Sky Suites and Michaels Lounge

cdnhockeyfan

I'm getting conflicting information about Sky Suites and Michael's Club. I've been reading that Sky Suite guests will now be given access to Michael's Club. I also read that Sky Suite guests will no longer receive two free specialty dinners. However, when I spoke to a Celebrity rep yesterday, she told me that Sky Suite guests don't have access to Michael's Club and still receive two free dinners at specialty restaurants.

Can anyone clarify with certainty the current policy?

From Celebrity's web site. http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

Since we booked a 2016 cruise last year under the old policy, when the specialty dinners were still included, would we still be getting the complimentary specialty restaurant dinners?

Yes. This was confirmed on the Celebrity Facebook page on 18th November last year and it better be true as we have 2 cruises in 4 weeks time. Take a screen shot of the Facebook page and save it somewhere you can access on the cruise.

Yes. This was confirmed on the Celebrity Facebook page on 18th November last year and it better be true as we have 2 cruises in 4 weeks time. Take a screen shot of the Facebook page and save it somewhere you can access on the cruise.

On board the Silhouette 7-night Eastern Caribbean now in a sky suite. As suite guests our first specialty dinner was comped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Only slightly off topic, but..

Since the MC concierge is not an officer would it be appropriate (based on services provided) to offer the MC concierge a gratuity at the end of the cruise. The answer for the server is obviously yes, but I was wondering about the Concierge.

What do others normally do?

Thank you.

If the concierge has preformed something significant then absolutely would give a gratuity.

Also if you booked with specialty dinner included bring something that proves it just like you would do for any offer. All cruise lines have communication issues. Something in writing make resolution quick and easy and in your favor.

I have read that you cannot get the small Martinis in the Martini Bar. Is this a ship by ship thing? I have experienced that even with the premium package, you could not get the large Martinis in other bars (ensemble for example), only the small one (Reflection, one year ago).

The small Martini's aren't the same- they seem to use different liquor and the better martini's using premium alcohol are covered under the premium package. IMO a real difference and worth the extra money- we all like Pelligrino and other upgraded water- The cost really is about 12 pp per day and IMO well worth it!

The small Martini's aren't the same- they seem to use different liquor and the better martini's using premium alcohol are covered under the premium package. IMO a real difference and worth the extra money- we all like Pelligrino and other upgraded water- The cost really is about 12 pp per day and IMO well worth it!

Agree 100%, and I always upgrade, as much for the flexibility of ordering higher priced wines by the glass and only having to pay the small difference, as for the Martinis.

I can't seem to find anything on their FB page from that date. What is the Date in the header/main message? Are you talking about this FB site: 'Celebrity Cruises Travel/Leisure'?

I can't seem to find anything on their FB page from that date. What is the Date in the header/main message? Are you talking about this FB site: 'Celebrity Cruises Travel/Leisure'?

I cant find it now either

This is a link to the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2281462&highlight=sky+suites+speciality&page=2 but the facebook link does not take you to the posting.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I cant find it now either

This is a link to the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2281462&highlight=sky+suites+speciality&page=2 but the facebook link does not take you to the posting.

Ok, thanks, I thought I might have been on the wrong FB site. Anyway, I have the 'Also included is 2 specialty dining nights' on my invoice from the TA and I'll have a printout of that along so I guess I'm not too worried about it. Thanks!

This is what I received when conversing with Christina from Celebrity.

Sky Suites still receive specialty dining if the cruise booked before 1st January 2016.

Welcome bottle of Blanc de Blanc wine.

Michaels' Club facilities and concierge.

Christina sent me through a full list which I can e-mail to you if you like, or if you are on Facebook - feel free to add me as a friend.

Cheers,

Marita:)

You're more than welcome. Since until recently it was only higher category suites, Zeniths and VIPs that is the way it was. With the addition of Sky Suites they may feel they need to limit the selection a bit.

Do Sky Suites have access to Michael's now? We have an upcoming cruise in three weeks, and when we booked it in Nov., 2014, Sky Suites did not have access to Michael's. Wow, it's difficult to keep up with all the changes on X!

Do Sky Suites have access to Michael's now? We have an upcoming cruise in three weeks, and when we booked it in Nov., 2014, Sky Suites did not have access to Michael's. Wow, it's difficult to keep up with all the changes on X!

Yes, they do have access now.

If the specialty dining comp for Sky Suites is still in effect for bookings made prior to January, 2016, I wonder if they would exclude us from Michael's Club since we booked prior to Jan., 2016? I'm confused.:confused:

You will get Michael's in a Sky Suite

and you will get your two free dinners if booked before the end of 2015.

One has nothing to do with the other.

So relax and enjoy!

Another issue with Celebrity. My DH and I recently sailed on the Silhouette. While we loved it and were in a beautiful Celebrity Suite, nobody told us about the two free dinners! I was of the impression we were only entitled to one! It isn't very nice of celebrity not to automatically remove the charge from our bill. We dined in three specialty restaurants and were charged for two!

Another non related issue is that we booked the celebrity suite about one month changing it from a sky suite, we paid the current rate and didn't get any discount. Celebrity refused to give us the "points" associated with a celebrity suite! We called the captains club and the representative was very nasty- maybe we will become Royal regulars in the future.

Shame on you celebrity!!