Ordered Ashore From Golden Princess

VK3DQ

John sorry to hear about the lack of support provided by princess in nz. Hopefully princess can take your incident into account and improve their systems.

All the best.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Yes ! thats what I want most out of this from this point on ..

Just trying to make sure it cannot happen again ...

At each port there should be a printed card with a local telephone number that is given to the passenger with instructions to call that person before doing anything .. before leaving the hospital ...

Now how did your P&O trip go ?? was it POSH ???

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

To be honest I hope you will travel with princess again. The times I have traveled with them they have been loverly.

I doubt if this would have happened on one of the other cruise lines, if the response would have been any better.

Take care, eat pizza, drink beer and wait for your wife to return......

Hi

Well I cooked chicken and chips for "The Babysitter" and we are down to our last seven coffee capsules so tomorrow will have to do some shopping

And the duty free scotch remains untouched :mad:

Regards

John

Hi John

We have been keeping tabs on Jean and Elsie as much as we can. We are appalled at your treatment and had werealized whilst in Wellington we would have been able to get her to call you free for there.

Feel awful I have not been on cc to see your plight.

All CCer's onboard have been asking about you so have been relaying information as known.

Hi Folks

Thanks for that .. just enjoy your time as much as possible

Tell Jean that "Steve" is eating and sleeping well , but the coffee pods have nearly run out so times are desperate :p

I spoke to Jean by phone yesterday and that made me feel much better but I am told they have reconfigured the beds and Elsie is sleeping on my bed

!:eek:

Neither of the two messages sent to the ship in Wellington were passed on to Jean despite one being delivered by the new Zealand police , and the other as we know by Mike ...

I hope Jean confronts them about that in no uncertain terms , and demands to make this known to the ships master.

Anyways it looks like you have some rain today so snuggle down and enjoy the ship

I will be at the port in melbourne

OH BTW tell Jean to inform Princess that I absolutely insist that they make provision for me to be able to drive alongside at Station Pier to collect her , there is no way I can walk along the pier until I am much better.

I'm waiting for Princess in Sydney to call me today I have a few things I need to say to them .. :cool:

Thank you for posting here and note the nice things I say about New Zealander's :o

Regards

John

Hi Sarah

Now how did your P&O trip go ?? was it POSH ???

Regards

John

Hi John for $400 that I paid it was fine. I meet some great people on board and I had a good time. I ate mostly in the buffet as the food in the Waterfront Restaurant wasn't great and I couldn't be bothered doing the whole booking thing each night.

My cabin was nice, I was on Deck 10 and a couple of doors away from the Oasis bar and deck which is the nicest thing about the Jewel.

Would I travel on PO again. Probably not. Unless it was an itinerary that interested me and it was cheap.

Send an email to goldenprincess@princesscruises.com every Princess Ship has an @princesscruises.com email address, and trust me the insurance issue is not because they don't want to, your insurance policy is not Princess Travel Protection.

Hi

I have sent e-mail to the ship and to the president of Princess Cruises .. I know for a fact that the E-mail to Jan Swartz office has been received as it was mention in conversation with the lady that called me yesterday from the Sydney office. However I have not had ANY reply to ANY e-mail

As far as the travel insurance is concerned this is not my biggest worry I am starting to process their claim form and in due course will post it to them

The Lack of contact from princess cruises is Deafening

Regards

John

Hello Folks

I had e-mail and phone contact with Princess Cruises , they are basically saying they will not do anything for me

I have canceled my cruise in March for which there is no way in the world I will be well enough to take .. Princess Refused to waive the 25% cancellation fee approx $1500

not happy I have requested the matter be escalated to Jan Swartz office

regards

john

Hello Folks

I had e-mail and phone contact with Princess Cruises , they are basically saying they will not do anything for me

I have canceled my cruise in March for which there is no way in the world I will be well enough to take .. Princess Refused to waive the 25% cancellation fee approx $1500

not happy I have requested the matter be escalated to Jan Swartz office

regards

john

If you have taken out insurance for that cruise , that should cover you for the cancellation fee .

