Port Everglades to FLL rental car

frank808

Hi there. I am looking for an economical way to get from Port Everglades to pick up a rental car at Fort Lauderdale airport. I am open to just going by myself to pick up vehicle then driving back to port everglades to pick up family and luggage. Or taking whole family (we have 3 adults and a 10 year old) via taxi, shuttle or whatever to fort lauderdale car rental facility. Thanks in advance for your help

I'd just take a cab with all your travelers and luggage to the rental facility. It's a short trip and I don't remember the exact cost but last time I took a cab from the port to the airport, it wasn't very expensive. I'm sure someone here knows exactly what it costs

Yes, the two points are very close and a cab for up to 4 people shouldn't be more than $15 on the meter. There is no flat rate, just so you know.

Another option is to book with an agency who picks up at the port, but it's all so confusing and congested - honestly, I would just cab it over to FLL.

Hi there. I am looking for an economical way to get from Port Everglades to pick up a rental car at Fort Lauderdale airport. I am open to just going by myself to pick up vehicle then driving back to port everglades to pick up family and luggage. Or taking whole family (we have 3 adults and a 10 year old) via taxi, shuttle or whatever to fort lauderdale car rental facility. Thanks in advance for your help
ALL the major rental car companies have shuttles to pick you up for free from your ship in Port Everglades. National/Alamo shuttle you to FLL while all the rest shuttle to their rental locations even closer to PE. USUALLY the price is the same at PE as at FLL, and usually you can later drop anywhere in FL (including FLL airport) for no drop charge. Taxi PE to FLL is about $15-$20 with tip for as much as you can cram into the taxi, but why bother?