3 adults in an inside cabin?

skrapngal

When we had an OV, I truly did not feel it was much larger than an inside for three people. With the minisuite I definitely felt we had wasted our money, as we spent so little time in it. For those of you who would have a problem with three in an inside, what would your biggest issue with it be? Only one bathroom I understand, but we did not have a true problem there. Do you spend lots of time in your cabin?

I would need a minisuite or suite to do this.

Get a topper for the fold out sofa. The mattress we experienced was thinner and less comfortable than our camping pads.

Hopefully your steward will be better than ours. The topper couldn't be folded up into the sofa. At night, he never completely made the bed. Sis had to play 'find the bedding' every night. Worst steward in 40+ cruises.

I just booked an inside for 2017 with my 2 sisters. I'm hoping for some price drops so we can upgrade, but at this point a bigger (more expensive) cabin equals not going.

In 2014 we did a 5000 mile road trip. I figure the 3 of us sharing a car and motel room with 1 bathroom for all that time prepared me for anything. Actually we had a great time so I'm thinking we'll be fine.

It really is a matter of how much time you spend in the cabin. If your cabin is used to sleep and shower only, you'll be fine. If you tend to "hang out" there, you'll be cramped.

Yes, an inside cabin is definitely better than no cruise. And yes, you can use the showers in the locker room that serves the spa and fitness center. (but there are only 2 showers there...not often in use from what I've seen).

I'd rather stay home and save up for a better vacation than 3 people in an inside closet.

The air is stuffy. After a while all the animal smells accumulate. You can say that you are rarely in the room, but eventually you have to go there to sleep, get dressed, unpack and pack, relax. By my reckoning that's about one-third to half of the time on the ship. And you better pray no one has a headache or gets sick.:eek:

Save up and have a nice vacation. You deserve better than a fold down slab.

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now

I'd rather stay home and save up for a better vacation than 3 people in an inside closet.

The air is stuffy. After a while all the animal smells accumulate. You can say that you are rarely in the room, but eventually you have to go there to sleep, get dressed, unpack and pack, relax. By my reckoning that's about one-third to half of the time on the ship. And you better pray no one has a headache or gets sick.:eek:

Save up and have a nice vacation. You deserve better than a fold down slab.

Oh my, I am very glad that we did not experience what you have described. Our cabin, while an inside, was lovely and quite adequate. We had a terrific vacation thank you, and would do it again, no probem!!

Edited by stoneharborlady

I was 3 adults and a child in an inside. It was a tight fit and you need to be tidy, but it was fine. I would do it again. I have been all over the ship except suit and room size truly doesn't bother me. My travelling companions were pleasantly surprised by the experience. It's true that you spend a third of your time in your cabin , but that third is asleep; -)

For three or four in a cabin, the third and fourth pax will have to sleep in the upper bunk which will either come out of the ceiling or the wall. The unlucky individual(s) will have to climb up into the bed (ladder provided) and crawl into the bed as headroom is minimal. Kids and young adults can handle this usually. The bed itself is very thin so it is like sleeping on a board almost. Adults will not be able to sit up in the beds.

Those in the lower beds configured as singles will also have very limited head room and adults will not be able to sit up. If the lower beds are configured as a queen, the already limited sides of the bed will have the bunk above them so one cannot walk up to the side of the bed. You will have to bend over to get access to the bed or crawl in from the bottom.

When we took our DS, DIL and DGD on two cruises, we had them in inside cabins. So we got to see the rooms. They both complained but when I pointed out they were free to pay for a room upgrade, they decided the stateroom was ok. :rolleyes: Our last joint cruise was on the Royal and we had a deluxe balcony room. The DGD (6 y/o) slept on the couch in our cabin every night.

It's true that it's a bunk bed style in the inside rooms, I slept in it as my sister was afraid my young niece would fall out. I am not a young adult but am fit and slender enough, also short 😉 with care I was able sit up, the mattress was firm which I like but not hard. I quite liked it, brought back memories of my childhood, I always wanted a bunk bed, (my mother refused to get one). It's definitely easier to keep beds in bunk bed configuration.

I'd rather have a root canal.

Me too!

We have done it in a PH suite with the 3rd sleeping on the pull out couch. Horrible experience due to the bathroom issue and snoring.

The next time we traveled with 3 in one cabin we booked a royal family suite on RCCL that had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. That is the way to do it. Everybody had their own space and we had a nice living room/dining area and huge balcony when we wanted to be together.

I would spring for 2 insides. That way you have 2 bathrooms. What am I saying? I wouldn't spring for an inside. I won't cruise unless I have at least a balcony, preferably a suite. And besides, the insides on Princess are tiny compared to some other cruise lines.

Edited by DebJ14