No cabin assignment for SOLD OUT ship

PH8

I booked a cruise last Saturday..took an inside guarantee....waiting for an assignment...there were a few OVs left and one inside......

I watched as every category sold out yesterday morning.

I am wondering if I will get a cabin or maybe they overbooked??:confused:

It is for the BR Feb 4th...only 16 days from now.

Anyone else ever have this situation??

Very bizarre,if you ask me..

I booked a cruise last Saturday..took an inside guarantee....waiting for an assignment...there were a few OVs left and one inside......

I watched as every category sold out yesterday morning.

I am wondering if I will get a cabin or maybe they overbooked??:confused:

It is for the BR Feb 4th...only 16 days from now.

Anyone else ever have this situation??

Very bizarre,if you ask me..

Don't panic :rolleyes: We did the same thing for a Christmas Cruise on GR in December; we booked a GTY in Ocean View category about a month before sailing, then watched as all the cabins went to "Sold Out". Admittedly, I was a little concerned too :o . Remember the "deal" with GTY rates means you accept the risk of getting your specific cabin assignment anytime after reservation including up until embarkation. My biggest concern was what to do with our luggage at the port on embarkation day in the event we didn't have a specific cabin / luggage tags. Luckily 2 days prior to embarkation, RCI assigned us a cabin in the Ocean View Category. It was too late to coordinate correctly printed luggage tags (ours continued to say "GTY") so we just wrote our room number on the tag and it was fine. Good Luck, relax, and enjoy your cruise.

Remember the "deal" with GTY rates means you accept the risk of getting your specific cabin assignment anytime after reservation including up until embarkation.
I know...not my first guarantee, but my first where the ship shows sold out when I didn't have a cabin.

I'm not worried...just never had this situation before.

Years ago we took a boat out of Mackay, Queensland through the Whitsundays to the Great Barrier Reef. A Travel Agent was late on final payment for a honeymoon couple and there were NO cabins left. The Captain (who admittedly was half-owner of the boat) gave them the Captain's quarters, and slept in a hammock in the crew quarters.

I trust that when this happens to you, that you will giving bridge tours:D

Thom

PS Like others, I'm sure they are just moving people around, and that you WILL have a cabin.:)

You'll have a place to sleep. It might be a lounge chair by the pool, but they'll find room for you somewhere.

Just kidding, or course. You'll have a cabin. Just have a bit of patience and it will work out.

Poeple will be labeling them the ultimate chair hogs.

Nothing but the best floor space for my friends. :D

Awwww thanks Ellen......you just never know:)

They are not "overbooked"...you are in the pre-booked pool, even tho they haven't given you a cabin assignment yet! No worries!
I said a few times already,I am NOT worried......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JUST CURIOUS!

Kathy,

The spa showers are very nice, and those thermal beds are just great for sleeping (on your back).

Thanks for your helpful info,Karen:D

:D:D:D

PS.enjoy your special cruise tomorrow...

Edited by PH8

Hi Kathy!

I have only had an issue once with something like this. Just call and make sure your reservation shows paid in full. There was a glitch once we encountered and it caused issues with a GTY. If you show paid in full I wouldn't worry yet :)

Bobbie