Price Drop

JVNYC

I noticed this morning my July B2B on Riviera had a significant price drop. I called Oceania and they adjusted my booking down $950 pp. Everyone check your current bookings....there may be other price drops to be had. Happy Day!

Edited by JVNYC

Thank you for the heads-up...apparently they lowered fares on 73 sailings today, including our upcoming one. Just sent a message to out TA to see how that will change our booking, whether adjustment-additional OBC-upgrade as we are months away from final payment.

Had you booked direct with Oceania? (Since we use a TA I thought I should let her handle approaching Oceania and never thought of contacting the cruise line directly as you did?)

Thanks again...will post any results when we hear.

Glad to hear you also had a price reduction.

I work with a wonderful Oceania reservationist who always books my cruises and then moves them over to my Travel Agent. So, Oceania handled it for me and sent the new reduced invoices to my Travel Agent. I like having the direct contact with Oceania as well as my Travel Agent.

Good news to report, all with grateful thanks to your quick post! My TA got right back to us with a revised booking of $1,000/pp less and all of our original benefits (we had the wifi, shore excursions and PPG plus consortium OBC) so we are very happy with Oceania, our TA and Cruise Critic!

Pays to ask!

Glad to hear you also had a price reduction.

I work with a wonderful Oceania reservationist who always books my cruises and then moves them over to my Travel Agent. So, Oceania handled it for me and sent the new reduced invoices to my Travel Agent. I like having the direct contact with Oceania as well as my Travel Agent.

I thought that once you change your reservation to a TA that the cruiseline will no longer talk to individuals.

:( I saw the price drops, but the rate for my category just went down to where it was originally booked. Even so, I contacted my TA and asked if there were any discounts or incentives for my sailing. She said no, although there were incentives for the sailing before and after ours, and on down through the spring sailings. We are after final payment, too. :(

I am going to call Oceania tomorrow about booking the beverage package for DH and myself. I'll ask about any other incentives. I asked my TA who could take that beverage booking and she didn't seem to know.

I must be signing up for the wrong cruises! LOL. I've never had a price drop, but typically end up with Oceania giving me multiple offers to leave the ship for a different cruise, in that they had overbooked.

Maybe someday I'll get a price drop also!!

• 7 months later...

I noticed this morning that my B2B in June/July, 2017 had a nice price drop. The Oceania website reflects this new pricing but Oceania doesn't have it in their systems yet (odd). It's being looked into now. Has anyone noticed a new price drop?

Good news to report, all with grateful thanks to your quick post! My TA got right back to us with a revised booking of $1,000/pp less and all of our original benefits (we had the wifi, shore excursions and PPG plus consortium OBC) so we are very happy with Oceania, our TA and Cruise Critic!

Pays to ask!

Good deal, I however won't dare be asking because I cant ask for any more than they (0) have recently given me. .... I am still in shock at their generosity....we can talk on the 9th...

I must be signing up for the wrong cruises! LOL. I've never had a price drop, but typically end up with Oceania giving me multiple offers to leave the ship for a different cruise, in that they had overbooked.

Maybe someday I'll get a price drop also!!

Me too, until this year, then like mana from heaven, lighting from the sky I got more than you could fathom... More than I can fathom, I may need therapy to deal with the guilt for accepting.

Have faith and believe...it can happen in ways you would never ever believe...astounding ways.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the link to show the list of available cruises? I just get a blank box (with Oceania headers). Tried in Explorer and Chrome - same result.

When I did "Find a Cruise" for our departure, it was showing $350 less pp, but when I clicked through to "book" it reverted to the original pricing.

I have our TA looking into it....

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

Apparently Oceania had a system-wide issue this morning and the price reduction that I saw this morning is now gone. I haven't officially heard back from them yet but it appears they put the old pricing back up. Oh well.

Does anyone know if the prices of any of the 2016 Alaska sailings have dropped?

The May Regatta sailing SF to Vancouver 11 days went down about $150 pp for an inside F, which to me in Alaska is the most desireable cabin, on deck7 foward, zip to horizon, pool, and comfy rest at night

Try a different browser :D

I tried in IE and Chrome on my PC and Safari on my iPhone - same result. Even emptied my cache on the PC.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

I checked my next cruise this morning based on reading about the price drop here, and it had gone down. Just checked it again, and the old fares are back.

Maybe it was just a flash sale?

Or maybe the new sale does not start until September 1?

:confused::confused::confused: