Celebrity website

tercar

It has been weeks since I can get into my reservation to shop for shore excursion, order luggage tags and print eDocs.

I have waited twice to speak to a reservation agent about my inability to access my reservation. The first time I waited about 15 minutes to speak to a very courteous agent who told me to us Firefox (not Internet Explorer) Don't use the MyCelebrity feature only look up your booking using the reservation #. Don't use the back button and beside to sign out don't just close the window. REALLY!:eek:

I still was unable to access my reservation. I called again today. I was on hold for nearly an hour before I was able to speak to an agent. He said some of the same things and also that they have known bugs that their IT staff is working on. He told be an ETA for the fix was at least a week away! REALLY!:eek:

I am an IT guy and I would have lost my job had I installed software that has these kinds of flaws in it.

I leave in 5 weeks for a 35 day cruise with them and they are keeping me from buying shore excursions and booking specialty dinning.

HEY Celebrity FIX YOUR WEB SITE before you change anything else!

Phew...I feel better now..:o

It has been weeks since I can get into my reservation to shop for shore excursion, order luggage tags and print eDocs.

I have waited twice to speak to a reservation agent about my inability to access my reservation. The first time I waited about 15 minutes to speak to a very courteous agent who told me to us Firefox (not Internet Explorer) Don't use the MyCelebrity feature only look up your booking using the reservation #. Don't use the back button and beside to sign out don't just close the window. REALLY!:eek:

I still was unable to access my reservation. I called again today. I was on hold for nearly an hour before I was able to speak to an agent. He said some of the same things and also that they have known bugs that their IT staff is working on. He told be an ETA for the fix was at least a week away! REALLY!:eek:

I am an IT guy and I would have lost my job had I installed software that has these kinds of flaws in it.

I leave in 5 weeks for a 35 day cruise with them and they are keeping me from buying shore excursions and booking specialty dinning.

Celebrity has recently given up and turned to an outside company to assist. Celebrity website has has issues for years! Two comments - using a TA avoids the hassle and absolutely positively sign out every time you get on the website otherwise you are often locked out of several feature.

Celebrity has used lots of different IT people. Should have gone outside long ago!

PS - as to luggage tags - just show up at the pier and the porter will tag them for you. as to excursions - simply make sure you are logged out and go to your cruise and explore the excursions. do not need to be logged in to see them. as to specialty dining - if you wait until you board you both can use your OBC and get a better deal as bigger discounts have been offered on all my 14 cruises with Celebrity..

Edited by az_tchr

I was told to not go to manage my reservation but to the top already booked tab and reserve excursions from there or to call them to make the reservations. The person I spoke to said that the website has been a problem for so long and doesn't know when it will be fixed...I ordered luggage tags directly from her.....

Hi there I'm pleased it's not only me! We leave next Friday and I can't print express pass I'm hoping this can be done at the port.

The website has been bad for me since before Christmas and spent an hour on the phone with Celebrity yesterday...got it fixed. Today, dead again.

The guy said that there would be a major update this coming week and 2 more planned for the next week.

I cannot make changes to my profile. I cannot access my reservation to add any excursions. I could not upgrade my drink package. I cannot order luggage tags (and neither could the Celebrity Rep) and I cannot get any flight information (I am on an all inclusive package through their website).

I spoke with them today and they cannot do anything on the weekend and have to call back Monday.

Far and away a horrendous website for a huge business like Celebrity. I agree with gilladj, if the folks int he IT department are not fired, they certainly should be. In today's, age, websites are integral to good business practices and poor websites can be indicative of serous issues within a company.

Hey Pete - Agree with you and those who were hired for the last round of changes are gone.

As for excursions - the good part is few others can order them either so you can simply do it on board. As for upgrading the drink package it has been widely discussed to wait until you are on board and try classic for a day. If you it find does not work then upgrade and you can use any OBC to pay for it.

For the Express Pass and luggage tags - has not been worth more than one or two attempts on line for YEARS - you simply show up with a contract or something showing your cabin number and drop your bags. Then go inside and everything can be handled in about 5 minutes. Just be sure to bring your passport and a credit card even if you want to pay your account in cash.

