"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Jan 16, 2016

Radio

... Join me next time when I begin my “LIVE” from MSC Divina (May 28, 2016) ...

Very curious about MSC, so looking forward to this one. I'l put a reminder in my email to look at the MSC forum. Thanks!

Radio - Thanks for a great review and allowing us to travel along with you. I will be on the Grandeur in August and glad to see what a good shape she is in and hearing your praise on food etc.

Glad you had a great trip and returned home safe and sound given the weather. Look forward to your next review!

I see my car!!! Bottom left corner next to the white jeep. Surprisingly we had my car out within minutes. Can't say the same for the cars in the row behind us. Those cars were buried in on all 4 sides. Highways weren't all that bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the port staff help dig out your car? Did you pack a shovel in your car? Wonder if they plowed the parking lot after your cruise passengers left and before letting new cruisers in to park?

Did the port staff help dig out your car? Did you pack a shovel in your car? Wonder if they plowed the parking lot after your cruise passengers left and before letting new cruisers in to park?

They plowed the aisles before we docked. The port staff had shovels and brushes for people to use but the couple next to me had a small shovel that we used to dig snow away from the tires. They most likely had to plow again after we all left. We had my car out within minutes but the row behind had nearly 3 feet of snow around their cars where I maybe had 6 inches around my car plus the snow on the hood. I heard someone say the port staff isn't allowed to help with clearing cars because of liability issues if a car were to be damaged during the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great review!

What made you want to do MSC if I may ask?

I have always had an interest with MSC. When Celebrity Cruises merged with RCCL, Rick Sasso was the Vice President for Sales in the US. Shortly thereafter Rick Sasso left Celebrity and was named President of MSC Cruises/USA. It seems that Mr Sasso was trying to bring the feel and aura of the Celebrity Brand to Europe (Where MSC is based)

They have tried to bring the MSC Brand to the US for years, and Divina seems to be what Americans like. They have discounted fares to attract passengers, and the brand is trying to bring what passengers love about cruising from all cruise lines. I have read some wonderful reviews.

I received a great rate, and am looking forward to trying out MSC. . .

Radio

;);)

I just got back from this cruise as well, and loved reading your review! Your photos turned out far better than mine, and it was fun seeing a few familiar faces in your photos. Our group was even interviewed by the local CBS station upon our return to port!

. . . great rate, and am looking forward to trying out MSC. . .

Radio.

Radio, did you do the deal where you apply your RCCL status and receive = status on MSC? We sent our info for the plan, and never received a reply. Some have said the cabins are smaller, and there's more smoking. Your review would be a big help. Thanks!

And also we certainly appreciate your Grandeur reports!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Radio, did you do the deal where you apply your RCCL status and receive = status on MSC? We sent our info for the plan, and never received a reply. Some have said the cabins are smaller, and there's more smoking. Your review would be a big help. Thanks!

And also we certainly appreciate your Grandeur reports!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Rick, I'd try again for the status match. It took about 3 weeks for us to get the match.

We (at least I) got the status match this week. I applied for both of us (separately).Elite on Princess, Diamond on RCI. I got mine but I think I put both of our email addresses the same. Took about a month. I may call to make sure my husband got his. It will be very interesting to see what Radio thinks..the smoking would not be good at all. But in the US it may be different. Looking forward to hearing about it, and sure enjoyed the Grandeur review! Thanks!!

Radio, I started following along early on with this review and got sick and forgot about it until today. Awesome job as usual, and I Appreciate your positive outlook, even with all of the weather issues, really made it a must read.

Thanks for updating us all with your review and how life can be when not everything goes right

We (at least I) got the status match this week. I applied for both of us (separately).Elite on Princess, Diamond on RCI. I got mine but I think I put both of our email addresses the same. Took about a month. I may call to make sure my husband got his. It will be very interesting to see what Radio thinks..the smoking would not be good at all. But in the US it may be different. Looking forward to hearing about it, and sure enjoyed the Grandeur review! Thanks!!

I believe MSC has a brand new Freedom size ship coming to Miami in late 2017.

Edited by clarea

We actually enjoy smaller ships...ie Grandeur size..and recently we love river cruising in Europe which has kind of made me want to save money to do more of those! We have done 3 Avalon cruises and I'm saving for the next. Still working full time and do not have unlimited funds!! We are not fans of the bigger better...and we've been on so many cruises we've lost count (over 45).

Edited by stretchcruz

GREAT review Radio, as always! How awesome to get an extra day at sea...I'm weird but I'd love that too.

Looking forward to the Divina review,

Mary from MI

Thanks Mary. . .I'm looking forward to Divina as well. . .

Radio

;);)