Please stop throwing your garbage overboard, PLEASE

Kaboochi

Fellow Cruisers, I am on the Getaway as I type this. I am in an aft balcony and I am very saddened by the amount of garbage that has appeared on our balcony. There have been numerous cigarette butts, granola bar wrappers and half eaten sandwiches. I believe all that read this, being CC bloggers would not do this. Question, how do we make others stop?!? I am paying premium wifi time to send this so hopefully you know I am sincere about what I am posting. On a nice note, we are on a fantastic Xmas Cruise on the getaway. Any questions, please ask.

Fellow Cruisers, I am on the Getaway as I type this. I am in an aft balcony and I am very saddened by the amount of garbage that has appeared on our balcony. There have been numerous cigarette butts, granola bar wrappers and half eaten sandwiches. I believe all that read this, being CC bloggers would not do this. Question, how do we make others stop?!? I am paying premium wifi time to send this so hopefully you know I am sincere about what I am posting. On a nice note, we are on a fantastic Xmas Cruise on the getaway. Any questions, please ask.

I totally agree with you on this one. I would however suggest that in order to reach even more NCL cruisers, it might be a good idea to post something similar on the NCL FB-page (1,3 mill. followers).

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your cruise anyway!

Why don't you say that people need to properly dispose of their trash? The issue that you are facing is not that people are throwing things overboard, it is that they are leaving things out and the wind is moving them around, which results in trash going off the back of the ship.

Why don't you say that people need to properly dispose of their trash? The issue that you are facing is not that people are throwing things overboard, it is that they are leaving things out and the wind is moving them around, which results in trash going off the back of the ship.

Probably the largest culprit.

Probably the largest culprit.

Agree. We have been aft on Jewel class ships a few times, and we got mostly paper or lightweight items from the Great Outdoors above us. Was never a big deal, or did we think it was done intentionally.

Safe sailing

We're booked on the Breakaway in an aft balcony and I certainly hope this is not the case on our sailing. I won't hesitate to report it, but really, what can the crew do unless you actually see someone toss something overboard.

The cigarette butt issue really upsets me. Not only is it just disgusting, but more importantly, a severe fire hazard. I would be livid if they landed on my balcony!

Please post this on NCL's Facebook page, as it's monitored regularly throughout the day.

We're booked on the Breakaway in an aft balcony and I certainly hope this is not the case on our sailing. I won't hesitate to report it, but really, what can the crew do unless you actually see someone toss something overboard.

The cigarette butt issue really upsets me. Not only is it just disgusting, but more importantly, a severe fire hazard. I would be livid if they landed on my balcony!

Please post this on NCL's Facebook page, as it's monitored regularly throughout the day.

Seriously doubting someone threw something overboard and it blew back into your balcony.

While in an aft balcony on the Epic, I too saw some trash occasionally flying in the air, but it was often times lightweight items that were not properly disposed of. I never had anything land on my actual balcony though.

Hope you are having a wonderful cruise othwrwise!

Absolutely correct... here is an example of how trash travels the ship. While docked in Nassau on BA in an aft suite, a big gust of wind grabbed my empty Fosters can and promptly rolled it right under the divider and into my neighbor's balcony.

I have sailed in aft balconies and will be on one tomorrow. I have seen some of these items on my balcony as well. I also feel that it is the wind. One afternoon on deck, it was a very windy day. I saw a man carrying a plate from the buffet. A chicken thigh literally blew off of his plate, and he didnt even realize it as he was turning his head to block the wind. That day we watched tons of things blowing around the ship. So, I dont think people are throwing things over board, but they are not properly throwing things in the garbage, so they end up blowing all around.