Capt Club Reduced Deposit

Cruzinram

There have been times when we booked a cruise with a TA and they charged full deposit, even though Celebrity was having a CC reduce deposit special.

BTW - Being a Captains Club member doesn't mean you automatically get a reduced deposit. These specials are offered periodically by Celebrity, however.

Have gotten the reduced deposit booking thru Celebrity and then transferring to my TA. I often book on board so get things straight with Celebrity. My TA then offers additional OBC.

TAs actually hate Celebrity because the deals they offer are so complicated. We should actually be angry at the marketing person who thinks these convoluted deals up.

Just recently booked two cruises with our TA and paid $900 deposit on each cruise. We usually book while on board and the deposit is $200. We are Elite Plus so unless Celebrity is running a special promotion, be prepared to pay a higher deposit.

I placed a hold on the just released Mardi Gras sailing on the Reflection Feb 9, 2018. I have the Infinity booked this May, so I will probably look at getting a better deal on board this sailing for the MardiGras sailing, and cancel the one on hold that I will most likely book, just to make sure I have a cabin on this sailing. I think it will sell fast.

Just recently booked two cruises with our TA and paid $900 deposit on each cruise. We usually book while on board and the deposit is $200. We are Elite Plus so unless Celebrity is running a special promotion, be prepared to pay a higher deposit.

Booked onboard and paid a $200 deposit. Then switched to a TA and had to pay another $900.

$25 deposit is this weekend. And yes you should be able to book through a TA

depends....if you book at the Celebrity price and with the Celebrity perks, then you can book with the reduced deposit. Some TA's offer the same cruises with extra perks...eg. an additional OBC....and sometimes they do this by getting a group discount rate. If you book at the group rate for the extra perk, then you almsot always have to pay the normal/full deposit.

Nothing is easy...

Edited by ghstudio

Just a heads up here. As CC Elite members we tried to take advantage of 50% reduced deposits offered when the new schedules were introduced. However we were not able to qualify on one cruise because we booked a Celebrity Suite. On the other hand we did receive a 50% reduced deposit for booking an S1 Sky Suite on a different cruise. We were told that "premium" suites (CS and above) never qualify for reduced deposits. I'm not sure if this is stated in small print somewhere.

Celebrity isn't doing the "reduced deposit" thing out of generosity. One of the important metrics to stockholders (that a company can manipulate) is "future bookings". What better way to show that future bookings are strong and/or up.....bribe those folks to make multiple "just in case" bookings with a $25 deposit. It also creates the illusion that the ships are filling up so you have to book now and at higher prices. Of course it all potentially falls apart (just) prior to final payment when those "held just in case" bookings get cancelled...but that's not today's problem...and maybe Lisa will have another job by then...etc.

Those folks with the green eyeshades are creative....

Edited by ghstudio