Doing a b2b and your thoughts

NOSaints1

Is it to many people, to big? Do you find you get better customer service on the smaller ships

This is very subjective, so you will get many different opinions. For me, it's too many people. I see it in the long lines when returning to the ship, lunchtime at Park Cafe, shows if you get there late. I also don't like having to make show reservations in advance. We had a bad experience with MDR service and never went back after the first night.

I don't like a lot of people, I enjoy relaxing and having fun not waiting inline forever

Well, don't change your mind based on my one opinion. There are many other great features on Oasis class (many restaurants and activities), and lots of folks have a great time on those ships. We've just found that the things we enjoy most on a cruise are on the smaller ships too.

What's your favourite port to visit and least, other than Nassau?

I have only cruised the Caribbean but we love most of the "Southern" islands. Bonaire is probably our favorite, though. I am sure some of the Mediterranean ports would surpass these...someday... I highly recommend doing a B2B out of San Juan.

Edited by NemoCrownie

I will be doing a B2B on the Harmony of the Seas in February 2017.

I booked the two cruises separately with RCI customer agents. They weren't booked with as B2B.

I remember being told in another B2B thread a while back that I need to contact RCI and/or speak to someone onboard the first cruise to let them know that I will be doing a B2B. What is the procedure?

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

I booked the two cruises separately with RCI customer agents. They weren't booked with as B2B.

I remember being told in another B2B thread a while back that I need to contact RCI and/or speak to someone onboard the first cruise to let them know that I will be doing a B2B. What is the procedure?

Just call Royal and ask for the cruises to be linked as a B2B. However, if you plan to book any air with Royal's Choice Air (Air2Sea now), book the air first with the cruises unlinked, and link them after the air is booked. Somehow, the linking process messes up the ability to book air.

Edited by clarea

We will be sailing with you on the 2nd half of your B2B on Harmony. I will eventually sign up for the Roll Call, just not yet -- too far away. I am looking forward to the waterslides.

Our very first cruise ever was B2B in Asia on Mariner. Our 2nd ever cruise will be B2B in Asia on Quantum! I think I've created a monster...

Same cabin was great, no need to pack up, same great room steward. Most of the staff remember your face and seem even friendlier than they were on the first cruise. Great experience! Can't wait for March!

Bring it on!

Just call Royal and ask for the cruises to be linked as a B2B. However, if you plan to book any air with Royal's Choice Air (Air2Sea now), book the air first with the cruises unlinked, and link them after the air is booked. Somehow, the linking process messes up the ability to book air.

Bob, do you have to call to have the cruises linked as a B2B? I thought it was possible to link them somehow during the online check in process?

We're doing our first b2B on Brilliance in February, but traveling with different groups on both legs, so maybe I should call to make sure they are linked?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bob, do you have to call to have the cruises linked as a B2B? I thought it was possible to link them somehow during the online check in process?

We're doing our first b2B on Brilliance in February, but traveling with different groups on both legs, so maybe I should call to make sure they are linked?

There is something in the online check-in area where you can select "consecutive cruise" in the arrival and/or departure area. But I'm not sure that info gets to the ship, which is what is important.

If your cruises are booked with a travel agent, you will have to contact the agent(s) to have the cruises linked.

Edited by clarea

There is something in the online check-in area where you can select "consecutive cruise" in the arrival and/or departure area. But I'm not sure that info gets to the ship, which is what is important.

If your cruises are booked with a travel agent, you will have to contact the agent(s) to have the cruises linked.

Thanks, Bob. we booked direct with Royal, and in fact had to move both of our cruises around because of a charter on one of them, so probably best that I make a phone call to make sure they are linked. did I just just read somewhere you were recently on Brilliance? Do you know if they had luggage valet? We were going to do self debarkation/walk off with our luggage, but our flight got pushed out from 11:10 to 1:30 [emoji16]

Thanks, Bob. we booked direct with Royal, and in fact had to move both of our cruises around because of a charter on one of them, so probably best that I make a phone call to make sure they are linked. did I just just read somewhere you were recently on Brilliance? Do you know if they had luggage valet? We were going to do self debarkation/walk off with our luggage, but our flight got pushed out from 11:10 to 1:30 [emoji16]

According to this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

There is no Luggage Valet at Tampa.

According to this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

There is no Luggage Valet at Tampa.

😥 oh well......appreciate the link and info....I shall continue to revel in my B2B happiness and forget about my luggage and flight timing dilemma for now.......😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have been on a few longish cruises of 15 to 17 days but our first b2b is in February 2016.

That being said we have a jewel b2b booked for 2017 feb and Paul Gauguin b2b of 17 days booked for 2017 July.

In the past we used to go on several cruises a year all over the world. Now with the bucket list almost completed and with the hassle of flights we have decided not to holiday for less than two weeks at a time in the Caribbean and three weeks in places further afield like Europe or Asia.

I think B2bs make sense so hope to like them and go on more in the future.

Would you do BOS out of Tampa going to Coz and GC and Coz and KW

I will probably do that at some time in the future, since our local port (PC) is losing the Freedom. Oasis is taking it's place, and now we will miss Grand Cayman coming out of here, which is one of our favorite ships.

I am on BOS in less than three weeks doing the KW/COZ trip to combine with our visit to

the Tampa RV Super Show.