If you have taken out insurance for that cruise , that should cover you for the cancellation fee .

Hi

yes I have with Insure and Go ... I have no confidence they will be of any help as I have made the decision based on the fact that I will not be well enough to take the trip , I will have to provide a medical certificate to back this up in due course

Regards

John

Hi

yes I have with Insure and Go ... I have no confidence they will be of any help as I have made the decision based on the fact that I will not be well enough to take the trip , I will have to provide a medical certificate to back this up in due course

Regards

John

When was final payment date on your cruise it most have been fairly recent as I am cruising with Princess in March (30) and final payment date is not until early January. Did you book directly with Princess or a TA?

The March cruise cancellation is really an insurance matter. It will depend on what time of cancellation cover you have.

Edited by icat2000

When was final payment date on your cruise it most have been fairly recent as I am cruising with Princess in March (30) and final payment date is not until early January. Did you book directly with Princess or a TA?

I booked directly with Princess

Final payment was 24th December .. cancellation charges are at 25% so now I will have to run two separate insurance claims , but by canceling now I minimize the size of any claim for the insurance company , If I decide to wait and see if I was fit enough to travel (highly doubtful) we could be looking at 50% , 80% or 100% of fees .. its the old adage a bird in the hand

My cost for the 8th march cruise are in the region of $7000 at least I have approx $5500 back and just have to argue about the other $1500

Aint this fun :D

Regards

John

Ps posted for the information of forum users and not in any vexatious way

Hello Folks

This posting is aimed directly at the facebook site cruise law .. or whatever they call themselfs

Mention has been prominent that this is a result of "Cheap" travel insurance

My Total insurance in regards to my two cruises involved are in Excess of $1000

I dont call that cheap .. so please pull your heads in

Regards

John

This posting is aimed directly at the facebook site cruise law .. or whatever they call themselfs

Mention has been prominent that this is a result of "Cheap" travel insurance

John, unfortunately that site is open to those who belong to post their views - much like CC - I see some have posted without actually reading this thread - the owners of the site don't edit the posters comments

Interesting though the number of people who have said they too will be cancelling their Princess cruises

Good luck with the InsureandGo claim - and the refund of the cancellation fees for the future cruise

The behaviour of Princess in this matter and your future cruise is very disappointing - I'd ask those who seem to think they aren't to blame if this is how they would expect to be treated by them in the same situation. I for one won't be giving them the opportunity to!

Edited by Bodogbodog

Hi John for $400 that I paid it was fine. I meet some great people on board and I had a good time. I ate mostly in the buffet as the food in the Waterfront Restaurant wasn't great and I couldn't be bothered doing the whole booking thing each night.

My cabin was nice, I was on Deck 10 and a couple of doors away from the Oasis bar and deck which is the nicest thing about the Jewel.

Would I travel on PO again. Probably not. Unless it was an itinerary that interested me and it was cheap.

That's more or less how we feel.

Not NEVER, but close to.

It was mentioned that they should give out a contact number in each Port.

They do.

It is always in the Patter.

Enter it in your phone, write it down, take a photo of it.

But DON'T get off the ship without it.

If you're lucky you'll never need it, but if you need it you'll regret not having it.

Hi John,

glad you are looking after yourself, there are always frozen meals just like that tv add where the girl is on the phone to dad assuring him shes looking after herself cant remember what company the ad was for though.

I really appreciate your updates on the situation both with princess and the insurance company.

Re station pier. I am recently off the Pacific Jewel and we arrived at station pier, my sister in a wheelchair. A couple of days prior to our arrival I asked at the reception desk on board what was the situation in regard to my hubby being able to drive up to collect us and they said for him to tell the person on the gatehouse that he is collecting a person in wheelchair and he will be let through.

