Celebrity Web Site

sayvan

Is anyone having problem accessing their reservations when on the Celebrity web site? I keep getting a message that says "The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation". it's been like that for the last few days. We are sailing in 15 days and I can't seem to access my documents to print off...

Is anyone having problem accessing their reservations when on the Celebrity web site? I keep getting a message that says "The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation". it's been like that for the last few days. We are sailing in 15 days and I can't seem to access my documents to print off...

Lots of threads about this. The web site has had continuous issues now for years! Actually not quite but frequent>

The good news is do not fret. Wait a couple days and try again. You do not need to print off anything other than the invoice from Celebrity or your TA and bring a passport and credit card to check in and board. When the site has issues only a couple minutes longer to do everything on the dock. We never bother with luggage tags as those too will be attached as you arrive at the pier. If your TA has provided additional OBC bring something in writing from them showing Celebrity perks and their additional OBC.

No, not having any challenges with accessing the site over the last three (3) days AND accessing reservation and Cruise Planner where I purchased a few products during this time.

bon voyage

I have had this problem for over a week While Celebrity has tried to give me a work around, it hasn't worked. We are sailing next Sunday. I'm not going to complain, I simply wanted to register my comment. The luggage tags that were ordered over too weeks ago haven't arrived. While they are a nice touch they are not necessary. However these nuisances become a reflection on Celebrity and RCI.

I have been having the same problem. I finally called Celebrity and they said my booking had been locked. She said they unlocked it and I was able to look at one item and then when I switched to look at another item, I was unable. Been that way for over a week. I can't book any excursions or anything. I like to have all of this taken care of before I get on board. I just decided I wouldn't book anything with Celebrity. I can't believe their website is this bad. She said they had brought a new team in to look at it. Really??

I was just about the post the same query. Haven't had access for over 3 weeks. My TA at Celebrity inquired and said it was 'locked' and Systems were working on the problem. I wonder if it's just Canadians (looking at addresses in these notes)? Cruise isn't until March but I'd like to book some excursions, etc.

Try to access it using Chrome browser, we'd had a better results using it.

I was just about the post the same query. Haven't had access for over 3 weeks. My TA at Celebrity inquired and said it was 'locked' and Systems were working on the problem. I wonder if it's just Canadians (looking at addresses in these notes)? Cruise isn't until March but I'd like to book some excursions, etc.

You might be onto something with the Canadians angle...I have a b2b booked and fortunately got my online checkin completed about a month ago. Over two weeks ago I had trouble accessing either reservation, then a few days later both reservations disappeared completely! I called Celebrity who said everything appeared fine at their end and they would send the file over to the IT dept...well, next day my reservations are back online however I haven't been able to access the first one at all since...keep getting the message that the reservation is currently being modified and to check back in 20 minutes. My TA was able to order the luggage tags for our first leg but now I'm wondering if we'll ever even get them...we don't leave for another month so maybe it'll sort itself by then?

Cathy

Every time we try to access our reservations, we get a "Check back in 15 minutes" message (or something similar.) I'm reasonably sure that there's a database change for linked reservations that didn’t commit (technical term) but it hasn't cleared in months. I wrote to the Celebrity website tech support people, but I think that the ticketing system just empties into the trash. We're not trying to do anything critical, but it's weird that the problem hasn't cleared up in more than 100 days.

Follow up...problem is "everywhere" according to Captains Club. They seem to be swamped with questions re this problem. Forwarding a 'ticket' to Systems; hoping something will resolve in next little while.

Follow up...problem is "everywhere" according to Captains Club. They seem to be swamped with questions re this problem. Forwarding a 'ticket' to Systems; hoping something will resolve in next little while.

Please post if you get a response. Also, if you don't mind, please check under your response to see if my ticket is wedged up under there. It's probably on crumpled, yellowed paper with a thick layer of dust.

Unable to access one of my reserved cruises since Wednesday. Spoke with phone reps several times and they could not unlock reservation. Also tried to book another cruise and got the error message that cabins are not available despite them being listed on the landing page. It is unbelievable that there are so many ongoing IT issues. I have never dealt with a major company whose website is so bad. Someone needs to be held accountable.

Yes, that happens (often). Most people on here know the Celebrity web site has been brutal for many years. I can't understand what such a large cruise ship company can't pay a decent web designer to create a working web site. They redid it a few years ago but continued to have problems.

Please post if you get a response. Also, if you don't mind, please check under your response to see if my ticket is wedged up under there. It's probably on crumpled, yellowed paper with a thick layer of dust.

hahaha! best to have a sense of humour!

You would think that in the 21st century Celebrity would have a better handle on their IT. This is truly a frustration for clients (and travel agents as well).

There are some on this board who lament the "negative" nature of many postings. I say the Celebrity web site is dysfunctional and disrespectful to customers and is, without a doubt, a longstanding and indefensible negative.

It is ironic that they have no difficulty sending numerous promotional e-mails.

Well... I am glad to see the problem is just not on my end but sorry for all of you suffering the same as I am with this. I tried to call celebrity today and spent 45 minutes on hold then I just gave up. We are on a back to back and I can access the documents for the first leg but nothing for the second and at this point with less than 7 days to go I am starting to not care! Once I am on the ship good luck getting me off the ship at the end of the first[emoji41]! 20 days of sailing and a full pictorial review to follow! Thanks for all the replies!

Edited by sayvan

Since our cruise that leaves a month from today (Yeah!) is a charter, we just got our booking number tonight.

I was able to go on, buy our beverage packages and look over the shore excursions with no issue. I then left the X website to talk over our various options with DW. When i went back to book a shore excursion and to fill in the on-line check in info I got the "Try again in 20 minutes" message. Tried again in 20 min and no deal. An hour later and I was in.

I should only need to go back on there to print out luggage tags, so I think i got off easy!