Ovation: is she the poor relation?

There is nothing "wrong" with her; it is just because she is Asian bound and this is a predominantly USA/ European site that very few people will ever have the chance to sail on her, so consequently there is little buzz or info.

Her first float out is scheduled for today though.

Meanwhile on Harmony which comes out a month later, and which will be in Europe and the USA they have already started the 99 day countdown !

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I haven't been on the board since Jan 29th so may have missed it but is she being named out of Southampton?

Won't have 24hour internet until we get home on 24th Feb.

Edited by heatherb1958

Looks like they have added another pre inaugural cruise for the Ovation, just had a text from a well known UK travel agent offering 3 nts on the 14th April from Southampton from £249 in a balcony. Its not even on Royals website yet!

NEVER SEEN BEFORE

New Ovation Inaugural Sailing

Ovation of the Seas - 14 Apr 16

3 Nights

Balcony from £249pp

Southampton, Amsterdam, Southampton

Looks like they have added another pre inaugural cruise for the Ovation, just had a text from a well known UK travel agent offering 3 nts on the 14th April from Southampton from £249 in a balcony. Its not even on Royals website yet!

NEVER SEEN BEFORE

New Ovation Inaugural Sailing

Ovation of the Seas - 14 Apr 16

3 Nights

Balcony from £249pp

Southampton, Amsterdam, Southampton

Wow. Interesting!

Thanks everyone, I have bitten the bullet and booked for the 3rd May, Southampton to Barcelona 7 nights. Balcony cabin, with the drinks package, two nights in 4 * Hotel Barcelona, flights back £895pp.

Cant go wrong with that me thinks :) :)

Thanks everyone, I have bitten the bullet and booked for the 3rd May, Southampton to Barcelona 7 nights. Balcony cabin, with the drinks package, two nights in 4 * Hotel Barcelona, flights back £895pp.

Cant go wrong with that me thinks :) :)

That is a great price and shows it is worth holding out for those bargains!

After a Thomson cruise I think you will spot a few differences!

It looks like the complimentary restaurants for 3/5 are not yet open for booking but keep watching and they should open soon.

Edited by little britain

Most upset, I thought I was going to be able to tick a Maiden off my bucket list, but not any more, thanks RCI

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-guides/royal-ovation-introduction/

It looks like we might have dreamworks on board.

What a shame about the extra cruise before the maiden cruise.

Thanks about sharing the news about Dreamworks being on the ship. That was one of the questions I had.

Corinna

That is a great price and shows it is worth holding out for those bargains!

After a Thomson cruise I think you will spot a few differences!

It looks like the complimentary restaurants for 3/5 are not yet open for booking but keep watching and they should open soon.

Thanks, I'm not actually sure what i need to do though :confused:. I have opted for the flexible dining option, do i still need to book ?

Thanks, I'm not actually sure what i need to do though :confused:. I have opted for the flexible dining option, do i still need to book ?

No, you have the option of just showing up whenever you like.

There are 2 options:

Dd classic - they will rotate you through the 4 restaurants. You will have the same table mates and the same staff and eat at the same time every night. They tell you when you get on board which order you do them.

Dd choice - you decide when/where you want to eat and you can book in advance ( when they open up on line) or you just go to eat when you want to and there may be a short wait. Just like turning up at a restaurant in your high street without a reservation. But it means you can eat at the same one, if you really like the menu as many times as you want!

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

There are 2 options:

Dd classic - they will rotate you through the 4 restaurants. You will have the same table mates and the same staff and eat at the same time every night. They tell you when you get on board which order you do them.

Dd choice - you decide when/where you want to eat and you can book in advance ( when they open up on line) or you just go to eat when you want to and there may be a short wait. Just like turning up at a restaurant in your high street without a reservation. But it means you can eat at the same one, if you really like the menu as many times as you want!

Thanks, is it best to pre book, do they get full ? Do you know how many you can actually go to ? I have seen that there is MY time dining, flexible and dynamic, what is the difference .

Cheers

Thanks, is it best to pre book, do they get full ? Do you know how many you can actually go to ? I have seen that there is MY time dining, flexible and dynamic, what is the difference .

Cheers

Dynamic dining classic = my time flexible

Dynamic dining choice = my time dining dynamic.

Mucking around with the names again [emoji848]

As I've already said, it depends which one you are on as to how it works.

I pre book a few and then wing it on other nights to be really flexible.

These are the complimentary dining rooms.

American icon grill

Chic

Grande (formal dress)

Silk

Then there is also the windjammer buffet.

Edited by little britain

I got same message, but if you book via dining>book all days, then you can select each individual day. Don't have to book all.

With not knowing show schedule it's hard to know what dining options to go for.

Have booked an early one for night 1 at the American icon.

Does anyone know how to book classic dining? I have rang RC and got a not so helpful, not so polite chap said he could book us on 6:30. That's a bit early for us we wanted 8:30. He said he only has 6:30 basically take it or leave it. Left it and booked 8:30 on dynamic. Has anyone else booked classic? Thanks

Does anyone know how to book classic dining? I have rang RC and got a not so helpful, not so polite chap said he could book us on 6:30. That's a bit early for us we wanted 8:30. He said he only has 6:30 basically take it or leave it. Left it and booked 8:30 on dynamic. Has anyone else booked classic? Thanks

That's about the only way to book it. The other things that you can do are,

- make sure that your name is on the wait list for classic dining at 8:30

- see the maitre d on the first night and try to switch

I though DD Classic was one of two fixed times.:confused:

I thought the same ...that it was early or late sitting, rotating around the 4 complimentary dining rooms with the same table number and same servers

So did I but the OP Debgreg said

I have seen that there is MY time dining, flexible and dynamic, what is the difference .

Cheers

...so she is obviously being told something else, or just her TA has got it wrong :rolleyes: - so I was just trying to match up what she has been told with the Classic/Choice options that we know and love!!!

DD Classic is 2 times- 6;30 or 8:30 - if one is full then you have the choice of either being stuck with the other time, or just go for DD Choice and go to dinner where and when you want......

Edited by little britain

I got same message, but if you book via dining>book all days, then you can select each individual day. Don't have to book all.

With not knowing show schedule it's hard to know what dining options to go for.

Have booked an early one for night 1 at the American icon.

Strange, have tried both ways and I still get the same error:

Unable to add item to your cart

There was an issue with adding the item to your shopping cart. Please contact Customer Support if you continue to experience this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Inventory not available

So did I but the OP Debgreg said ...so she is obviously being told something else, or just her TA has got it wrong :rolleyes: - so I was just trying to match up what she has been told with the Classic/Choice options that we know and love!!!

Is it possible that Ovation is doing dining differently than the other Quantum ships?