Stinky bathrooms

cruiseonthebrain

I will just be honest- my DH is probably sick of me sending off to another bathroom. And so are other cruisers. It's pretty bad. No candles on a ship is just smart- I admit I was a candle idiot in the past. But then I found out I could send him to the public toilets:-). Are you guys messing with me? Is he going to use this stuff then I walk into the cabin 5 minutes later and fall over?

I have also found with Poo-Pouri that you can put it in the toilet after you use it even if you don't know that the offender is needing the bathroom right away. It will work fine even if it sits there ahead of time.

I tried it this past weekend. We have a friend who has an aversion to using air freshner. I would spray the toilet after I used it and it was all set for the next one who came in. It worked great!

Flush twice as soon as you clear hot and bomb away. No smell.

The fact that one has to stand up and close the lid first pretty much undoes the benefit of a courtesy flush.

And there's absolutely nothing new about poo-pourri other then the graphic nature of their advertising. Camping and Marine stores have sold deodorizing drops for ultra low water toilets for generations already.

There's no issue putting Poo-Pourri into the ship's septic system?

No problems.

The fact that one has to stand up and close the lid first pretty much undoes the benefit of a courtesy flush.

And there's absolutely nothing new about poo-pourri other then the graphic nature of their advertising. Camping and Marine stores have sold deodorizing drops for ultra low water toilets for generations already.

While your shoulders do have to work well, it is possible to do a courtesy flush. There is no reason you can't flush sitting down, if you can reach around to get to it.

Yep this was covered in the original info. The other cruisers are now showing up at our cabin with pitchforks.

Thanks for the belly laugh! I read this to DH, another offender. Told him I might make him use a chamber pot on the balcony. Will look into the drops.

I believe you mean Poo-Pourri? Yes, it works if the person uses it first.

It is also useful to bring onboard an automatic air freshener and leave it in the bathroom. I have found the AirWick Freshmatic Fresh Linen works very well.

You cannot mention Poo-Pourri without linking to their most interesting advertisements;)

Real advert but please don't click if you are easily offended!

Edited by txjim09

We had Poo-Pourri in our office bathroom. The smell of it was awful! It pierced into my brain, causing the worst headache! Honestly, I'd rather smell the poo for a little while! I know, TMI.

Anyway, if you are even slightly sensitive to strong perfume smells, I would avoid this product. It's really strong.

We fly in the day before a cruise, and stop at your local store (In FLL Publix) and purchase a spray air freshener.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Last year was Lilac.

Happy New Year

We cut out a portion of a gel air freshener and put it into the plastic container of a Kinder egg. Shake it around and it takes care of any smell.

While your shoulders do have to work well, it is possible to do a courtesy flush. There is no reason you can't flush sitting down, if you can reach around to get to it.

If I were a male the thought of flushing one of those toilets while sitting on it would terrify me.