Not so easy, when we were waiting in the pick up area downstairs I asked the p and o staff around the area and was again told he only needs to tell the staff at the end of the dock, again not so easy, hubby had to go through several staff and had to be insistent they were asking for authority letters etc. Eventually they let him through but very reluctantly. Other folk we knew on board had to be walked down the length of the pier in a wheelchair as their driver wasn't as insistent as my hubby.

Drop off was wonderful we were able to be dropped right at the lift.why we couldnt have been picked up in the same manner is beyond me. it wasnt as if passengers were boarding for the next cruise at that time.

Please keep us up to date as things hopefully progress.

Edited by Tara Jane

Hi John,

glad you are looking after yourself, there are always frozen meals just like that tv add .

Oh Tara Jane

Tara I cook !!! I do !!!

Apple pie ice cream and custard .....

Some nice Ham sandwiches with Dujon mustard

Followed by some truffles

and coffee

TV Dinners ... no no no .. fortunately the deep freeze is well stocked

:D

Regards

John

Hi John,

glad you are looking after yourself, there are always frozen meals just like that tv add where the girl is on the phone to dad assuring him shes looking after herself cant remember what company the ad was for though.

I really appreciate your updates on the situation both with princess and the insurance company.

Re station pier. I am recently off the Pacific Jewel and we arrived at station pier, my sister in a wheelchair. A couple of days prior to our arrival I asked at the reception desk on board what was the situation in regard to my hubby being able to drive up to collect us and they said for him to tell the person on the gatehouse that he is collecting a person in wheelchair and he will be let through.

Not so easy, when we were waiting in the pick up area downstairs I asked the p and o staff around the area and was again told he only needs to tell the staff at the end of the dock, again not so easy, hubby had to go through several staff and had to be insistent they were asking for authority letters etc. Eventually they let him through but very reluctantly. Other folk we knew on board had to be walked down the length of the pier in a wheelchair as their driver wasn't as insistent as my hubby.

Drop off was wonderful we were able to be dropped right at the lift.why we couldnt have been picked up in the same manner is beyond me. it wasnt as if passengers were boarding for the next cruise at that time.

Please keep us up to date as things hopefully progress.

like you said was not time for people to be hopping onto the ship silly security i know they have a job to do but surely they can realise when someone is being genuine when they say they are picking up a person that is in a wheelchair

Hi Folks

The babysitter (Steve) is fast asleep .. I wish I could sleep like that boy :)

I fed him some chicken and garlic sausage with mayo and dujon mustard .. the coffee situation is now beyond desperate with only two pods remaining for the machine .. they are BOTH MINE!!!

I'm feeling a little better but the pain in my back and side are constant

Various e-mails and telephone calls from Princess Cruises today but nothing that I could call good news

My March cruise is canceled as there is no way in the world I think I will be well enough to travel by then the cancellation was subject to a 25% fee which with luck and in the fullness to time I might get back from the insurance

Speaking of the insurance I have started to fill the forms in but will have to make two claims .. I will have to speak with them as I still have no firm diagnoses of the problems ... each of three doctors say something different one going for renal colic / kidney stones and the two others for a spine and back related issue

I wonder if manhandling the cases in that zoo on Station Pier did something to my back ?? No idea :confused:

The various e-mails sent to the ship and to the office of Jan Swartz ALL remain unanswered .. even when they quoted by Julie (care team Australia)

I think its the hight of bad manners and rude and callous for management not to send a "Message Received" e-mail to me

I watch the ship depart port chalmers on the ports webcam ......

Its a hot day here in Melbourne so have the aircon flat out in the house to keep comfortable

Best Regards

John

From our experience you won't get anything out of princess hence we don't cruise with them, P&O or carnival ... The rules are all the same and their care and consideration is ZERO.

We have dealt with the CEO of Carnival Corp in Australia who oversees all 3 cruise lines .... Heartless very heartless.... shame on them!

Sorry princess lovers but it is true!