Christmas card?

balf

As diamond WC members we normally get a Christmas card through the post.

Well not this year. Wondering if any other member has had one.

Also the Cunarder year book usually arrives before the festive season, so I'm hoping they haven't axed that one too.

As has been said " it's good to keep in touch "

David.

Somehow an e-card telling me of my Diamond value to the company over all the years even before they had diamond level isn't the same as a card in the mail.

AMEN! I'm still waiting for either though!

I received the Cunarder together with a Christmas card a couple of days ago. The first time I've ever received a card.

I also received a Seasons Greetings emails which said look out for a special offer coming your way soon.

Only the Cunarder via the post for me!

Reading the posts here, I wonder what sort of system they have that generates "who gets what"? Perhaps there is a Christmas card fairy, like the upgrade fairy, and I would rather have the latter visit me!!!!!! Still waiting for the first visit after all these years.

• 2 weeks later...
Got the full house. ;) Balf, just give a call to the Diamond desk @ Southampton and they'll look into it for you.

So today I rang the WC desk and got reservations. The lady knew nothing about the Cunarder book and advised e mailing at (for reference ukworld.club@cunard.co.uk)

E mailed them today and will report progress.

David.

So today I rang the WC desk and got reservations. The lady knew nothing about the Cunarder book and advised e mailing at (for reference ukworld.club@cunard.co.uk)

E mailed them today and will report progress.

David.

Not surprised that the agent 'at reservations' had no idea of the Year Book.

Here is the number for the World Club desk at Southampton you may like to try this.

0843 373 0305 ( this was the dedicated number as of January 2015 ,hopefully it has not been changed)

• 2 weeks later...
As diamond WC members we normally get a Christmas card through the post.

Well not this year. Wondering if any other member has had one.

Also the Cunarder year book usually arrives before the festive season, so I'm hoping they haven't axed that one too.

As has been said " it's good to keep in touch "

David.

This is "progress" report.

Originally I simply wished to find out why the year book had not arrived as expected. I did a search for Cunard World Club desk and got a tel number which turned out to be reservations. So I then tried e mailing the desk using the address reservations gave me. Still waiting for a reply. Finally I rang using the number Bell Boy kindly supplied and thought now I would get somewhere. Not so simple unfortunately. Now my question has been forwarded to the Loyalty Manager who (natch) has not got round to replying yet and I suspect won't.

Generally Cunard ships are well run and efficient, we have found, but Southampton lets the company down badly.

David.

• 10 months later...

I received a Cunard Christmas card today signed Simon Palethorpe (Senior Vice president), together with the new Cunarder magazine.

An interesting article says:

This year's remastering of Queen Mary 2 saw hundreds of pieces of furniture replaced. Many of these items, still in excellent condition, have been donated by Cunard to another Queen Mary, the former Clyde steamer that has a fascinating link with Cunard's first Queen Mary.

http://www.tsqueenmary.org.uk/