12:30 flight leaving Miami?

crazycruzer68

Depends on the day (weekday vs. weekend) and other factors. Without self-assist you'll be cutting it close because you have to account for;

• The line to get off the ship
  • The time it takes for your bags to arrive off the ship (could be quick or it could take forever)
  • The line to get through US Customs (I've seem some crazy long lines at POM)
  • The line for the cab
  • The line to check your bags at the airport
  • The line for airport security
  • The walk to your terminal

A 12:30pm flight without self-assist is doable, but you'll have to plan your escape from the ship and port with precision.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

I haven't ever used that, how does it work?

You pay a $20 fee and then Carnival prints your boarding pass and luggage tags for the airlines and after you out your bags outside your room on the last night, you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. I love it.

I do not want to do self assist, is it possible to make this flight?

Absolutely and without a problem. We always book flights around this time....never have ever had a problem and we do not do "self assisted"....always have CCL take it the night before.

You pay a $20 fee and then Carnival prints your boarding pass and luggage tags for the airlines and after you out your bags outside your room on the last night, you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. I love it.

Add that $20 to the trip, thanks for letting me know!!

I do not want to do self assist, is it possible to make this flight?

Unless the entire ship is delayed by customs you can be the last person off the ship and make that flight with plenty of time to spare.

Unless the entire ship is delayed by customs you can be the last person off the ship and make that flight with plenty of time to spare.

Yes, I agree with you. We've had 11:30 flights home from Miami & have never had a problem making the flight.

We're booked in a couple of weeks to fly home from Miami on a 11:30 flight. Hope things are as smooth as in the past.

In November debarkation on Victory didn't begin until almost 9am due to delays by US Customs not clearing the ship and the gangway not being ready. I was the 20th person off the ship with self assist and priority debarkation and didn't make it to MIA until 10am. Although it's not the norm it's something to be mindful of, embarkation and debarkation at POM is not as quick as it used to be..

Yes indeed...you will likely be at the airport by 9am. No "precision" needed.

I agree. You could even take a Carnival transfer (which I wouldn't do). It is within the guidelines set by the cruise line so even if you miss your flight due to some fluke, your travel insurance should pay.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

Insurance usually will have a 3-6 hour window that you must adhere to for them to reimburse you missing your flight. They won't cover you if you book a flight to hard to catch.

Yes that is correct. However, Carnival recommends flights from 12:00PM and beyond. Therefore, you should be covered.

Depends on the day (weekday vs. weekend) and other factors. Without self-assist you'll be cutting it close because you have to account for;

• The line to get off the ship
  • The time it takes for your bags to arrive off the ship (could be quick or it could take forever)
  • The line to get through US Customs (I've seem some crazy long lines at POM)
  • The line for the cab
  • The line to check your bags at the airport
  • The line for airport security
  • The walk to your terminal

A 12:30pm flight without self-assist is doable, but you'll have to plan your escape from the ship and port with precision.

It's more than doable. It would be rare to not make a flight at that time almost no matter when you got off the ship.