ms Oosterdam Sail-Away January 18, 2016

Boytjie

Does 10 work with Office 7 and Adobe CCS 5? I really do not want to have to upgrade those

I am waiting to hear what the Tech people on board Oosterdam next month say about Windows 10 before I load the free program. I hear it is free until the end of July 2016.

I am watching since we get on the Oosterdam next month on the 19th and have some one boarding today that will be at our Meet & Greet next month. They are on for nearly 42 days...nice.

Is that Ted and Barb? I fly RC5? I am joining them, beginning next cruise! I've been chatting with him, while they've waited to leave and he said they were told the ship was late because they participated in saving about 10 folks in a boat. Of course, they also were told they'd sail at 5:15, then were told they were "waiting for a few guests" and nothing since that time... One of my friends heard they were waiting for Lloyds, don't know what that's about.

He was wearing a bright green shirt so we could pick him out,I told him in the dark, he'll have to moon us for us to see him! LOL!

I love Windows 10 but I despised Windows 8 (even after taking classes on Westerdam). So glad I upgraded.

We have Window 8.1 on our Surface which we travel with since it is small and I like it OK. The down side with a touch screen is most websites have small areas to touch with my large fingers that I am always touching the wrong thing and getting the wrong page.....:mad:

Is that Ted and Barb? I fly RC5? I am joining them, beginning next cruise! I've been chatting with him, while they've waited to leave and he said they were told the ship was late because they participated in saving about 10 folks in a boat. Of course, they also were told they'd sail at 5:15, then were told they were "waiting for a few guests" and nothing since that time... One of my friends heard they were waiting for Lloyds, don't know what that's about.

He was wearing a bright green shirt so we could pick him out,I told him in the dark, he'll have to moon us for us to see him! LOL!

Yes, that is Ted & Barb. He set up the Meet and Greet for our 2-19-16 cruise. I was hoping to spot him in his green shirt and take a screen snip.....that's not going to happen. :(

Don't they light up the ships at night any more? Looks so sad and lonely. SilverSea was so elegant leaving.

Oosterdam is still having lighting problems and other nuisances, when the crew is satisfied it is fixed then the Coast Guard has to sign off and then we can leave. Captain has no idea when that will be.

It's odd the Osterdam is delayed. Hopefully we will get some news.

As to WIN10, the upgrade is easy. Microsoft downloads the Software. All the user needs to do is reply to a few prompts during the upgrade. I found that WIN10 adds a beefed up interface to the PC and provides better access to existing programs. I like it better than WIN8. It also adds additional MS utilities for photos, video, music... I already have Software for all of those functions. So, the added features take up hard drive space.

Well, back to the Ft Lauderdale camera...

Take Care

Mike

It's odd the Osterdam is delayed. Hopefully we will get some news.

As to WIN10, the upgrade is easy. Microsoft downloads the Software. All the user needs to do is reply to a few prompts during the upgrade. I found that WIN10 adds a beefed up interface to the PC and provides better access to existing programs. I like it better than WIN8. It also adds additional MS utilities for photos, video, music... I already have Software for all of those functions. So, the added features take up hard drive space.

Well, back to the Ft Lauderdale camera...

Take Care

Mike

Thanks Mike, we are running Windows 7 and like it very much and not real sure I want to change. But, Microsoft is pushing us to change with pop-up, e-mails and prompts on the MS sites we look at. Like they are trying to "force" it on us????

The ship arrived around 11:30AM today several hours late. A friend of mine on board on that cruise said that the Coast Guard last night asked the ship to look for a ship in distress. They looked for 5 hours but found nothing. When it became light planes could take over the search so the Ooterdam sailed for port, but arrived very late. It was a mess for people with flights. Luckily my friends flight had been rescheduled for the afternoon so he could make it.

It is now 7:30 PM, 3 1/2 hours after scheduled sailing and it is still tied up. I am not sure if that is due to the late arrival still, or is it some other problem which some indicated on this board.

The ship arrived around 11:30AM today several hours late. A friend of mine on board on that cruise said that the Coast Guard last night asked the ship to look for a ship in distress. They looked for 5 hours but found nothing. When it became light planes could take over the search so the Ooterdam sailed for port, but arrived very late. It was a mess for people with flights. Luckily my friends flight had been rescheduled for the afternoon so he could make it.

It is now 7:30 PM, 3 1/2 hours after scheduled sailing and it is still tied up. I am not sure if that is due to the late arrival still, or is it some other problem which some indicated on this board.

They were ready to set sail around 5:30 pm but then experienced some mechanical issues so that is why it is still here.

We had to make some flight arrangements for my mother-in-law to travel to Florida the same time we are flying down for our cruise departing Feb 7th. Not only were we able to get her on the same flights but the seat next to us was available on both legs of the flight! AND it was $100 cheaper than what we paid a few months ago.

I wish jetBlue gave OBC for when fares drop!

We had to make some flight arrangements for my mother-in-law to travel to Florida the same time we are flying down for our cruise departing Feb 7th. Not only were we able to get her on the same flights but the seat next to us was available on both legs of the flight! AND it was $100 cheaper than what we paid a few months ago.

Wow, you got lucky with the flights and seat availability; not so much with the OBC, though. :p LOL

Are you getting excited about your upcoming cruise?

That would be something!

I'm cutting out, too......hope they get everything fixed!

Thanks to all...till next time!

Thank you for this information.

First reports indicated that the Oosterdam picked someone from the water.