Escape, How To Tell Bed by Bath or Balcony

helen haywood

Help. Want to pick a B6 with the bed by the balcony. On Getaway the deck plans show indentations....on Escape they don't. How can I tell which cabin has which placement. On other lines there is something like find connecting cabins and the aft one always has the bed in X placement....

Hi, so I'm new here & to NCL, I'll be on the Escape in May. I don't know if it maintains true, but in doing some research it seems as if the rooms that hold 4 have the bed by the balcony because the upper berth would be above the couch.

If that's not always the case and the upper berth can be by the sliding door then I'm sorry!

I've noticed that if you click the "view more" button under the room details when choosing your room, if the bed is by the balcony it is listed there. Says nothing of the bed location otherwise. I hope this advice is accurate:)

We have a winner!!!

That's amazing, it's right there on ncl.com. Thanks for sharing! :)

On the TA I was in 13294 - bed near entrance.

I want to mention that I had called an agent at NCL to change my room to one with bed NEAR BALCONY. This was done and confirmed, I checked on the UK site (the only NCL site then with this information), yet the room had the other layout in the end.

So I'm not sure whether the agents' and/or the website's information is accurate. Maybe it's better now that the ship has been in service for a couple of weeks.

The room was very nice, I was just surprised the agent didn't know about the layout.

I've noticed that if you click the "view more" button under the room details when choosing your room, if the bed is by the balcony it is listed there. Says nothing of the bed location otherwise. I hope this advice is accurate:)

We have a winner!!!

That's amazing, it's right there on ncl.com. Thanks for sharing! :)

Not to be a wet blanket, however I am not sure if that is entirely correct. I think the website is in error. What !!! When I first read that about the room detail button I thought that is great to be able to identify the correct bed-bath-balcony positions. However...I was interested in that because when I was looking for an H6 for our cruise in August, we preferred a dark bedroom and the bath by balcony setup. Reading many reviews and seeing the stern pics of Escape we chose suite 11312 because it clearly shows only decks 11 and 14 offer the H6 bath by balcony configurations. So when I went to the room details sections it did say on our cabin, "bathroom in 2nd bedroom with shower". However on cabin 11912, opposite stern H6 it states, "separate bedroom with door". Sometimes when you toggle between cabins it changes the detail. I am wondering then if you can believe this if you really have your heart set on a particular cabin setup. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

I guess I'll report back later on what cabin 9126 is! It is confusing because based on the information that 9734 and 9712 both had bed by balcony....they are alternating cabins I thought but the numbers don't work out if you start with 9712 balcony then count backward. 9734 should then end up with bed by bath but according the poster it was not.

I did do a mock booking so I could choose my cabin and it said 9126 was bed by balcony which is what I wanted. Not that I will be unhappy in the least if it is otherwise! Still a balcony; still a cruise!

I guess I'll report back later on what cabin 9126 is! It is confusing because based on the information that 9734 and 9712 both had bed by balcony....they are alternating cabins I thought but the numbers don't work out if you start with 9712 balcony then count backward. 9734 should then end up with bed by bath but according the poster it was not.

I did do a mock booking so I could choose my cabin and it said 9126 was bed by balcony which is what I wanted. Not that I will be unhappy in the least if it is otherwise! Still a balcony; still a cruise!

9126 is by the balcony

9126_zpsrvbzekgq.jpg

Escape, 11310, bed by balcony...and the balcony was about 1/3 oversized!

That's one of the balconies at the rear of the ship. Not aft-"facing" but aft-most location.

There are good pictures HERE and HERE that show how much larger those balconies are.

I think a lounger can fit in 12304.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Is there a way to tell where our bed is after we have booked, I have tinkered around MyNCL and it isn't giving me a whole lot of information. We are in 11222.

Any insight that would give me the information without calling in, would be great