I have been trying to make a reservation for the last week. I called, after 18 mins on hold, I finally talked to someone. She put me on hold to check something, I got a 'fax' signal & was disconnected. I called back, 22 minutes on hold, talked to someone for less than a minute when she put me on hold & again I was disconnected. Called back a 3rd time, 19 mins on hold, the 1st thing I said was please do not put me on hold. She made some of the changes & put a hold on a cruise & cabin for me so I could check with my daughter (we were buying the cruise as a gift). I confirmed the options and had to call Celebrity the next day - 24 mins on hold. When trying to complete the reservation, I was told that the record showed I called Celebrity only once but I hung up on the person & there were no notes & no holds. (I believe they noted I hung up one of the times I was disconnected.) Thank goodness I asked for a hold confirmation number. I asked for 6:00 seating and a table for 2 & was told that was fine. I also was told the CC number I had did not match her name & I had to call CC. After hanging up, I called CC - 59 mins 38 secs on hold. The CC number was correct (I knew it was, this is her 20th cruise), and they entered it to the booking. I asked her to check a couple things because I didn't trust anything at this point. The booking did show 6:00 dining, but at a table for 10 & there was a crib ordered for their cabin. I was on the phone no less than 6 hours for this one reservation. This is totally unacceptable. I really understand why some people would just hang up & call Princess.

I also just checked in for our up-coming cruise. When it got to the CC number, it kept telling me it didn't match my name. After this cruise we will be Elite-Plus so I know it is correct. The error message said I had to call on-line help. Again, 46 mins on hold, I was told to leave it blank because it was on the booking documents and continue the check-in. I asked the guy helping me if he knew how long people were waiting & he said 'Yep & we have over 250 more waiting on hold'. Celebrity has real issues - I can't believe no one has taken this seriously & done something.

For days now I have tried to browse excursion. My booking insisted that my reservation is being amended, this is driving me to despair, as anyone else had any similar problems?

Why wouldn't you just call Celebrity or their Captain's club ? Let them straighten things up for you. Even if someone else has the same problem as you, that won't help you. I am sailing on Feb 21, and have never had one glitch in booking excursions online.

Why wouldn't you just call Celebrity or their Captain's club ? Let them straighten things up for you. Even if someone else has the same problem as you, that won't help you. I am sailing on Feb 21, and have never had one glitch in booking excursions online.

TRUST ME YOU ARE THE LUCKY ONE RIGHT NOW!!!! But don't believe for a minute that you won't get "bit" by the X bug eventually....

I haven't been able to access my reservation for a month.... and YES have called Celebrity, have called Captain's Club have emailed "celebrity concerns" and NOBODY knows how to fix this..... This is a WIDESPREAD problem.... the FB page has people mentioning..... our roll call has someone who has had the issue for 8 MONTHS now.... and it is ESCALATING.....

I have one reservation that is COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE and another that I can get to....unfortunately it's the one that is for 2017....

I don't think it's "fixable" I think Celebrity's website is so filled with glitches and issues that the only solution is to start over...unfortunately that is costly and takes a lot of time....

I've given up ... I am making payments to my reservation via the phone and Captain's Club and I will also have them do my on line check in and email me my express pass...... as others I know are doing....sad.... that is NOT what those agents are supposed to be doing but we are left with no options.....:confused:

Edited by Gracie115

I wish the whole website would collapse to the point nothing was recoverable, nothing could be put back together using bailing wire and duct tape.

Apparently, that is the only thing that would make X actually spend the money to fix a terrible problem.

If I were the head of X, I'd be embarrassed to have that website as one of the faces of my company. But apparently, the heads of X aren't easily embarrassed. They'd rather have the money in the bank, rather than spend it to fix a huge problem.

Do you really think that a person would just try to use the website with continuous failures and not call Celebrity?

The point of the thread is to inform bout the problems with the website and that it is unreliable an therefore useless to accomplish even the smallest of tasks like booking an excursion.

I have called and was on the phone (including being on hold) for over an hour. Got the website working for me and then, a little while later, it was in failure mode again.

As stated, it seems that the website staff is being replaced with a company that can do the work and that several updates are coming in the next few weeks. This alone is an admission by Celebrity that their internal website management is a total failure.

Again, today, I will have to call them again so I can get luggage tag info and flight information. The website is once again down for modifications to my profile. By the way, my cruise is 6 February and all that data was supposed to be available 60 days prior to the cruise date (as it states in the website).

Oh and I am glad you have never had one glitch with your booking and the website. I hope it continues for you that way.

Edited by pete_coach

Do you really think that a person would just try to use the website with continuous failures and not call Celebrity?

The point of the thread is to inform bout the problems with the website and that it is unreliable an therefore useless to accomplish even the smallest of tasks like booking an excursion.

I have called and was on the phone (including being on hold) for over an hour. Got the website working for me and then, a little while later, it was in failure mode again.

As stated, it seems that the website staff is being replaced with a company that can do the work and that several updates are coming in the next few weeks. This alone is an admission by Celebrity that their internal website management is a total failure.

Again, today, I will have to call them again so I can get luggage tag info and flight information. The website is once again down for modifications to my profile. By the way, my cruise is 6 February and all that data was supposed to be available 60 days prior to the cruise date (as it states in the website).

