Staggered check in for Port of Miami

FlaMommy75

Maybe?? We will see in a few weeks... I will keep you posted... We are also getting into spring break season so a lot of "once a year" cruisers who don't know things have changed!

It will settle down. People just need to follow directions, it worked in kindergarten and will work here as well. Sailed out of Miami twice last year and the over crowding in the terminal was insane. Staggered check in will def improve the process.

Well, we can certainly say one thing about it. Reading comprehension was not their strong suit. There is no way they are following times with that many people outside at that time. Show me another in two weeks.

I agree reading comprehension is a thing of the past as is rule following.

Started staggered check in today in Miami.... Wow, what an improvement! :rolleyes:

What time was this pic taken?

Regardless of what time it was, on the previous page of this thread, it states the dates in MARCH that staggered check in will be rolled out. It's not March. I rather doubt they changed it w/o notifying anyone.

Started staggered check in today in Miami.... Wow, what an improvement! :rolleyes:

I thought staggered check in did not start in Miami until March? Are you posting this picture to show how the staggered check in will alleviate lines like this?

Miami

Carnival Fantasy, 3/04/2016 until 11/04/2016 (repositions to Mobile)

Carnival Breeze, 3/06/2016 until 5/01/2016 (repositions to Galveston)

Carnival Sensation, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Glory, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Splendor, 3/20/16 and onwards

I have a cruise booked in Feb, 2017. I noticed on my cruise docs it says check in time 2.30-3.00. That seems like a really late check in time for a cruise a year away. Its on the Vista. I didn't get to pick my time, it just gave it to me. I've never boarded that late before. Don't know what we will do until then.

I have a cruise booked in Feb, 2017. I noticed on my cruise docs it says check in time 2.30-3.00. That seems like a really late check in time for a cruise a year away. Its on the Vista. I didn't get to pick my time, it just gave it to me. I've never boarded that late before. Don't know what we will do until then.

You have about a year to figure it out.

Call whoever you booked with and get that sorted out. That can't possibly be right for a cruise a year away. if you really are stuck with that time I'd be pissed off.

Log into Carnival and see if you can change it. Since it's still a year away, plenty of time slots should still be available. I'm thinking 2:30 may be the default time you're assigned if you don't make a selection.

They haven't begun offering the check-in time option on cruises that far out. I have a cruise booked out of Miami next year too. And so far, the option to pick your check-in time is not showing. It will probably open up later. Keep an eye out. I am.

Photo was taken today for the Breeze in Miami. They were in fact enforcing staggered check in and had several layers of checks. Priority entered to left at terminal.

I won't be to port of Miami till March 20 so hopefully they have stuff sorted out and streamlined for folks by then.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Edited by poz222

Photo was taken today for the Breeze in Miami. They were in fact enforcing staggered check in and had several layers of checks. Priority entered to left at terminal.

I won't be to port of Miami till March 20 so hopefully they have stuff sorted out and streamlined for folks by then.

If the website says staggered check in does not start until march, how could this have been staggered check in? No one would have selected or been assigned a time. So what were they enforcing?

Nobody leaving on the Breeze yesterday would have been checked in under the new staggered boarding since it hasn't started yet. Doesn't until next week. So like the previous poster asked, explain to me and everyone else how that pic show the staggered boarding process then?