Jancruz

Can anyone tell me their favorite Regent tours in the followiing places:

Sitka

Juneau

Skagway

Ketchikan

Thanks,

Jancruz1

Can't say for Regent . We like the train and bus to the summit (separate tours) Sitka just to wander around the town especially in the Russian Orthodox Church.

Sitka: Sea Otter Quest

Juneau: helicopter glacier viewing and landing

Skagway: Whitepass railway with time at the suspension bridge (Yukon Suspension Bridge I think it's called? Used to be part of the "included" train trip; I don't think it is anymore.)

Ketchikan: We loved the Misty Fjords float plane and landing (I hope I'm remembering correctly that that was Ketchikan.)

This was from Mariner about 5 years ago. Great trip despite pretty poor weather.

We've been to Alaska three times. Every excursion we've been on has been wonderful. Not sure of your age, but taking a hike on an excursion, or kayaking, has been a highlight. For my son though, although we went on great excursions, didn't see any whales, while others in our group did. They signed up for every whale watching trip that was available. It all really depends on what you want to do. For him, looking back now, I wish we had signed up for more whale watching tours. Although my daughter and I enjoyed every walk we took through every National and State park that was available. Sitka is our favorite city. We spent the 4th of July there. What a wonderful parade!!! Loved it!

Sitka.....sea otters, wildlife, etc. We saw a lot more then just sea otters, however we were lucky enough to see many of them with their babies floating on mom's tummy. Saw whales, and a million kinds of birds. Still had plenty of time to do town which was charming. Sort of like "home town" USA with an Alaskan bent....

Ketchican.....If you're at all "outdoorsy" the extra cost fishing expedition was absolutely wonderful. I had no idea that it would be as good as it was. A tad pricey as you had to buy an Alaskan fishing liscense too. We were suited up in top of the line Helly Hansen gear...bibs, jackets, boots, even socks and hats if you didn't have your own. 4 of us went with a captain and a terrific little boat. We all caught something then proceeded to a shoreside private camp ground where they cleaned our fish and cooked a most wonderful lunch. The campsite looked like something from a fairy tale....think Snow White with fish, hahaha!

Long story short, one of our most memorable shore excursions, ever!

I agree with all the previous posts. But the all-time favorite has to be the helicopter ride and dogsledding. It is offered in both Sitka and Juenau. You don't spend much time actually dogsledding but visiting the cutest dogs you ever want to see. If you are a dog person you will love it! The scenery is also gorgeous during the ride. Expensive but very memorable.

I agree with all the previous posts. But the all-time favorite has to be the helicopter ride and dogsledding. It is offered in both Sitka and Juenau. You don't spend much time actually dogsledding but visiting the cutest dogs you ever want to see. If you are a dog person you will love it! The scenery is also gorgeous during the ride. Expensive but very memorable.

Ditto. We did a private dog sledding tour, not Regent, in Juneau and it was amazing!! It was $$$ but so worth it.

Edited by petlover