Oh and I am glad you have never had one glitch with your booking and the website. I hope it continues for you that way.

Hey Pete Coach, have you read the posts from some people here on CC? The valid complaints are diluted by the many ridiculous things that people complain about. Yours is a valid point, BTW, are you really glad for me?????

It is probably a conspiracy by Celebrity against Canadians.

I would hate to be one of their telephone staff at the moment.....Trying to offer support and advice for a system that they know doesn't work.....trying to encourage us with the idea that we can telephone to book things....

I'll bet they want it fixed even more than we do!

Hey Pete Coach, have you read the posts from some people here on CC? The valid complaints are diluted by the many ridiculous things that people complain about. Yours is a valid point, BTW, are you really glad for me?????

It is probably a conspiracy by Celebrity against Canadians.

I have read the posts regarding the website complaints.

I have also read the posts about other complaints. The other complaints are really no matter in this thread or conversation so, are immaterial to the this topic.

Yes, I am very glad for you that you have been able to interact with and not been frustrated by the Celebrity website.

No conspiracy, just a very poorly constructed, operated and managed website. The internet has no National boundaries.

Well I have only just booked a cruise for next year but the My Celebrity is telling me that my Captains Club number is wrong and my profile needs changing and it cannot show my tier status?????

I have checked and all is correct so I will just watch and wait - I have plenty time thank fully to wait for the web site to be corrected.

Feeling the frustration for those who are travelling soon

Last cruise I wasn't listed as Elite. No big deal but I did get a little sticker put on my card to use for evening drinks.

They are too busy wasting money on new ads and ideas. Just out is a little 30 second trailer titled Marco-Polo, geniuses at work.. LOL

OMO

bosco

Knock Wood because I have had very few problems with the web site for my current booking. I was just in there again to check on things and all is accessible and correct.

I did have this issue with the booking be unavailable a few times, but within 15 mins all was well.

I have seen some folks recommend to be sure you are logged out completely each time because if not that could create problems the next time you go back.

I have read the posts regarding the website complaints.

I have also read the posts about other complaints. The other complaints are really no matter in this thread or conversation so, are immaterial to the this topic.

Yes, I am very glad for you that you have been able to interact with and not been frustrated by the Celebrity website.

No conspiracy, just a very poorly constructed, operated and managed website. The internet has no National boundaries.

You are a pretty serious guy , no levity in your responses.

I do agree with you 100% about your descriptions of their website and management. I did just go a few minutes ago to my reservation and everything was available including documents and ability to print luggage tags for our Feb trip. Also the reservation for excursions was working fine , as I made a mock booking to check it. I use a chromebook for this.

I do agree with you 100% about your descriptions of their website and management. I did just go a few minutes ago to my reservation and everything was available including documents and ability to print luggage tags for our Feb trip. Also the reservation for excursions was working fine , as I made a mock booking to check it. I use a chromebook for this.

The point here is that all of us, at one point or another, were able to do the same and that now, many of us, can't...no matter how you access it.... Chrome makes no difference....

Until the "bug" hits your own reservation you really won't understand.... AND I sincerely hope it never does....because it's a pain in the rear having to sit on hold to get through to someone at Celebrity....

The point here is that all of us, at one point or another, were able to do the same and that now, many of us, can't...no matter how you access it.... Chrome makes no difference....

Until the "bug" hits your own reservation you really won't understand.... AND I sincerely hope it never does....because it's a pain in the rear having to sit on hold to get through to someone at Celebrity....

Bananawindnj:

I have not been able to access any part of the site except to book a cruise as if it was the first time. This has been over a month. If you haven't walked in our shoes, best not to comment on how successful you have been.

Edited by oceangoer2

I would hate to be one of their telephone staff at the moment.....Trying to offer support and advice for a system that they know doesn't work.....trying to encourage us with the idea that we can telephone to book things....

I'll bet they want it fixed even more than we do!

I SO agree with you. One poster mentioned staff said they had 250 waiting on hold (probably with this kind of problem). And can you imagine onboard when all those who can't access the excursion or any other pertinent link, try to book at cruise services? A nightmare situation. I'm sure X wants it fixed more than we do, even though we're truly inconvenienced. Maybe there'll be some good news soon.

Edited by oceangoer2

Why serious? Just stating facts. This is a discussion and a lack of a smiley face does not mean there is no "levity".

Just for your information purposes, as I stated before, I have a Mac and have used Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers. None have worked. I also went on a PC and used Internet Explorer. None worked.

I called again today and the Captains Club rep apologized and said they were experiencing problems...he even had problems with my account and asked me to call back on Thursday.

So, just for you, for levity, here is a :)

Again, glad things are working for you.

Edited by pete_coach