and take the refund.

Regarding transferring it to another cruise, I can't see how we can do this as it's not going to be combinable with any cruises, no matter how far in the future they may be, because of the current promotion :confused:? Secondly, I thought the old certificates were non refundable - or do they become refundable once allocated to a certain cruise? Need to sort something before final payment date, any suggestions?

We have an old NCC which we have used against our future Harmony sailing, however we want to move it to a sailing in March 2018. Our US TA has informed us that it can't be combined with the current BOGO promo, so our options are to move it to another cruise or cancel and take the refund.

Regarding transferring it to another cruise, I can't see how we can do this as it's not going to be combinable with any cruises, no matter how far in the future they may be, because of the current promotion :confused:? Secondly, I thought the old certificates were non refundable - or do they become refundable once allocated to a certain cruise? Need to sort something before final payment date, any suggestions?

I'm surprised...I use my NCC's often and have some really old ones and I've always been able to combine them with many offers...perhaps I've been lucky.

As far as them being refundable...why...I consider mine too valuable ;)

The old ones were once they were turned into a booking...again why would you ever want to ...just keep moving them.

I'm surprised...I use my NCC's often and have some really old ones and I've always been able to combine them with many offers...perhaps I've been lucky.

As far as them being refundable...why...I consider mine too valuable ;)

The old ones were once they were turned into a booking...again why would you ever want to ...just keep moving them.

I was thinking that UK rules might be different than US rules.

I was thinking that since the poster is using a US TA the policy would then be like ours....but you may be right.

Sorry, I missed the US TA part. :o

Could be even more complicated in that the poster might have a US TA, but a UK NC certificate.

Sorry, I missed the US TA part. :o

Could be even more complicated in that the poster might have a US TA, but a UK NC certificate.

They offer UK NCC's had no idea :confused:....Regardless of what RCI ship we're on and where, my NCC's have always been US one's.

No, it's a US$ NCC and I was going to move it to a date in 2018, but was told it's not combinable with the BOGO and grats promo, nor is my Diamond balcony discount :(. Is this a way to make the NCC virtually redundant? If I can't use it with other promos that appear to be a regular occurrence, then is it worth keeping? I was under the impression that they were non refundable too :confused:?

I hope this is not considered hijacking your thread. I have a old NCC, too. I am looking at a cruise that has just been released. Also, I will sail next Wednesday.

I can not decide if it is better for me to use my last old NCC to book this new cruise or wait the few days to book a balcony cabin onboard. Which has a better benefit?

I know a specific cabin might sell. But, the price of these cabins is high and they do not seem to be filling in rapid speed [as per website].

No, it's a US$ NCC and I was going to move it to a date in 2018, but was told it's not combinable with the BOGO and grats promo, nor is my Diamond balcony discount :(. Is this a way to make the NCC virtually redundant? If I can't use it with other promos that appear to be a regular occurrence, then is it worth keeping? I was under the impression that they were non refundable too :confused:?

Well then, I cannot explain what you are being told. I have an NCC than was moved to a BOGOHO priced sailing, and am still getting my balcony discount and OBC from the NCC. However, I cannot get the "free" grats as that cannot be combined with the balcony discount.

Well then, I cannot explain what you are being told. I have an NCC than was moved to a BOGOHO priced sailing, and am still getting my balcony discount and OBC from the NCC. However, I cannot get the "free" grats as that cannot be combined with the balcony discount.

Thanks for replying, Bob. I'm just getting so frustrated with what you can and can't combine. So, I need to ask my TA to call again and enquire if I can refuse the grats promo and instead take the BOGOHO and my balcony discount, and then see if they agree to those being combinable with the NCC?

Thanks for replying, Bob. I'm just getting so frustrated with what you can and can't combine. So, I need to ask my TA to call again and enquire if I can refuse the grats promo and instead take the BOGOHO and my balcony discount, and then see if they agree to those being combinable with the NCC?

Yes, the big problem with the current promo is the free grats. Those are applied as an OBC, which cannot be combined with the balcony discount. The only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount is that from booking on board, which includes the NCC.