Luggage Valet is Awesome!

I didn't realize that there was a time limit on the air flight to leave. I guess since our flight isn't until 9:30 p.m. that we will not be able to use the valet? I guess we will have to rent a car. Had planned to use the water taxi most of the day.

Only Southwest has the time limit

I didn't realize that there was a time limit on the air flight to leave. I guess since our flight isn't until 9:30 p.m. that we will not be able to use the valet? I guess we will have to rent a car. Had planned to use the water taxi most of the day.

As long as you are not flying Southwest, you can still use Luggage Valet with your 9:30PM departure time. You have up until 11:59PM to use the LV service.

Edited by cruisenfever

It normally is great, but we have had a problem one time. We have used it half a dozen times as a suite perk, but last year our luggage never arrived in Detroit when we did.

It was March of last year during peak spring break. After we arrived in Detroit and realized our luggage had not, we found out that it was on the next flight 2 hours later. We found out that our luggage was scanned at 11:24 and that was 10 minutes prior to our plane's pushback.

There were 3 RC and 1 Celeberty ship in port that day and I believe there is one supplier that picks up all the luggage then drops it all off. I think the volume of cruisers using the service led to ours being late. We were on Allure, and another couple's luggage on Allure did not make it as well. There was also a couple who sailed on Indy. The husband got his and the wife didn't. All of our luggage was scanned within minutes of another. One of seven bags made, from the 7 people that used it. Five of us were flying first class and none of the bags made, it even though they were tagged properly. The luggage just did not arrive in time.

We have used LV since, but we now track our luggage using the Delta app. We are able to watch from when it is scanned in, to even when it is loaded on the plane. If our luggage happens not to make the plane at least we know is soon as we take off that we need to go to the lost luggage counter when we arrive at our end destination.

We commented on our post crew survey about this to Royal Caribbean but we never did hear back from them. Seeing as it was a "free" perk with the suite we were not looking for a refund. We just wanted them to know our displeasure, as we waited around at the airport for almost an hour figuring out what happened. I guess you could say we had the ultimate luggage valet as a Delta employee had our luggage on our front porch between midnight and 7 AM that same day and we live 2.5 hours away from the airport and in Canada.

We have used luggage valet since and everything worked fine. When it works it's great but when it doesn't it's not so much fun.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I liked that we received our boarding passes too. I was a little paranoid because we had a connecting flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Houston, Houston to Denver. Imagine my delight seeing my luggage in Denver. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

the time for bags to switch planes is much faster than for humans. I had less than 10 minutes between planes in atlanta going to florida for a work trip (i was the crazy person running through the airport) and somehow my bag made it from one end of the airport to the other and was waiting for me in florida.

We recently used this for the first time in Ft Lauderdale and I will always use it from now on when available. It worked great! We loved not having to mess with luggage while going through customs!

Does anyone know if it is available at Cape Liberty? We are sailing on Anthem in June.

Edited by staggr

We recently used this for the first time in Ft Lauderdale and I will always use it from now on when available. It worked great! We loved not having to mess with luggage while going through customs!

Does anyone know if it is available at Cape Liberty? We are sailing on Anthem in June.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

It is not available at Cape Liberty.

the time for bags to switch planes is much faster than for humans. I had less than 10 minutes between planes in atlanta going to florida for a work trip (i was the crazy person running through the airport) and somehow my bag made it from one end of the airport to the other and was waiting for me in florida.

Same with us. Our flight from Fort Lauderdale was 15 minutes behind schedule. When we finally got to our gate in Houston, we were the last ones boarding. I was terrified that our bags weren't going to make it to Denver. They were the first ones to come off in Denver.

If your flying Southwest which allows 2 bags per person and you each have one bag you can put them under one person and only pay $20.

This is what we do too, especially with kids and trying to keep luggage down it is less to put 2 bags under me and then 1 under one of the others since we bring 3 bags for 3 of us.

Glad this works out for less fees.

BUT, one of the charms of the Luggage Valet, is that you are also checked in at the airport. Boarding passes are created for the person(s) using the program. If only half of your family is paying for Luggage Valet, only half of your family will receive boarding passes. Won't the other half of your family have to wait in line at the airport?

... If only half of your family is paying for Luggage Valet, only half of your family will receive boarding passes. Won't the other half of your family have to wait in line at the airport?

You can check-in online while on the ship. Or you can check-in using kiosks at the airport, no standing in line.

If you are flying Southwest, you can pay for Early Bird and be automatically checked in. I advise EB anyhow when using Southwest with luggage valet, because you never know when the crew will check you in, and if they check you in late, it will affect your boarding position.

I have an American Airlines credit card that gives me one free checked bag for myself and one free one for my wife. Anyone have experience with that situation? Will I still get free checked bags or does that muddy the water and get confusing with the valet program?

I have an American Airlines credit card that gives me one free checked bag for myself and one free one for my wife. Anyone have experience with that situation? Will I still get free checked bags or does that muddy the water and get confusing with the valet program?

If you used your AA credit card to purchase your tickets, then your record locator number (aka Confirmation Number), which is what you will provide on the form that you fill out for LV, will have all the info included.

We get 2 bags free with our United Presidential Plus CC and have never had a problem.

Edited by cruisenfever

You can check-in online while on the ship. Or you can check-in using kiosks at the airport, no standing in line.

If you are flying Southwest, you can pay for Early Bird and be automatically checked in. I advise EB anyhow when using Southwest with luggage valet, because you never know when the crew will check you in, and if they check you in late, it will affect your boarding position.

I was just going to say that. I always check in on-line. Easy and convenient.

Can the luggage valet service be used at Port Everglades with a flight out of Miami? Or is restricted to FLL?

Staying in a suite so this perk would be really helpful saving on the size of a rental car i need for that day.

Yes, see this form to determine if your airline participates:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44781195&postcount=32

Yes, see this form to determine if your airline participates:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44781195&postcount=32

THANKS!!!! Perfect for us! Now i can get a smaller car! I'm overly concerned because i tried to use this in Port Canaveral last year and was denied. I had no idea that Southwest had a late limit on flights and ours must have been past it although they could CS never gave me a reason onboard. Caused all sorts of issues getting our bags into our smaller rental car (everything else was sold out). I had reserved a minivan this time but now can downsize and save a little!

Sure glad I ran across this post because we had intended to use the luggage valet and see Ft. Lauderdale by water taxi. Our flight (Southwest) doesn't leave until 9:30 p.m. so my choices were to rent a car or a day room. Not much difference in price so we opted for the day room and hopefully the hotel shuttle will drop us off at the nearest water taxi. If not, then we will take a cab. If it is a lousy day outside, we will be glad to have the hotel room. We now at least have a home base and ride to airport when ready.