Ak B2B turnaround - How work with cabin change + excursion?

FunInTheSun9

Is anyone familiar with the turnaround process on a back-to-back cruise when you have two different cabins for each sailing and a long independent excursion? We are on the Millennium in Alaska on a Northbound/Southbound from Vancouver to Seward in May 2016. We currently have the same cabin for both sailings, but I am thinking of upgrading - which at this late date will likely result in two different cabins for each leg. To complicate matters, in Seward we have an (independent from the cruise line: Kenai Fjords 6-hour National Park Tour - better tour than the ship offers) excursion that requires disembarkation by 10:30am. We should return to the ship by 6:15pm (sails at 8pm). Celebrity tells us we are cutting it too close, as we may not have Seapass cards by 10:30am and if we return late after 6:30pm the check-in will be closed. They recommend cancelling our excursion, or using one of the ship's tours. Has anyone sailed recently this past season that can advise how your turnaround worked, especially if you had a similar situation (cabin change with long excursion)? ...Thanks.

As this is a policy and procedure issue specific to Celebrity, I would be asking on the Celebrity board.

Yes - I agree. I have had to do this with Princess and thought I could answer until I saw it was Celebrity. It was pretty easy with Princess.

Edited by Coral

Is anyone familiar with the turnaround process on a back-to-back cruise when you have two different cabins for each sailing and a long independent excursion? We are on the Millennium in Alaska on a Northbound/Southbound from Vancouver to Seward in May 2016. We currently have the same cabin for both sailings, but I am thinking of upgrading - which at this late date will likely result in two different cabins for each leg. To complicate matters, in Seward we have an (independent from the cruise line: Kenai Fjords 6-hour National Park Tour - better tour than the ship offers) excursion that requires disembarkation by 10:30am. We should return to the ship by 6:15pm (sails at 8pm). Celebrity tells us we are cutting it too close, as we may not have Seapass cards by 10:30am and if we return late after 6:30pm the check-in will be closed. They recommend cancelling our excursion, or using one of the ship's tours. Has anyone sailed recently this past season that can advise how your turnaround worked, especially if you had a similar situation (cabin change with long excursion)? ...Thanks.

You make is sound like you don't think you can be off the ship by 10:30a?? In Alaska they open the gangway, around 6am, no issue with getting off the ship in time, with switching cabins (I have done this on several cruises) This year with Princess in Whittier, but SAME process for every cruise line, and more than enough time to complete. Not sure why you think you somehow have a "better" Kenai Fjords tour than the ship excursion??? (since they use a top vendor, who provides excellent tours. )

Who did you "call" with Celebrity? Frankly it was a waste of time- you were talking to someone who probably hasn't even been to Alaska, and are sitting in Florida.

There is NO problem with getting to the ship after a Kenai Fjords boat tour, which ends at 5:30p. I have done so, many times, including, again, this year.

It will be relatively easy.

They can move your items from the first room to the other room.

Hopefully you can get into your second room before the excursion so that you can lock valuables in the safe if not they can lock them in a safe at the receptions desk.

But think positive. Check today to see if you can get the same room.

Keith