Ovation: is she the poor relation?

They've just emailed me back saying they checked with RCCL and basically that price is purely for new bookings!! So I'm away to phone RCCL!

What sail date are you on as both myself and DolphinGirl have definitely got the drop in the past 24 hrs. Perhaps different price points for your cruise or they are just being awkward!!!

Edited by little britain

What sail date are you on as both myself and DolphinGirl have definitely got the drop in the past 24 hrs. Perhaps different price points for your cruise or they are just being awkward!!!

Hi, we're on the 10th May sailing from Barcelona to Dubai. I phoned RCCL & they told me that theoretically I could change categories - but only if it's due to the cruise price going down and not due to a promotion, which this is. Although not able to say to much the person I spoke to did say that our cabin was in a good location etc - so would probably hate to give it up and end up with a rubbish guarantee balcony. I would, however, like to try to get a larger inside if possible. Will get back to my TA and see what they say about that.

Doing the happy dance.....££££

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

I am glad that you got this sorted.

Hi, we're on the 10th May sailing from Barcelona to Dubai. I phoned RCCL & they told me that theoretically I could change categories - but only if it's due to the cruise price going down and not due to a promotion, which this is. Although not able to say to much the person I spoke to did say that our cabin was in a good location etc - so would probably hate to give it up and end up with a rubbish guarantee balcony. I would, however, like to try to get a larger inside if possible. Will get back to my TA and see what they say about that.

How very strange. I am on the same cruise and had no issues getting the lower price as long as I changed categories. I have however noticed that the promotion code on the original invoice and the new invoice is the same. Maybe it has something to do with this.

Corinna

.... say that our cabin was in a good location etc - so would probably hate to give it up and end up with a rubbish guarantee balcony..

LOL - I got put back into the Guarantee bucket and I've just been assigned the same cabin back again! I guess it is my lucky day.

From what DolphinGirl says she moved categories to get the balcony whereas you are already in a balcony and wanting the lower price. However this does not tally with what you were told, that the prices were for *New* bookings only - as DG is not a new booking but an existing booking which has been amended. I'd personally get onto your agent again to see if they get a different answer if they call again.

LOL - I got put back into the Guarantee bucket and I've just been assigned the same cabin back again! I guess it is my lucky day.

From what DolphinGirl says she moved categories to get the balcony whereas you are already in a balcony and wanting the lower price. However this does not tally with what you were told, that the prices were for *New* bookings only - as DG is not a new booking but an existing booking which has been amended. I'd personally get onto your agent again to see if they get a different answer if they call again.

Haha that would probably happen to me! No we're in an inside guarantee with virtual balcony, deck 10 so quite handy, but trying to change category to a guarantee balcony - without much success so far! I've emailed my TA once again (probably should have sat on my hands for 5mins first though:)) to say how disappointed I was, and if they wouldn't upgrade me to a balcony guarantee would they consider a larger inside cabin - I have slight mobility issues and will literally have to crawl onto the bed to get past - so will see what they come back with.

I am glad that you got this sorted.

How very strange. I am on the same cruise and had no issues getting the lower price as long as I changed categories. I have however noticed that the promotion code on the original invoice and the new invoice is the same. Maybe it has something to do with this.

Corinna

It is very strange. The guy I spoke to at RCCL was very nice & helpful, well as much as he could have been So I think it's my TA that's being awkward!

He's just got back to me saying they'd charge me to move to a larger inside and do I want a quote! You couldn't write a book about it!!

That really worked out well then. We are playing the waiting game at the moment and I am good with that.

Yes, we moved from an interior to a balcony to get the lower price and I am good with that, too. We had previously been assigned a large interior cabin on deck 11 forward and I was delighted with that assignment, but ultimately we are really easygoing and will be happy with whatever they assign us.

Corinna

The guarantee cabins arent part of the promotion anyway. I could have had a guarantee balcony 3rd May Ovation for £485pp but as we were getting the drinks package anyway , i selected ours for the same price as the guarantee & package.

I am impressed. Earlier on, I went into My Cruises and we have been assigned a cabin. We are deck 8 aft now. I preferred the old location somewhat, but not so much that I would have been willing to pay an extra £400 for the privilege. We also would have been right by Adventure Ocean and my husband was pretty nervous about this.

Corinna

I am impressed. Earlier on, I went into My Cruises and we have been assigned a cabin. We are deck 8 aft now. I preferred the old location somewhat, but not so much that I would have been willing to pay an extra £400 for the privilege. We also would have been right by Adventure Ocean and my husband was pretty nervous about this.

