Princess charging admin fee for Visas

Beanb41

It has been reported on another CC forum that Princess are charging an admin fee of $US25 for a $US35 visa for Indonesia. Can anybody confirm that or otherwise?

The Indonesia visa sticky stamp was marked $35US and we were charged $44.95 AUD which is a bit more than the correct exchange rate at the time

I think that Indonesia have just upped the prices

http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/index.php/visa-service-kbri-canberra/visa/tourist-visa

Now quoting AU$70.

That is a 60 day visa the normal 30 day is $35us or they charge $55 to $56 if you pay in au

At the Bali airport so $44.95 is good .

But I think they asked if there was a admin fee as well as the $35us

Edited by just hooked

It has been reported on another CC forum that Princess are charging an admin fee of $US25 for a $US35 visa for Indonesia. Can anybody confirm that or otherwise?

I can confirm that Princess is charging $60 USD per person for an Indonesian visa.

Indonesia visas cost $35 so I guess the rest is an admin charge.

I had originally accepted Princess contract for my cruise for $35 USD for the visa and then they have since sent me a charge for $60 USD for the same visa. I guess contracts don't mean much anymore. :rolleyes:

Edited by victravellers

• 4 months later...

Received confirmation from Princess today that the visa fee into Indonesia has been scrapped for some additional countries, including Australia, but that Princess will charge a $25 admin fee for the visa-free stamp! Does that sound a bit money-grabbing to anyone else, especially when the admin fee for entry into Vietnam on the same cruise for a UK passport holder is $1, plus a landing fee of $1?

What are the other ways you can get the visa? Is it necessary to get the visa prior to arrival? What hoops do you have to jump through? Perhaps the fee and allowing to let Princess do the work is worth it. Research can give you answers. Cruise Critic members have a lot of information but we might not be the source in this case.

There is now no visa fee at all for Indonesia Aussies included.

When arriving to benoa by cruise ship whether you leave the ship or not you have to pay princess $25.00 per person which equates to a huge cash grab. This grab by princess is a Rort imo.

There is now no visa fee at all for Indonesia Aussies included.

When arriving to benoa by cruise ship whether you leave the ship or not you have to pay princess $25.00 per person which equates to a huge cash grab. This grab by princess is a Rort imo.

There were no charges to our account related to our port stop in Bali on our recent Golden cruise. We received a notice advising us that visas were no longer required for any passengers on that cruise.

Hi,

Since 2015 (?) , Aussies, NZ and Americans no longer need an Indonesian visum BUT Princess still collects US$25 just to collect the passports. If it is a 3,000 pax ship, then this represents a cash grab of US$75,000!

We have been on cruises, where the country demanded Princess collects all passports for stamping BUT there was no extra charge for the privilege. What an insult!

Regards

Domwild

Edited by domwild
Left out Aussies

I wonder if that still applies as of today. This was the message received by email and posted in the booking section of My Princess yesterday (May 9, 2016):

Please be advised the Indonesian visa policy has recently changed. Most guests, including U.S., Canadian, U.K., Australian, and New Zealand passport holders, qualify for a visa-free entry stamp. A service fee of $25 per person will be charged to your stateroom account.

It will be interesting to hear of anyone returning from a Princess cruise that took in Indonesia in the coming weeks as to what is now the practice. [emoji848]

I wonder if that still applies as of today. This was the message received by email and posted in the booking section of My Princess yesterday (May 9, 2016):

Please be advised the Indonesian visa policy has recently changed. Most guests, including U.S., Canadian, U.K., Australian, and New Zealand passport holders, qualify for a visa-free entry stamp. A service fee of $25 per person will be charged to your stateroom account.

It will be interesting to hear of anyone returning from a Princess cruise that took in Indonesia in the coming weeks as to what is now the practice. [emoji848]

All I can say is I was in Indonesia with Princess about a month ago and there was no processing or service fee. What would the fee be for if there is no visa anymore. Unless its something new they have introduced in the past month. If so, its a crock because what is the service provided??

All I can say is I was in Indonesia with Princess about a month ago and there was no processing or service fee. What would the fee be for if there is no visa anymore. Unless its something new they have introduced in the past month. If so, its a crock because what is the service provided??

I received the email yesterday for Indonesia. Saying there will be a $25 processing fee for the free visa. My cruise is in December 2016. As per below

f93999f6b1683553deb3a5d2ff8bc686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Pushka

Sounds like its a new notification. Not sure how Princess can justify a processing fee for a non visa.

Totally agree. Will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like its a new notification. Not sure how Princess can justify a processing fee for a non visa.

The notice mentions visa-free entry stamp. Unless Princess does not secure the stamp on the passport from Indonesian authorities, I also think there is no process to pay for a fee.

Hi friends,

Carnival Cruises just sent me a "special invitation", so I replied because of their visa fee I will consider looking at their competitor's choices. Am booked on Dawn Princess (31 July) and will speak to the purser, who will shrug his shoulders, as San Francisco has made the choice for him. It is also "drip pricing" if additional fees arise after one has put the deposit down.

Perhaps the ABC TV "Checkout" in their "FU Tube" segment should hear about it, in addition to Princess' US0.80c/min Internet!

It sounds to me that while there is no fee (payment to the government) you still must have a visa to enter the country which Princess is obtaining for you. It is just that the government no longer charges for the visa but a visa is still needed.