Majestic @ Fincantieri, Monfalcone

need2cruisesoon

It'll be interesting to see if there is more painting of the hull. :(

Princess sent out surveys several months ago with proposed designs for painting the hull & I preferred no change. Apparently they decided that the Asian market needed a design on the Majestic's hull but hopefully the remainder of the hull will be nothing like NCL's hulls. ;)

I hope that's the extent of the hull painting. I also wonder if the interior is being designed with Feng Shui in mind.

Edited by Kenswing

It'll be interesting to see if there is more painting of the hull. :(

Princess sent out surveys several months ago with proposed designs for painting the hull & I preferred no change. Apparently they decided that the Asian market needed a design on the Majestic's hull but hopefully the remainder of the hull will be nothing like NCL's hulls. ;)

Yes that sea witch on the hull was one of the choices in the survey. Glad they chose it instead of some of the other gaudy choices.

This article has a good forward shot...

http://www.ilfriuli.it/articolo/Economia/Varata_a_Monfalcone_la_prima_nave_da_crociera_per_il_mercato_cinese/4/151641

It 'was launched today at Fincantieri's shipyard in Monfalcone, "Majestic Princess", the third unit of the class Royal Princess, built for the shipping company Princess Cruises, a brand of Carnival Group. Will start in the phase of the internal arrangements which will lead to the delivery of the ship in spring 2017.

The ceremony was attended by the owner Keith Taylor, executive vice president of fleet operations for Holland America Group, the Carnival group division that controls various brands including Princess Cruises, while Fincantieri, among others, Attilio Dapelo, director of the shipyard Monfalcone. Godmother to the ship was Mrs. Graziella Dussi Sagani, mother of the commander-designate of Dino Sagani ship.

Made on the basis of the project of the twin "Royal Princess" and "Regal Princess", built and delivered by the always isontino plant respectively in 2013 and 2014, ushering in a new generation of ships that have seen tremendous success in the audience of cruise passengers, the new unit will have a gross tonnage of 145,000 tons and can accommodate 4,250 passengers on board. "Majestic Princess", characterized by a new livery with the historic logo of Princess Cruises painted on both sides in the bow of the ship, the first unit will be designed and built specifically for the Chinese market with the construction of new onboard entertainment spaces created specifically for the tastes and habits of the Chinese passengers.

The ship, like those of the same class that have preceded it, will represent a new European and global technology benchmark for innovative layout, the extremely high performance and high quality of cutting-edge technical solutions and It will be the best proof that innovation and attention to customer relations are essential levers to affirm its leadership in the market and further consolidate the historical Fincantieri partnership with the Carnival Group, the world's first operator of the cruise industry.

Since 1990 Fincantieri has built 70 cruise ships today, including 47 since 2002, of which 33 produced in Monfalcone, while another 14 units are under construction or about to be built at the group.

Grazie, Google translate...

• 2 months later...
The ship photos are beautiful. Too bad it's specifically designed for the Chinese market. We won't see it here in the USA at all.

I still miss the Sapphire, Diamond and Golden.

If you look at the deck plans there is little difference between the Majestic and the Royal/Regal. There are a few unnamed restaurants that will probably have Chinese theme cuisine and Sabatini's isn't shown. The boutiques will probably have higher end merchandise. We have booked two weeks on her next Spring to check her out before she sails to China [emoji27]

• 3 months later...

I almost had DH talked into part of the repositioning to Asia, but he checked out the weather in June and nixed it. We live in Florida and he only likes to travel in COOL weather.

So, I can't find a site talking about the Asian itineraries once it gets to China.

I lived in China as a child, so I'm quite interested. We're doing the Diamond in Japan next year.