Ovation: is she the poor relation?

The twice I phoned I got through really quickly, and the people that I spoke to were as helpful as they possibly could have been - ultimately saying I needed to go back to my TA, but at the same time saying it was all possible theoretically speaking. The problem with my TA was that although they phoned RCCL, they were charging me a ridiculous amount of money to change - nearly as much as what I paid!! Definitely persevere as Debs says. Good luck! :)

Private message me your TA just wondering if we have the same one not sure if you can mention them on here

If it is a UK agent and they are refusing to contact Royal Caribbean, you can always casually mention ABTA. I find that usually focuses their minds.

Corinna

I am back on Wednesday cant phone till then can you explain more re abta why does that make a difference think i will give you my details and let you ring them for me you seem to know what you are doing haha will you be my TA for my next cruise hahaha

I am back on Wednesday cant phone till then can you explain more re abta why does that make a difference think i will give you my details and let you ring them for me you seem to know what you are doing haha will you be my TA for my next cruise hahaha

ABTA stands for Association of British Travel Agents and is kind of the governing body for travel agents and tour operators. They have the right to slap fines on travel agents if they are in breach of their code of conduct. Not only that, but they publish the names of travel agents who have been fined and that is not the best publicity.

Here is a bit more information:

http://abta.com/about-us/who-we-are

This makes especially interesting reading:

http://abta.com/about-us/code-of-conduct

Unfortunately I am not a travel agent. Sometimes I do feel that my talents are wasted working for an airline as I love planning trips and people come to me for advise especially concerning cruises, Disney, Florida and California. However, fact is that I love my job and the company I work for and do not see the need to rock the boat.

Corinna

Its always the same story with UK agents . I went against my better judgement and booked before christmas for the 22nd April sailing only to find as soon as I had made final payment the price dropped from 699 to 499 for a balcony . The TA didnt want to know . RC just kept referring us back to the TA . Even if they had said they would add the soda package it would have at least been a gesture

Im back to booking very last minute from now on

I know and still no news on the Music hall, leaving it late.
I'm an agent based in Australia and was told by our business development manager (for RCI) that they originally spoke about not having the Music Hall, but they have apparently made the decision to leave it as part of Ovation.

I'm an agent based in Australia and was told by our business development manager (for RCI) that they originally spoke about not having the Music Hall, but they have apparently made the decision to leave it as part of Ovation.

Wow that's great news I do hope its true as my H loves live bands etc.

Currently got transatlantic on independence booked for 1st may but think I'm going to book barca to Dubai on ovation instead

Will I just lose the deposit I paid for independence?

It should cost you £150 to change ship and sailing date (transfer fee of £75.00 per person) as per the UK Ts&Cs

Anything over the £150 should be transferred to the new booking

https://www.myclubroyal.co.uk/assets/_rccl/pdf/Royal-CheatSheets-OV%20Dining.pdf

Confirms Dreamworks, Spectres and Dream. No mention of Music Hall.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. There is two bits of information on there that make me happy. The Dreamworks Experience that you mentioned is one, the mention of the Coca Cola Freestyle machines is the other. I like my fizzy drinks, but found the choice on the Splendour extremely limited. So having this will be great.

Corinna

Here's some news for you. One of the China legs got chartered. Probably not the news you were looking for.

The repositioning from Singapore to Sydney in November 2016 is also a charter.

We were looking at doing that cruise (me, myself and daughter) however the cost was ridiculous at $9,000 for a 15 night cruise in an oceanview cabin.

Instead we booked the Voyager OTS 14 night Sydney to Singapore in April 2017 for $5,200 for a Panoramic Oceanview and $200 OBC.

Whilst I'm sure Ovation would be a great experience the price difference is off the planet and frankly a money grab by the Charter company.

https://www.myclubroyal.co.uk/assets/_rccl/pdf/Royal-CheatSheets-OV%20Dining.pdf

Confirms Dreamworks, Spectres and Dream. No mention of Music Hall.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

According to their FB site, Rock the Boat are on the first few cruises

We will re-join the Anthem Feb 6th as already stated - but only for a couple of months as in April we'll debark and fly over to Bremerhaven, Germany and join the brand new Ovation. As with the Anthem last year we'll bring her to Southampton for the innaugurals. Then after a few weeks around Northern Europe we take a repositioning trip through the Med, down the Suez Canal to Dubai and India ending in Singapore in June.

They were in the Music Room on the Anthem, and it's a natural place for them to go.

According to their FB site, Rock the Boat are on the first few cruises
We will re-join the Anthem Feb 6th as already stated - but only for a couple of months as in April we'll debark and fly over to Bremerhaven, Germany and join the brand new Ovation. As with the Anthem last year we'll bring her to Southampton for the innaugurals. Then after a few weeks around Northern Europe we take a repositioning trip through the Med, down the Suez Canal to Dubai and India ending in Singapore in June.

They were in the Music Room on the Anthem, and it's a natural place for them to go.

That brings back memories of the Pyramid Lounge on Indy and will be a big + for our Ovation cruise whichever venue they are based in.

With just SIX WEEKS until the first cruise (April 14th) the silence is deafening!

Edited by icsys

We are on the 14th April cruise too, no info on shows, no dining bookable online. Just phoned RCCI- they didn't seem to know when dining would be available to book. People on the 17th April roll call have reported they have been able to book their dining for the past couple of weeks. So it's strange we can't book dining for the 14th April. I will just keep checking the website I suppose.

There won't be a Broadway show as she is off to Asia. Language issues.

They better pull that flyer then... could be false advertising :rolleyes:

Page 2 top left

I guess the show will be Broadway 'style', we will need to wait for more information about The Dream.

Edited by icsys

We are on the 14th April cruise too, no info on shows, no dining bookable online. Just phoned RCCI- they didn't seem to know when dining would be available to book. People on the 17th April roll call have reported they have been able to book their dining for the past couple of weeks. So it's strange we can't book dining for the 14th April. I will just keep checking the website I suppose.

We are sailing May 3rd and we have been able to book the dining for a few weeks now. Still no entertainment though.

Is it possible that Ovation is doing dining differently than the other Quantum ships?

Aggghh :eek: don't go there!

I dread that they have the 'one size fits all' menu at every restaurant like they did on Anthem....... I will be furious if they do.....:mad:

Can you elaborate on 'one size fits all'?

Can you elaborate on 'one size fits all'?

When we did the 3n on Anthem, they had one menu - the same menu - in all the restaurants. So many people complained....totally out of context to be sitting in Silk eating Beef Wellington..... or sitting in your finery in Grande eating a curry......their excuse was that because it was a short cruise and people would not have the time to sample all 4 DD restaurants, they chose the 'best' items from each menu and put together a single menu.

If I recall the menu was different every night, but still just a selection and not the full menu; but this is not what we were expecting.