Majestic @ Fincantieri, Monfalcone

need2cruisesoon

Is there a paid area like the sanctuary where I can have a reserved bed, I love the sanctuary and book it usually for the whole cruise.

Since the Majestic hasn't sailed yet we're all speculating on the answer to your question. I searched online & on the Princess website & only found this general information about the Hollywood Conservatory. It's replacing the Sanctuary so it might have the option to reserve a bed for a fee.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/joyful-rejuvenation/hollywood-conservatory.html

It'll be interesting to learn if the Hollywood Pool Club will also have a fee now that it's covered. One of the problems with the Retreat Pool on the Royal & Regal was having a lot of wind & it did have covered cabanas available to rent.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/activities/hollywood-pool.html

Near the end of this video the Hollywood Conservatory doesn't show lounging beds to rent like in the Sanctuary.

http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/cruise-ships/majestic.html

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you think about it, the first cruise was supposed to be the one I'm on..the 4th April. We got notice that the ship would be ready early, hence the 31st March cruise was introduced. I'm sure they know what they're doing...well I hope so :)

The wife & I are booked on both the 31st March and 4th April cruise. Can't wait.

Translation of [/url]article in yesterday's Il Piccolo:

Panzano opens the Majestic even to children

Sunday open walkways for Carnival Majestic, the giant of the sea now in the home stretch of the shipowner delivery. For the first time ever, children under the age of 12 will be able to board. The initiative is primarily aimed at employees' children will allow small, subject to availability, to be able to see with their own eyes what creation has helped the dad or mom work.

Being children, the occasion does not naturally lend itself to a fresh naval unit visit to the construction site, and even less of an inspection of the plant in Panzano, however, that that day, festive, will see the frozen production, so that the initiative take place safely. But it will concern the vision of a show that will be set up specifically for mini-guests at the Majestic Theatre, which can hold nine hundred spectators.

Fincantieri will distribute three hundred invitations and each card will be directed to an accompanying person and a maximum of two children. The meeting place on foot, for the check point, is between 14.30 and 15.30. So pick up a bus companions and children alongside to introduce them to the show.

The show will begin at 16 and will last about an hour. At the end of Fincantieri, which organized quest'inedito appointment obviously in agreement with the shipowner, he has also prepared a break for a snack, during which pop out two animators, in charge of entertaining the kids with some more initiative in the name of 'joy and fun. So the bottom line and return at 17.30, when all will come down to the ground. There shall be one round, for the artistic representation that will liven up the stage.

"It treatment explains the company - an initiative that for the first time is realized here in Monfalcone, also aims to re-create a collective spirit and community." In fact, the children being on a brand new ship can be an unmissable adventure, but above all an opportunity to understand what it is directed towards the Daily parental commitment. In this way we can say that, for once, the pre-view will not be dedicated to the press or to insiders, but to childhood. Usually, in fact, the ceremonial visit to yet another giant of the sea is closed to children under 15 years.

Translation of article in yesterday's Il Piccolo:

Panzano opens the Majestic even to children

Sunday open walkways for Carnival Majestic, the giant of the sea now in the home stretch of the shipowner delivery. For the first time ever, children under the age of 12 will be able to board. The initiative is primarily aimed at employees' children will allow small, subject to availability, to be able to see with their own eyes what creation has helped the dad or mom work.

Being children, the occasion does not naturally lend itself to a fresh naval unit visit to the construction site, and even less of an inspection of the plant in Panzano, however, that that day, festive, will see the frozen production, so that the initiative take place safely. But it will concern the vision of a show that will be set up specifically for mini-guests at the Majestic Theatre, which can hold nine hundred spectators.

Fincantieri will distribute three hundred invitations and each card will be directed to an accompanying person and a maximum of two children. The meeting place on foot, for the check point, is between 14.30 and 15.30. So pick up a bus companions and children alongside to introduce them to the show.

The show will begin at 16 and will last about an hour. At the end of Fincantieri, which organized quest'inedito appointment obviously in agreement with the shipowner, he has also prepared a break for a snack, during which pop out two animators, in charge of entertaining the kids with some more initiative in the name of 'joy and fun. So the bottom line and return at 17.30, when all will come down to the ground. There shall be one round, for the artistic representation that will liven up the stage.

"It treatment explains the company - an initiative that for the first time is realized here in Monfalcone, also aims to re-create a collective spirit and community." In fact, the children being on a brand new ship can be an unmissable adventure, but above all an opportunity to understand what it is directed towards the Daily parental commitment. In this way we can say that, for once, the pre-view will not be dedicated to the press or to insiders, but to childhood. Usually, in fact, the ceremonial visit to yet another giant of the sea is closed to children under 15 years.

Thanks for your translation.

Tom😁

For Dides

We too are booked onto the 31st March sailing and NCL Jade on 2 June!!

Hope to see you onboard.

Also, did anyone else get an email from Ms Schwartz today? In it she advises that it is a preview cruise so be ready for some things not to be ready!! She also advised that there will be a formal night on Saturday 1st April - yippee!!

For Dides, We too are booked onto the 31st March sailing and NCL Jade on 2 June!!

Hope to see you onboard.

Yes we are booked on 6 short cruises this year - guess we have really got the cruise bug! Hope to bump into you!

Digging out our smart gear now...

Sandra and Chris

I also received an email today but it worried me as it was titled "Delayed Departure". Couldn't see anything specific in the message so rang Princess, who had no idea why it had that in the title. They assured me that it wasn't delayed - what a relief!

We intend to take just hand luggage (as both air carriers have a great record of loosing checked luggage), but now they've added a formal night we'll have to squash things up a bit to get DHs dinner suit in! Will have to be "ruthless" in my packing as I always managed to overpack.

Sooooo looking forward to this cruise and to seeing the brand new ship for the first time. Really appreciate the photos Sidari.

need2cruisesoon you have really spoiled us. Looks familiar but with slight differences, e.g. the chandelier in the atrium is different to the Royal / Regal and it's missing the gold globe light fittings that always have the bulbs out. Interesting to see the covered pool too. Glad they went with white tiling of the Regal and not the blue of the Royal. Much classier.

We will be on board four weeks today :D and my partner (Frflatt on CC) will be doing a Live From and I'll hopefully be posting photos. Cannot wait :hearteyes: