Luggage Tags

kayehall

The window is from about 60 to 30 days out. You have TWENTY ONE CABINS? Will note that luggage tags are not available to groups - only individuals.

Also note the tags are absolutely positively not needed. you can simply have each party hand their luggage to a porter along with their cabin number and they will tag at the curb.

Final payment was Dec 7th. Sail date is Feb 20th. Cannot order luggage tags yet. Should I be calling Celebrity? I have 21 cabins and do not want to wait until the last minute. :eek:

The tags become available to order about 45 days out. After you order them they arrive in 5 to 7 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I am not sure where people get their info from.???

group or not, you have plenty of time to get your tags, 10 prior to cruise, and can always request new one's in a few days time. if not Are you able to ask the Porter to correctly get you some at the site?

Edited by gopro63

The luggage tag section of the Celebrity website is currently not working. Has been down for several weeks. Our cruise leaves this Friday (1/2/16) I called last week and had them mail luggage tags, but as other posters have mentioned, they are not really needed as the porters will affix them to you bags at the terminal.

Happy sailings

On our first Celebrity cruise, everyone in the hotel had the preprinted luggage tabs except us. That was not a problem as the porter at the dock asked us our room number and took care of it. Very easy. We got our luggage at the same time as others on our floor.

If you want to order tags, they become available 49 days before your cruise I have found.

I ordered luggage tags 2x and never received. Called the Captain's club today and she confirmed that they were never sent. I do not think that Celebrity's website is the best.

Me too. Ordered twice online and still no tags. I finally printed out tags from my eDocs, put 2" clear tape on them and cut to size. They look great and I'm all set for January 10th!

We would mention that there is a good reason why X does not want to mail-out luggage tags (at some expense to the cruise line) until well inside the final payment period. The luggage tags are personalized with the cruiser's name and cabin number. It is not unusual to have changes in cabins as some folks ask for a change, there might be upgrades, upsells, etc. So X is simply trying to minimize any luggage tag issues due to changes.

Hank

If you are in the UK you probably won't get the luggage tags anyway. Ordered ours December 5th. Emailed Captains Club who say there is a problem with the U.K. supplier. 18 days to sail date so will probably have to print them ourselves. Not very professional but unfortunately what seems to be the norm for Celebrity these days!

We would mention that there is a good reason why X does not want to mail-out luggage tags (at some expense to the cruise line) until well inside the final payment period. The luggage tags are personalized with the cruiser's name and cabin number. It is not unusual to have changes in cabins as some folks ask for a change, there might be upgrades, upsells, etc. So X is simply trying to minimize any luggage tag issues due to changes.

Hank

I am pleased and somewhat surprised that Celebrity continues to send out luggage tags. I don't think any of the other mainstream cruise lines send out luggage tags anymore.

If you are in the UK you probably won't get the luggage tags anyway. Ordered ours December 5th. Emailed Captains Club who say there is a problem with the U.K. supplier. 18 days to sail date so will probably have to print them ourselves. Not very professional but unfortunately what seems to be the norm for Celebrity these days!

All the mainstream lines I book in the US except Celebrity make passengers print their own tags. Printing your own has become the norm so I won't complain about Celebrity's luggage tags process.

Edocs and link to order luggage tags showed up today for our 2/14 sailing.

Still waiting on mine

I rang UK CS this morning..... strongly advise UK pax to not do that.... wasted the call..... just confirming what you said..... no tags for UK pax currently, was advised to get tags at the pier... (they do appear in printable form at the bottom of the eDocs).... Was advised eDocs would be around 4 weeks out.... (sailing Feb 14) I said that others on the roll call already had their eDocs and it was intimated that eDocs are produced manually, they were short staffed over the holidays blah blah.....

I just want to do the Doc Dance.

I am pleased and somewhat surprised that Celebrity continues to send out luggage tags. I don't think any of the other mainstream cruise lines send out luggage tags anymore.

I'm not sure how "mainstream" they can really be - considering they only have 4 ships - but Disney not only still sends out luggage tags, but doesn't even offer a way to print them out yourself.

I'm looking forward to being able to print ours for our first X cruise next summer! Is there a benefit to having them sent vs. printing them out yourself?

I'm not sure how "mainstream" they can really be - considering they only have 4 ships - but Disney not only still sends out luggage tags, but doesn't even offer a way to print them out yourself.

I'm looking forward to being able to print ours for our first X cruise next summer! Is there a benefit to having them sent vs. printing them out yourself?

I don't consider Disney to be a mainstream cruise line. It is a Boutique line. Mainstream are Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America, NCL. Except Celebrity you have to print your own.

The benefit is that you don't have to use up color ink on you home printer and that their tags have a sticky backing. Also not everyone has a printer.

I don't consider Disney to be a mainstream cruise line. It is a Boutique line. Mainstream are Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America, NCL. Except Celebrity you have to print your own.

I don't consider it mainstream either - though it gets lumped in with all the mainstream pretty much everywhere. While it has a fairly large niche market, it acts far more like the mainstream lines (in policy, amenities, etc) than than the upscale boutique lines like Silversea and Crystal.

The benefit is that you don't have to use up color ink on you home printer and that their tags have a sticky backing. Also not everyone has a printer.

Gotcha. I thought getting the Disney labels was actually kind of wasteful - we didn't used all the labels the sent us. So being able to print my own seems like a plus to me. We'll see what we think after this trip, for sure!