Sabor - a la carte?

I was about to make a reservation for Sabor on the Liberty of the Seas in February, and the sample menu gives prices for each food item. It also says "prices starting at $25" and has a $20 tasting menu. Is Sabor a la carte on all ships, is this something new, or is it a mistake?

I was about to make a reservation for Sabor on the Liberty of the Seas in February, and the sample menu gives prices for each food item. It also says "prices starting at $25" and has a $20 tasting menu. Is Sabor a la carte on all ships, is this something new, or is it a mistake?

Sabor is a la carte on Oasis and Allure only. On the other ships it is a fixed price like other specialty restaurants.

There are 2 slightly different menus either the fixed price menu having a few more options.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Sabor is a la carte on Oasis and Allure only. On the other ships it is a fixed price like other specialty restaurants.

There are 2 slightly different menus either the fixed price menu having a few more options.

Sabor is going to be added to the Liberty during its refurbishment this month. I hope it is not a la carte as on the Oasis and Allure.

Sabor is going to be added to the Liberty during its refurbishment this month. I hope it is not a la carte as on the Oasis and Allure.

I would expect it to be like it is on Freedom (flat fee), the sister ship.

We were on oasis in September and DH and I had the $20 tasting menu. It allows you to chose one item from each category and includes the tableside guacamole. It was more food than we could eat (and we are not tiny). Compare that $20 to $50 for the 2 of us and I think Oasis is a much better value.

I also talked to a couple who stopped in after an excursion and had the guacamole as an afternoon snack. What a great idea.

Does anyone have the price list for Sabor on Allure? I am planning lunch there the first day on our cruise and would love to check the menu ahead of time.

I had it but seemed to have deleted it. From the summer cruise, 2 of us (without margaritas) spent roughly $15. throw in the 6 margaritas and that's a different story lol...we shared the spanish rice dish as there was ALOT of it. it isn't hard for them to add something on later if you think you need another. we ate there 3 times that week and it was fairly empty all 3 nights.

Does anyone have the price list for Sabor on Allure? I am planning lunch there the first day on our cruise and would love to check the menu ahead of time.

Im doing a live review from Oasis this week, I'll try and pic of the menu for you!

I actually do expect the Liberty Sabor menu to be like the Oasis menu, as LB is getting at least one upgrade that is an Oasis feature. That is the suite lounge in place of a concierge lounge. She is also getting the first RCI water slides. So those two changes make her quite unlike her sister ships, FR and ID. Was that tasting menu $20 for two people? If so, that would be well worth trying!

Edited by 39august

I actually do expect the Liberty Sabor menu to be like the Oasis menu, as LB is getting at least one upgrade that is an Oasis feature. That is the suite lounge in place of a concierge lounge. She is also getting the first RCI water slides. So those two changes make her quite unlike her sister ships, FR and ID. Was that tasting menu $20 for two people? If so, that would be well worth trying!

The biggest differences in Sabor between Oasis and Freedom classes other than the menu is that on Freedom class it is more of an actual restaurant (replaced the crypt) while on the Oasis it is super casual and lends itself to walk ins and for snacks.

I'm with Bob that I think that it will stay the same as on the their Freedom And Voyager class ships.

The biggest differences in Sabor between Oasis and Freedom classes other than the menu is that on Freedom class it is more of an actual restaurant (replaced the crypt) while on the Oasis it is super casual and lends itself to walk ins and for snacks.

I'm with Bob that I think that it will stay the same as on the their Freedom And Voyager class ships.

I agree with you and Bob, also.

The experience is completely different from that on Oasis and Allure.

The tasting menu is $20. The waitress suggested we share, that it was A LOT of food. She was right, we couldn't finish it all. If you did want more, you could order something else, but we were very full. You're right, it was a fantastic bargain! I love Mexican food and we will definitely try Sabor on navigator, but at $25 each it doesn't seem like a bargain.

Thanks for that clarification. We had a fixed price lunch on Freedom. Its the only time I've done a specialty restaurant at lunch. I really enjoyed the bacon wrapped jalepeno stuffed chicken I had on Freedom. I didn't see that on the Oasis menu, but that may have been dinner.