Carnival Wine Policy

helensobol

I see the following notation on the Carnival site..

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: During embarkation only, each passenger may bring one bottle of wine or Champagne (750ml) onboard in their carry-on luggage.

Here is my question- It's just me and my daughter. Am I allowed 1 or 2 bottles of wine?

• 7 months later...

Can those under 21 really bring a bottle? We are going with a family group at X-mas with several in the group under 21. I was thinking of buying them a bottle to bring on and if they got any gruff just saying it was for communion or something. It appears that it won't be necessary.

Also, just fwi, I am totally against underage drinking outside of a communion or religious setting. The bottles would be immediately confiscated by me or the kids' parents.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

I guess that OP forgot the parenthetical statement.

The exact quote from Carnival's website is:

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:

• At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage."

OP, did you intentionally edit the excerpt you posted? Or did you find it printed exactly that way some where on Carnival's site other than:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

?:confused:

That "21 and older" clause is a very important detail.;)

Edited by ShakyBeef
removing italics from search

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

I guess that OP forgot the parenthetical statement.

You're obviously a much faster typist than I.:o

I thought that seemed kind of odd. I guess back to the communion excuse!

Thanks a lot for the fast replies all. I did a search on here and that was the thread that came up and I wanted to confirm.

Good luck with the communion excuse. Let us know if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing a family cruise on the Vista in February and travelling solo in my cabin. Since I paid double occupancy for my verandah stateroom can I bring on two bottles of wine. Since the cruise is only for 6 nights, was thinking one large and a half size will be sufficient for me to enjoy on my balcony. Just not sure if they would confiscate the smaller bottle.

I carried on six once and said they were for my adult kids and since I paid for the cruise I got their bottle credit. BTW: they were standing there with us.

The checking in person just laughed and waived me through.

I'm doing a family cruise on the Vista in February and travelling solo in my cabin. Since I paid double occupancy for my verandah stateroom can I bring on two bottles of wine. Since the cruise is only for 6 nights, was thinking one large and a half size will be sufficient for me to enjoy on my balcony. Just not sure if they would confiscate the smaller bottle.

No, only if you are doing a B2B...they will confiscate the second bottle.

Thank you. My son and daughter in law are not wine drinkers, so perhaps I will ask them to take on the second bottle for me. Better to play it safe. :)

No, only if you are doing a B2B...they will confiscate the second bottle.

I carried on six once and said they were for my adult kids and since I paid for the cruise I got their bottle credit. BTW: they were standing there with us.

The checking in person just laughed and waived me through.

My husband has done the actual carrying before if both my hands are full. Nothing wrong with that.

The 'checking in' person probably laughed over the fact that your grown adult children (standing right there) had some how persuaded you to carry all the wine bottles. :p

I always carry on both of the bottles for me and my DH, no one even looks at them.

You don't need to pay a corkage fee, just carry on a corkscrew or ask your room steward to open it. I had my corkscrew break one cruise and just took the bottle to a bar and they opened it, no charge.

What is the dining room corkage Fee? Thanks

From Carnival Liquor and Beverage Policy:

"A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar."

But this only applies if you want to take the whole bottle to the MDR or other venue.