Corinna

Balcony cabin and £400 back, got to be a winner. :)

I was confused with the free drinks, which arent really free because you have to pay £1425 to get them, same as if you get guarantee and buy select package for two. We will have to make sure we get our moneys worth :D

I couldn't name any godmother of a ship except for Gloria Estefan for Empress. I think she is also one godmother of Oasis

And Princess Fiona!!

Perhaps she won't be named till Asia?

Just printed set sail and they didn't ask for a photo so that is another difference from her sisters.

It is very strange. The guy I spoke to at RCCL was very nice & helpful, well as much as he could have been So I think it's my TA that's being awkward!

He's just got back to me saying they'd charge me to move to a larger inside and do I want a quote! You couldn't write a book about it!!

Why don't you email them direct , I did and they were very helpful (use the form on the home page) . They gave me a list of available cabins (although I didn't want to move categories) but I would say that the balcony Guarantee is now the same price as the inside so you would like to change, as far as I can see that's nothing to do with the special offer. Worth a try.

Edited by debgreg

Why don't you email them direct , I did and they were very helpful (use the form on the home page) . They gave me a list of available cabins (although I didn't want to move categories) but I would say that the balcony Guarantee is now the same price as the inside so you would like to change, as far as I can see that's nothing to do with the special offer. Worth a try.

Thanks for that, I've just emailed so will wait & see what they say. If we end up in our original cabin it's absolutely not the end of the world. Thanks again.:)

Thanks for that, I've just emailed so will wait & see what they say. If we end up in our original cabin it's absolutely not the end of the world. Thanks again.:)

Fingers crossed. I cant see why they wouldn't as you don't get the free drinks, 50 % (by the way :rolleyes:) offer in Guarantee cabins anyhow, so they cant say its a special offer. Hope it works for you :)

Currently got transatlantic on independence booked for 1st may but think I'm going to book barca to Dubai on ovation instead

Will I just lose the deposit I paid for independence?

If you booked under UK rules, I believe you lose the deposit.

I have not heard anything back from my email to TA and i am in Spain till middle of next week so I am stuck til I get home :(
got the following email from TA yesterday :(

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate and understand your frustration regarding the new prices. Prices with in the travel industry are constantly fluctuating due to the nature of the business and demand. Unfortunately, as an agent we have no control over when and how much a particular operator will discount a holiday and we update our prices as and when updates are provided to us by the Cruise Line.

It is very unfortunate that in this case it has reduced. Just as prices go down they can equally go up, with this in mind, if that were to happen we would not dream of asking you for another penny as the holiday is confirmed at the price you agreed to. All new prices are only applicable to new bookings and to be eligible to the current prices, you would be required to cancel the current booking and rebook at the new price, unfortunately, the cancellation fees are considerable, so this would not work out to your advantage.

I apologise for any inconvenience and frustration regarding the matter, however unfortunately there is nothing we are able to offer.

Kind Regards

Currently got transatlantic on independence booked for 1st may but think I'm going to book barca to Dubai on ovation instead

Will I just lose the deposit I paid for independence?

Personally bcn to Ddb on ovation beats independence any day!!

If you booked in the uk then it is loss of deposit only but you need to be quick as final payment date for the indie cruise is 57 days out.

C@lm se@s......sorry they would not honour the price drop. Sorry to say that I have already had confirmation of the refund that will be paid to me as I had paid in full ( the agent wanted paying about a month before). Next time use a different TA !

Edited by little britain

Personally bcn to Ddb on ovation beats independence any day!!

If you booked in the uk then it is loss of deposit only but you need to be quick as final payment date for the indie cruise is 57 days out.

C@lm se@s......sorry they would not honour the price drop. Sorry to say that I have already had confirmation of the refund that will be paid to me as I had paid in full ( the agent wanted paying about a month before). Next time use a different TA !

I paid in full weeks ago :( when I booked what TA did you use just for future ref thank you

Fingers crossed. I cant see why they wouldn't as you don't get the free drinks, 50 % (by the way :rolleyes:) offer in Guarantee cabins anyhow, so they cant say its a special offer. Hope it works for you :)

Thanks for that debgreg - unfortunately I'm not getting anywhere. I emailed Royal Carribean on Monday but not heard anything. I also emailed my TA again and not heard anything - they probably have me down as a nuiscance :)

When I phoned Royal Caribbean again yesterday the lovely lady said I should get my TA to phone but I don't think they will. Note to self - use a different TA next time.

Thanks for all your assistance and info folks, and to those of you who were able to move cabins etc - well done!;)