Haven (NCL Escape) vs Yacht Club (MSC Seaside)

Two Wheels Only

I'm booked in the Haven on Escape but I'm already looking towards 2018 for the Yacht Club on the MSC Seaside.

Obviously, there is limited information on the Seaside but does anyone have first hand experience with both the Haven (Breakaway/Getaway or Escape) and the MSC Yacht Club?

I'm thinking of the YC-1 Deluxe Suite for the 4 of us (2 adult/2 young children) and the total (as of now) works out to be about $400 less than the total for the 4 of us on Escape even though the Seaside is 8 day/7 nights vs 7/6 on Escape.

I've never sailed MSC so any info on MSC vs NCL would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I'm booked in the Haven on Escape but I'm already looking towards 2018 for the Yacht Club on the MSC Seaside.

Obviously, there is limited information on the Seaside but does anyone have first hand experience with both the Haven (Breakaway/Getaway or Escape) and the MSC Yacht Club?

I'm thinking of the YC-1 Deluxe Suite for the 4 of us (2 adult/2 young children) and the total (as of now) works out to be about $400 less than the total for the 4 of us on Escape even though the Seaside is 8 day/7 nights vs 7/6 on Escape.

Thanks

Friends of mine who are frequent cruisers thought it was the worst cruise they'd ever taken.....by a long margin...... but others here seem to like it.

There's really only 1 way to find out what you, yourself, think about it.

So when Seaside launches, we'll try it.

Stephen

Thanks

They will do a status match to NCL, or whatever the highest level hotel or cruiseline you have, and that is good for another 5% to 10% off bookings plus all kinds of onboard perks.

I got an email saying the Seaside is open for reservations today or tomorrow (forgot which).

Does the YC1 actually let you book 4? On the CDP site is says only 2 but they are sometimes wrong. I'll have to see what MSC site says when bookings are open.

They will do a status match to NCL, or whatever the highest level hotel or cruiseline you have, and that is good for another 5% to 10% off bookings plus all kinds of onboard perks.

I've never really looked into MSC and just recently discovered it's YC is comparable to the Haven. I didn't know about the status match. It could provide an appealing match up. I'm curious to see what others who have done both have to say.

I've never really looked into MSC and just recently discovered it's YC is comparable to the Haven. I didn't know about the status match. It could provide an appealing match up. I'm curious to see what others who have done both have to say.

I submitted about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard back from MSC yet. I've seen I think two others here report they got it about two months ago.

Good luck with getting a yacht club cabin booked. It is showing sold out on some of the spring sailings and the rep insisted that I could only book a guarantee. I finally just said forget it.

From what I've read, there are some problems with the MSC site. I was able to select a room and got a total price, then it said "sold out", them it said "available".

I'm just gathering info in the meantime. :p

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it's my understanding that MSC attracts a number of customers from Europe and South America, more so than the mainstream lines that you are probably familiar with. You may encounter more smoking, and announcements will be repeated in several languages (Listening to many of the announcements in English is tiresome enough, having them repeated in Spanish, German, Italian, and French as well would drive me batty).

The ships do look lovely and I am sure the Yacht Club would be very nice.

I sailed on MSC Divina last winter. It was the best cruise of my life.

Most of the passengers weren't American (very stylish people) but all announcements were in English. I don't remember announcements in any other language.

I don't like smoke....and I don't remember it being a problem.

The entertainment was excellent. The ship itself was beautiful.