Majestic @ Fincantieri, Monfalcone

need2cruisesoon

The photo of the aft is not that clear but it appears to show London rather than Hamilton which would mean the Majestic will be registered in England rather than Bermuda.

I believe that Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess are also registered in the UK, probably for tax purposes.

I believe that Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess are also registered in the UK, probably for tax purposes.
Yes, they were changed from Hamilton to London when they were homeported in Asia. There is obviously some advantage to Princess for making the change. Edited by IECalCruiser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, they were changed from Hamilton to London when they were homeported in Asia. There is obviously some advantage to Princess for making the change.

I believe you. There is even some information in the ta section

of the princess website that says registry: Bermuda and British

But, this page says that all princess ships are registered in Bermuda:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises-Fleet-Overview.html#.V7uJZCgrKUk

Princess -- delightfully inconsistent.

I just had to help someone get a bermuda seaman's book, so I had

looked this up last week...

I believe you. There is even some information in the ta section

of the princess website that says registry: Bermuda and British

But, this page says that all princess ships are registered in Bermuda:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises-Fleet-Overview.html#.V7uJZCgrKUk

Princess -- delightfully inconsistent.

I just had to help someone get a bermuda seaman's book, so I had

looked this up last week...

I remember a conversation with a Staff Captain on the Sapphire shortly before she left for Asia. He said there was a ceremony coming up for the ship to add the UK flag. So as stated there must be some kind of advantage.

Seems they don't update thinks when they change.

• 1 month later...
I remember a conversation with a Staff Captain on the Sapphire shortly before she left for Asia. He said there was a ceremony coming up for the ship to add the UK flag. So as stated there must be some kind of advantage.

Seems they don't update thinks when they change.

FWIW, Wikipedia shows the Diamond and Sapphire flagged in the UK but still shows the Majestic flagged in Bermuda. Also noticed that the 2019 fourth Royal class ship would be named the Fair Sky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In 2011 Cunard [that most British of cruise lines] reflagged all their ships in Bermuda -- and one of the stated benefits was that their Captains are now allowed to perform weddings at sea.

In 2011 Cunard [that most British of cruise lines] reflagged all their ships in Bermuda -- and one of the stated benefits was that their Captains are now allowed to perform weddings at sea.
I believe that is one of the reasons for most Princess being flagged in Bermuda because they make a big deal about their weddings at sea and shipped flagged n other countries could not offer that.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Stumbled across this picture: it was supposedly taken today Sept. 28, 2016 of Majestic Princess:

Large version here:

Taken by user Konjhodzic

29960794766_607449a462_b_d.jpg

(Image credit user Konjhodzic fleetmon.com)

Here you go again Dave....:p

FWIW, Wikipedia shows the Diamond and Sapphire flagged in the UK but still shows the Majestic flagged in Bermuda. Also noticed that the 2019 fourth Royal class ship would be named the Fair Sky.

Hi Brian,

The article given as a citation doesn't specifically mention the new ship having been officially named even though the Wikipedia entry clearly calls the ship 'Fair Sky'.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/13433-carnival-announces-newbuilds-for-costa-princess-and-pao-australia.html

So, this means Royal 1 and Royal 2 were for "over here", Royal 3 is going to China, and Royal 4 is going to Australia?

:confused:

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hi Brian,

The article given as a citation doesn't specifically mention the new ship having been officially named even though the Wikipedia entry clearly calls the ship 'Fair Sky'.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/13433-carnival-announces-newbuilds-for-costa-princess-and-pao-australia.html

So, this means Royal 1 and Royal 2 were for "over here", Royal 3 is going to China, and Royal 4 is going to Australia?

:confused:

I know there was no citation and I found that interesting. The article says that there would be a new build for P&O Australia but there is no indication what market will be the basis for the fourth Princess Royal class design. The P&O new build appears to be based on the Costa new build and not a Royal class ship. Those ships will be 135,500 tons with 4,200 passengers while the 4th Princess Royal class ship will be 143,700 tons with 3,560 passengers.

I know there was no citation and I found that interesting. The article says that there would be a new build for P&O Australia but there is no indication what market will be the basis for the fourth Princess Royal class design. The P&O new build appears to be based on the Costa new build and not a Royal class ship. Those ships will be 135,500 tons with 4,200 passengers while the 4th Princess Royal class ship will be 143,700 tons with 3,560 passengers.

It'll be interesting to see where Royal 4 and Royal 5 are deployed. I'm not sure we need another one in the Caribbean, but getting one of those new ones would be sweet.

:D

I remember the uproar from Princess loyalists several years ago long before Royal Princess was christened in regards to the Seawitch on the starboard side of the funnel. On the screen grabs I took from the recent departure of Regal Princess from New York I had to double check that it was the same. If you recall, the uproar was that they had mounted the Seawitch (the Princess Cruises official logo) as is: with the hair 'flowing' to the right. Which meant, on the starboard side of the funnel, that had the hair 'flowing' forward. The horror! ;)

I just noticed on Majestic Princess that it now faces towards the stern of the ship, with the hair now 'flowing' aft. That'll make everyone happy. :D

P.S. It'll be interesting to see if they switch it on Royal Princess after she comes out of drydock.

:cool:

Edited by dmwnc1959

Weddings? Maybe good PR, but country of registration is ONLY

about taxation!

When grand entered service, it was flagged in bermuda to

allow the captain to perform marriages.

"Couples can choose to have a festive reception following their wedding in a number of the ship’s restaurants or public lounges. The program is available fleet wide with marriages performed by the captain under the legal authority of the ship’s Bermuda registry. Princess’ wedding program assists with all required paperwork associated with Bermuda regulations."

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises'-Nautical-Nuptials-Offer-Romantic-Start-to-a-Life-Together-.html#.V_KigygrKUk